ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have been in touch with SRA yesterday about my complaint and they have told me that there are a lot of complaints about ACS law and they are dealing with them and i will hear from them within next two weeks.

Edited by pridewat
mistakes

Write to the features editor.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Just out of interest has this firm actually isssued any proceedings yet?

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Just out of interest has this firm actually isssued any proceedings yet?

Not as far as I am aware and I am not convinced that they actually will either.

I strongly suspect they have already made a pile from people that have just 'coughed up', legal action would cost money and attract more adverse publicity.

As Davenport Lyons underwent metamorphosis into ACS, (some of the staff concerned anyway), I think the same process will occur again when it gets to hot.

David

Hello

I think i have made a bug mistake and would like your help

I got this letter and sent a reply saying i did download this and offering a smaller settlement :( i no stupid is there anything i can do now?

thanks for any help

Hello

I got this letter and sent a reply saying i did download this and offering a smaller settlement :( i no stupid is there anything i can do now?

thanks for any help

Could you post a copy of the letter that you sent them so we can see exactly what you did admit to.

Incidentally you need to remove anything that may identify you - ACS have been known to read these threads

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

:( it just gets worse i dont have a copy of the letter but i admited to downloading it!

Did you download it?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Hello

thanks for any help

Yeah...do not pay them a penny & let them take you to court (which they wont), even if so - you'll just pay £1 per month if need be ;)

kinda i butchered one off the internet so it sounded profesional but i did state i downloaded the file but also stated i did not share it and that i have deleted it

@mr.ton

so you recommend doing nothing at all just ignore this latest letter rejecting my offer?

This more and more looks like an ilegal [problem] :mad:

@mr.ton

so you recommend doing nothing at all just ignore this latest letter rejecting my offer?

ABSOLUTELY = 100% = WITHOUT SHADOW OF DOUBT :-)

Just because they have been to court to obtain IP addresses, does not give them any authority whatsoever to obtain money out of you.

Only a court can do that, via a process etc...

So let them take you to court (at cost to them & which they wont) and even so, just repay £1 per month after all your outgoings are catered for.

This more and more looks like an ilegal [problem] :mad:

Theyve been to a court..so its legal enough - the only dodgy part of all this, is the money issue.

Its for the court system to say how much you must pay & when etc..not ACS:Law.

I'm at risk of comiting defamation so will be careful with my comment...No harm intended but I wouldn't have thought that the artists concerened had that many fans, or people that would admit it :D

Maybe they had to get publicity this way...JOKE!

Offer to pay the cost of the CD :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks