What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lol

Playing words with friends with dad. We finished our game, I went to start a new game and got 61 points and rejected his request for a new game. To which he replies "oh I see. You get 61 points in yours and reject mine, where I got 6 points".

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing Trotters Independent Training Reliant Robin, complete with inflatable dolls looking out of the back window. It was outside a church where there was clearly a wedding taking place. :p

Also finding a cheap mains adaptor for my laptop in Asda - then when it went through the till it was half the price it said on the shelf. :-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My hubby having a little baby paddy when the scrap man was driving up our close.

'Shall I go and give him all that rubbish',

me: 'yes',

him: 'I'll give him the barbecue too',

me: 'why',

him: 'because you said we can throw it',

me: 'only when we buy a new one'.

With that he stormed into the kitchen and began banging things about. There was a massive laugh off my 11 year old daughter, which started me off, I shouted hubby to come and see what he's done to his daughter, and looking baffled I explained to him that she was laughing at her dad having a paddy. He had to give it up and joined in with us. What a little baby :)

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

Seeing Trotters Independent Training Reliant Robin, complete with inflatable dolls looking out of the back window. It was outside a church where there was clearly a wedding taking place. :p

Also finding a cheap mains adaptor for my laptop in Asda - then when it went through the till it was half the price it said on the shelf. :-D

If you don't mind me asking, how much was is caro? My friends daughter needs one for hers! I can pick her one up while I'm up there next week.

What made me smile was a phone call from my niece, her Mum and the whole group of them that they went out with for my nieces 18th - at 1am!!! I'm still smiling and deciding on whether or not I should remind them of some of the things they were saying lmao! :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was is caro? My friends daughter needs one for hers! I can pick her one up while I'm up there next week.

What made me smile was a phone call from my niece, her Mum and the whole group of them that they went out with for my nieces 18th - at 1am!!! I'm still smiling and deciding on whether or not I should remind them of some of the things they were saying lmao! :lol:

I thought you were talking about Del Boys van for a mo!! lol

The adapter was £12.98, but I need to take it back as it's not charging the battery properly.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Get one off ebay, but be sure to read the feedback thoroughly. We bought one and it set on fire! Got another off a more reputable dealer on there :jaw:

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

My last one came off ebay, but when I realised how bad it was now I wanted to replace it straight away so wanted to get it today. Best price in PC World was £50!

Well I'm smiling again.

Posted about my problem with the adapter in the techy forum and got the help I needed to sort it. :-D

I thought you were talking about Del Boys van for a mo!! lol

The adapter was £12.98, but I need to take it back as it's not charging the battery properly.

Wow, that IS cheap!!!! I might even get a couple at that price and put one away for myself just in case! Thank you very much Caro :-D

A couple of things have made me smile today - the first one I want to post is the miserable face on Wayne Rooney :lol: Everton (my team) were 3 nil down, and now the score is 4-4! Wayne Rooney Looks as if he's just has his bottom smacked lol!!!

The second one, was what my friends little boy said to me about my first attempt at making "Mexican Chimmy Chungas" now I have original wheat free tortillas, he said to me - "bloody hell, they're nicer than anything I've ever tasted from Akbars"! :lol: We all fell about laughing!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Some friends have been running in the London Marathon today and all have done well. :) 2 managed less than 3 hours. One of whom has problems with her heart, (heart attack a few years) managed to finish in just under 5 and a half hours.

I've now been talking into doing it.

Duck, just read about the match, well done Everton,cant stand Rooney, sorry to say I am an ARSENAL fan!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I get all my replacement laptop chargers from Amazon (they all have star/customer ratings). The most I have paid up to now is £8.98, and I have ordered about ten up to now (for various laptops) and have had no problems with any of them.:oops:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

sorry to say I am an ARSENAL fan!

Never mind Bobcat...........We all have our faults. Worse things happen at sea.:razz:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

very true SOD'EM!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Some friends have been running in the London Marathon today and all have done well. :) 2 managed less than 3 hours. One of whom has problems with her heart, (heart attack a few years) managed to finish in just under 5 and a half hours.

I've now been talking into doing it.

Wow Nystagmite, that is fantastic - and please give your friends a huge congratulations from me!!! Let us all know closer to the time if you're definately going to be running the next one - I for one would like to sponser you!

Duck, just read about the match, well done Everton,cant stand Rooney, sorry to say I am an ARSENAL fan!

Why thank you very much BobCat - the result was a 4-4 draw, I am quite delighted :-)

Never mind Bobcat...........We all have our faults. Worse things happen at sea.:razz:

Lol! You do make me giggle Sod'Em! Give BobCat a break though - at least they don't support Chelsea or Man UTD :lol:

Thank you Duck Waddler :)

Oh, Nystagmite - did you hear about the girl who had a heart attack and died just before she finished the marathon? She was only 30yrs :-(

I am smiling today because I have had my confirmation text to say my new memory foam mattress is being delivered tomorrow - I can't wait!!! :-D

Oh thank you, I can't wait :oops:

I'm sure I will be on here tomorrow, and the next morning smiling like a cheshire cat lol!

No not yet :|

Although, the slot is between 7am and 7pm lol! I'll be in bed by 7.05pm :lol:

It'sssssssssssssss here!!!!! I'm happy! I'm smiling! - Oh yeah!!! Oh yeah!!!! :whoo:

Edit: Just read the information, and it has to be left on a flat surface for 48hrs before it can be used - so the coma will have to wait :lol:

Lol:)

I'm smiling - in fact make that grinning like a numpty - because I've just been asked to make truffles for Dame Vera Lynn this Thursday.

If there are any reports of her ill health on Friday, please pretend you didn't see this post :madgrin:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.