Dad I Love You So Much

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So sorry to hear your news PF - my thoughts are with you and your family - the others have said it all - it's not an easy time . Look after yourself, so you can look after your mum......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i have a beautiful photo of my mum and dads wedding they look so happy and in love he has his RM uniform on now its a bit small for a loverly gold 10x8 frame i brought today anyone know a good program i can use to blow it up a bit

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

guys i have a beautiful photo of my mum and dads wedding they look so happy and in love he has his RM uniform on

PF,

The only other advise I can give is to remember your Dad as he WAS.

You cannot imagine the stress and hurt you will go though in the days ahead.

It's a long hard road, but my only advise would be to remember how he is now, not what he'll become.

Jogs

sorry ivd added to my post above

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

hehe i told him today not to go running across the ward floor he said ok not now but maybe after 6pm yup he still got his sence of humour

Just an afterthought PF - a hospice will make all the difference for your dad and the family memories of his last days - push for it with all your might and try to stop the hospital being invasive if there's no reason for it.......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

My thoughts and prayers are very much with you and your family right now.

Take control of your famillies wishes ...... dont go by what the doctors want to do. Tell them to let you dear dad have some dignity.

Hugs

Chris xxx

hehe i told him today not to go running across the ward floor he said ok not now but maybe after 6pm yup he still got his sence of humour

:lol:

Why after 6pm do all the staff turn a blind ee or summing.

Glad he has not lost his sense of humor.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

guys i have a beautiful photo of my mum and dads wedding they look so happy and in love he has his RM uniform on now its a bit small for a loverly gold 10x8 frame i brought today anyone know a good program i can use to blow it up a bit

I don't know if this will help Adobe Photoshop free download. Graphic designers, Webmasters, and photographers cancreate original artwork, correct color, retouch and composite scanned images, and prepare professi...

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank You Caro for the link im downloading it anyway as it will be useful for other pics of my mum and dad, but BRW has kindly offered to do it for me so ive emailed the photo to him.

PF

As long as it sorted, that's great.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Do you agree can you see where im coming from i dont want him to go but its gona happen and nothing will change that im trying to face it the best i can then you come in here and say you want to prod him about more

I had the same with my dad two months ago they offer tracheotomy more surgery to clear lungs we as a family (myself and two younger brothers said NO. The had given him a 10% chance of survival so we decided to accept the end was near and save him from more discomfort. Make him as comfortable as possible as the Hospital could do for his final hours and we were there, even his Great Grand daughter was there but not at the final moment. It was in a way comforting to see the Patriarch of the family being looked at by the youngest who is aged 2 today.

We were adamant that there would be no extension of suffering. Tough decision but for us it was the right one.

No regrets, still mourning, but extension of pain for dad not allowed.

With you and your family still in our thoughts PF.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

pompeyfaith,

i'm truly sorry to hear your sad news. i hope you are able to deal with his care in the best way for him and your whole family. as others have said, the hospice program is fantastic in these situations. i think the decision to bring him home or put him in a hospice should be made by his nearest and dearest and a quick trip to see it the hospice before you decide may help you make that decision.

best of luck, and know that lots of us are thinking of you.

let us know how you are getting on.

cancer has ravaged an extraordinary number of families.

i'm so glad i'm doing this race for life thing - i truly believe that research will find ways to deal with cancer in the not too distant future.

unfortunately it will be too late for many.

for the moment it is prayers and best wishes for a peaceful ending to what sounds like a rich and rewarding life.

again, we are all thinking of you with love.

Pureaura,

Sorry i've only just read your post as i've been busy rallying around family and visiting my beloved dad.

Anyway Thank You so much for your kind words and the image.

Regards

PF

Lateralus,

Thank You so much yes we will get an update from the consultant tomorrow we have another meeting with him and his team.

This is my mum and dad it is there 50th anniversary on tuesday.

LastScan-1.jpg

Regards

PF

Lateralus,

Yes it sure is a very very special photo to me BRW has very kindly offered to enlarge and enhance that photo for me bless him.

Regards

PF

and WOW my mum is so pretty my dad was so lucky lol just that picture keeps me going and brings a big smile to my face.

He said to me today if i can make it to tuesday i will die a very happy man that brought a tear down my face i can tell you.

He is also still so proud and brave boy can he teach us a lesson.

Regards

PF

They look very happy and in love Pompey. You're right to be proud of them.

Hey pompey you hang in there for your dad he will know you take the lead here so you have to remain the lynch pin, strong for all and supporting all. You will do it. I know it will be hard but you will, I am sure keep the strength through the grief. Still with you buddy:) but you will have no greater fight than to face up to what is happening. With you all the way in thoughts and a spirit that will see you through the coming weeks/days.

Keep strong for your dad. A fighting man yet by his wedding photo a loving one too.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

thank you Alan as always positive words from you and taken on board

I think Alan has said it for all of us PF - and as another ex- soldier I'm betting your Dad hangs in there till Tuesday ........ keep strong mate - you've got loads of support on here .

Nemo me impune lacessit

Dear Pompey my heart goes out to you i lost my brother in law a couple of weeks back after a reoccurence following a 12 month battle with tongue cancer. He passed 2 weeks to the day it was confirmed by his surgeon that it had returned. It helped us all so much that we kept him at home with us as we had some really special moments and we were all able to support each other as well.

We could not have done this if we hadn't had the support of the beautiful Marie cure and Macmillan nurses who came and sat with us to not only care for him but to give us the stregnth to deal with this too.

I wish you and your family all my best . Time and happy memories will help you through this . look after yourself and you mother xx

I lost my dad to lung cancer ten years ago last Thursday, it was mercifully quick. 75 days from diagnosis to passing away.

Nothing anyone can say can make this any easier for you to bear, other than knowing you are not alone. Be brave and strong for your dad.

Thinking of you and yours.