What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Conversation with friends on Facebook. Despite one friends' best effort, some of the stuff he's said can be taken as something quite rude...

A Freudian slip perhaps :lol: I once knew a young girl, who every time she came home from her Boyfriends, and her parents would ask how his older Brother was - she'd say in a dazed state...."oh he's lovely" lmaooo! Those Freudian slips say a lot about what a person is really thinking!

The beautiful nature we are surrounded by made me smile - perfect!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOoooo, just got a nice little £50 cheque through the post from Npower :whoo:

By way of a gesture of goodwill because they didn't put my credit on my last bill because of a change over of systems! They can do that every week if they like :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Congrats on your new awaited arrival Beachbird. My mum spoils my sisters kids and I am sure you will be just like her!

Anyway,, came on to say I smiled as when I finished painting an elderley couples bedroom and hallway they gave me a big tin of sweets! Not often that happens,, sometimes not even a thankyou from people,, touched my heart it did,, and the lady was so worried I was doing too much, some people are really nice.

Was up late last night worrying about DLA and resigned myself to having to wait at least eight weeks... Got to three brown envelopes and one white one in the post... One was an appointment, another a bill, the third DLA acknowledging receipt of my forms on 05/04/12... The fourth was my DLA decision letter... Full mobility and middle rate care(gone up) 'for two years in the basis of the forms only!!! No ATOSsers, get out of jail (poverty) free, pass go and collect £200!!!

I've just bought an Everton Tea Set.........

11 mugs and no cups.:razz:

Being an Evertonian, I would have posted this on what made me swear today - that is if it hadn't have made me lmfaooooo!!! Kudos to you :lol:

Well I have the cheesiest of smiles today! We went to look at the luxury memory foam mattresses (which are usually quite expensive) there was a sale on anyway, so a bonus - and we know one of the staffy members who got us a mahoosive discount and free delivery! So what should have cost us £450, ended up costing us £127!!!! I am delighted :-)

I dunno ,,, I do work quite hard even if I do say so myself,, but sometimes I dont have the £££ at the end of the month to buy any luxuries... anyone got any tips as some of you seem to have good jobs,,, well done if you have! ( or would I be better of in benefits!!)

I dunno ,,, I do work quite hard even if I do say so myself,, but sometimes I dont have the £££ at the end of the month to buy any luxuries... anyone got any tips as some of you seem to have good jobs,,, well done if you have! ( or would I be better of in benefits!!)

Trust me, you wouldn't be better off with benefits. :-)

Here's my tip for you, though - move out of Southampton and get yourself anywhere from the Midlands up, which is what we've just done. Cost of living is half the price up here!

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Being marched around the office by my boss who was telling everyone to look how big my 'baby bump' was for someone who still has months to go. The thing that made me smile was that they were all cooing over my lardy 'food baby', I haven't got much of a baby bump yet :)

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Aldi is the future! Saves us a bloody fortune each month, it makes me smile everytime they tell me how much my mahoosive trolley full of shopping is.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

I'm smiling today because I've not been able to eat one of my favourite foods "Mexican" for years, as I'm gluten/wheat allergic - but have just found a traditional Mexican site, and discovered that traditional Mexican food doesn't ever contain wheat or gluten!!! It's us Brits who have done that here! So have just ordered 60 large soft tortilla wraps, and a bag of the blue masa flour they use to make them with! It is soooo cheap to! £2.95 for 30 large tortilla wraps! You pay around £3.00 just for 6 of those discovery ones in the supermarkets! So an even bigger bargain!!!!

Here is the site if anyone on here is ceoliac or gluten/wheat intolerant - or just fancy eating traditional Mexican at a fraction of the price!

http://www.mexgrocer.co.uk/index.html

My adopted niece is turning 18 tomorrow, which also happens to be my eldest daughters birthday (who died) - so I am very close to her! We have bought her a gold curb chain with a pink topaz and diamond pendant on, and her Mum has hidden it from her lmaooo! But she's just phoned me to tell me that her manager is putting her through a short management course at college then he will make her supervisor! I am so proud of her - she is going to make so much of her life! :whoo:

Yesterday my 9 year old went to a fencing competition with his club from school. He came first out of the school club (9 kids) and 2nd overall out of 5 schools! I'm so proud:)

Also, he showed me his finished product for Cadbury's last night:) He's designed a wrapper, and then written a letter to them explaining how he really likes their products and wanted to give them an idea for a new bar and it's wrapper. He did it all himself and signed off with 'thank you for your time' which gave me the biggest grin. I hope someone there takes the time to reply to him!

Oh, and my eldest is coming back today from a school week at PGL. I've really missed him, and I can't wait to embarrass him with a huge hug and kiss. Of course that's providing he's changed his clothes at some point and gone near a bit of water, otherwise I might just be giving him a very wide berth:D

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

LOL You will be lucky Lexis if you think your son showered! I remember when we used to go one school camp trips lol. Mum would go mad as all the clothes in my bag would be all encrusted with mud and smelly where they were damp! And the towel was clean and dry! I have to smile about it now as it was a good time in my life being there!

You were bang on malb, except only one set of clothes were crusty as he never changed:) My hubby thought he'd caught the sun as he came back brown - I had to point out that it was dirt. And, of all the pants I sent him with for his five day trip, one pair had been used; and he was still wearing them!!

Boys are gross!:):)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

They don't get much better when they become men :lol:

I'll never forget the stench of my OH's kit bag when he used to play football :jaw: