What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The mum of the banker who blew the whistle on Goldman Sachs insists he's a 'really good boy'. I totally agree with that! The new Messiah to me!! Greg called the the US investment bank 'morally bankrupt' and claimed executives often referred to clients as 'muppets'. Apparently, Goldman Sachs have received numerous phone calls from muppets singing the the mnamna song made famous by the muppets. Greg wrote to his mum to warn her of the letter he was about to write, 'Don't worry'. Everything you have taught me has mattered. I love you'. Jennipher added 'Im terribly proud of him. But i'm worried about him now that he hasn't got a job.' Here's hoping Karma will ensure he will have a job soon:-D

Here's one of the alternative takes on the letter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115202/Greg-Smith-resignation-letter-Goldman-Sachs-exec-letter-prompts-internet-mock-ups.html

The letter

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html?pagewanted=all

Edited by determindator

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

The obscenely shaped piece of ginger sitting on my kitchen counter lol! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Oh my God! :lol::lol::lol:

I've just sent this to my nephew with the message "I hear the pipes always make you feel emotional...."

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I bloomin' give up with you lot lol...xxx

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

My Dad. He was given a scan in mid Jan for a suspected ulcer and came out having been told he had aggressive cancers in 5 parts of his body, including inside his heart, and on his spine with the possibility of it causing paralysis (if he lasted long enough for it to grow). The prognosis was months, and he wasn't fit enough for chemo as he'd lost so much weight (which the fecking GP ignored in a 75 year old man - a year he was going to her with various issues, none of which were taken seriously despite the fact he NEVER went to the doctor).

Anyhow, he was put on high dose steroids to try and get some weight on him to get him fit for chemo, which he did, and after two rounds the tumours all seem to be shrinking at a rate of knots.

I'm touching wood wherever I can, but at the moment it's gone from him not lasting to summer to us being able to have a dad for a while longer :D

If someone finds a cure for Parkinsons as well that would be perfection in our family's world! :)

• Confused 1

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Oh, and the solicitor phoned yesterday to tell me that they are fully disputing the claim of the woman trying to sue me for a car crash she caused as her statement does not make sense, and is utterly at odds with the damage caused. As it would be what with her making it up as she was completely unaware she had had an accident!

If there's any justice she'll be had up for making a fraudulent claim for that and the claim for the personal injury she apparently sustained from her made up impact!

Oh yeahhhh :lol: The only thing is, it appears to have three legs.....*Coughs*

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

My Dad. He was given a scan in mid Jan for a suspected ulcer and came out having been told he had aggressive cancers in 5 parts of his body, including inside his heart, and on his spine with the possibility of it causing paralysis (if he lasted long enough for it to grow). The prognosis was months, and he wasn't fit enough for chemo as he'd lost so much weight (which the fecking GP ignored in a 75 year old man - a year he was going to her with various issues, none of which were taken seriously despite the fact he NEVER went to the doctor).

Anyhow, he was put on high dose steroids to try and get some weight on him to get him fit for chemo, which he did, and after two rounds the tumours all seem to be shrinking at a rate of knots.

I'm touching wood wherever I can, but at the moment it's gone from him not lasting to summer to us being able to have a dad for a while longer :D

If someone finds a cure for Parkinsons as well that would be perfection in our family's world! :)

It's an awful disease Lexis, as is cancer - so sending all the very best to your Dad! My Dad had been back and forward to the doctors for months and months with back pain and wasn't taken seriously, was given codrydramol for suspected arthritis (this all only came out after he was diagnosed) and my Dad was never one to complain, he even drove me home 6 miles one time thinking he had indigestion when all along he was having a heart attack! So the doctors were well aware he wasn't a complaining hypochondriac - anyway, he collapsed with the pain while at my house, we rushed him to hospital, and it turned out he had bowel cancer, that had gone secondary to his lungs and liver!

Anyway, to cut a long story short - he passed away 8wks later! I was considering a complaint, but it wouldn't have brought him back - but it has made me very wary of doctors now, and would always recommend a second opinion to people.

So sorry to hear that Duckwaddler. It just makes you want to scream when you know it's quite possible something could have been done doesn't it.

Thanks Underdog :) xx

Aww, thanks you guys! And yes you're both right!

It's like when my Godson was diagnosed with Leukemia back in November his Mum had been taking him back and forth to the docs for quite some time, as he looked pale, was cold all the time, and seem to have a yellowish tinge to him - he also was holding his eyes saying "sore"! But his GP, even after blood tests said they couldn't find anything but he was anemic!!! She was fuming, they wouldn't seem to listen to her! It was only when his older Brother had an accident and they were on the ward with him, that a peadiatrician took one look at him and said he didn't like the look of him, so immediately did bloods on him - 1hr later they told her it looked as if he had ALL (Leukemia)!

I only thank God for that Peadiatrician, it makes me shudder to think what might have happened had he not have been vigilant!

Oh, and my friend has put a complaint in by the way!

Seems a mean thing to say, but it was lucky that the older boy had that accident (if you see what I mean), and that they managed to see that particular paediatrician. Glad your friend put in a complaint, duckwaddler, hope she gets a good result and that your Godson (and his older brother) make a full recovery.

I must admit, I don't have any faith in medics anymore. I broke and dislocated a toe and broke a metatarsal last year; didn't even bother going for treatment, just strapped it up myself and waited for it to heal! Not the wisest thing to do perhaps, but our local hospital is notoriously inept and would only have made things worse - I'd probably have a peg leg by now if I'd let them anywhere near me, lol.

Edited by underdog13
grammar

Underdog, you are so right! Had it had not been for his older Brother, it probably would have been too late for treatment to have been effective - I mean there are no guarantees at the moment, but at least he has a fighting chance.

The funny thing is - his older Brother had rather a serious accident that required an ambulance, he was run over by a truck! But after extensive tests etc his only injuries were torn ligaments!! Everything happens for a reason I believe, and this was in my opinion, Gods/spiritual/cosmos or whatevers way of getting that littlen to the hospital.

Lol! I forgot to post what made me smile today!

I've had some good news that a long running annoying problem is going to be over soon :-)

It's Friday, the weather's lovely! Going to make some apple pies with my daughter and take them up to my Dad at his nursing home tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the weekend in the "Had a good week at work and looking forward to chilling out" kind of way rather than the "Had a horrible week at work and can't wait to not be there" kind of way. Loving being back at work after 6 rotten months unemployed. :-)

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Underdog, you are so right! Had it had not been for his older Brother, it probably would have been too late for treatment to have been effective - I mean there are no guarantees at the moment, but at least he has a fighting chance.

The funny thing is - his older Brother had rather a serious accident that required an ambulance, he was run over by a truck! But after extensive tests etc his only injuries were torn ligaments!! Everything happens for a reason I believe, and this was in my opinion, Gods/spiritual/cosmos or whatevers way of getting that littlen to the hospital.

Someone/something certainly seems to be watching over those two boys. Amazing that the elder boy got hit by a truck and only sustained ligament damage! Hope they both make a full recovery and go on to lead long, healthy lives.

I'm so clumsy I stub my foot on a corner of skirting board and break two bones. Want to hear the punch line? I was dodging round a treadmill at the time of my accident. I'd bought the equipment to get fit and lose some weight, instead I was unable to walk about for months and gained weight instead. You have to love the irony!:lol:

Edited by underdog13
typo
  • Confused 1