Dad I Love You So Much

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cymruambyth,

Thank You for your continued concerns yes my dad is enjoying the weather he is right next to a window too with a good view on G level.

The consultant said yesterday that he could come home, but first my mum must have there house inspected cant see a problem there as its all on ground floor.

We also have to wait until they deliver a medical bed to my mums plus other eqipment that will be needed.

They will also arrange for mcmillan nurses to monitor and visit him.

Soon as we can get all this arranged he will be transfered home hopefully by friday.

Regards

PF

Oh he was looking a bit better today not so jaundice they changed his medication so that may have something to do with it.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

This is very true Cymruambyth one thing i did notice in hospital they were not concerned if my dad was eating properly they would put the food there and take it away an hour later.

Now i understand that nurses do not have the time this is the governments fault due to years of underfunding anyway enough of that ill save that for another day.

But this is one of the reasons he will be better at home in his surroundings at least we can help him to eat.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

So glad your Dad made it to his anniversary.

You're right, he will be much better off surrounded by his loved ones. When the time comes, he can slip peacefully away from the troubles of this world, as my Dad did, in the arms of someone he loves.

Hi PF ,

I thought the old soldier would make it to his anniversary - so glad he did - and to have a home care package swinging into action is just brilliant . As noom says it makes it so much better for everyone .........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks johnny,

I am feeling a bit better now knowing action is being taken and we will soon have him home where with ours and mcmillan he will get the best care he so so deserves.

Regards

PF

Glad to hear your dad made his anniversary.

Please send my congrats from an ex RAF type:D

I have worked closely with RM HMS Intrepid during the turkish invasion of Cyprus so he may let me off.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I think will will forgive u as ur new but pompeyfaith is MALE well from what i hear was when he last checked.

Glad ur dad made it to there anniversary.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

{{{hugs}}} for Pov and pompeyfaith.

What every anybody says to u it does not make it easier for anyone.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

PF

Our thoughts & prayers are with you at this difficult time.

My sister-in-law was cared for by McMillan Nurses, they are absolutely fantastic.

Hang in there for your Mums sake.

Beachy & the OH

Edited by beachcomber60

hiya PF

my thoughts are with you and your family and having your dad home soon will let you and your family have that privacy and support from each other too

keep the faith

wishing you all a sunny day

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

good morning all things have taken a turn for the worsed his blood was 40% cancerous it was yesterday 86% he is very weak consultant now says days and not weeks they have also moved him to a private room as they say he is to weak to move him further we the family have been told we can visit anytime 24/7 PF

I'm sorry to hear that your dad is worse, it is horrible watching someone fade away when you can't do anything. Although not ideal, atleast you will have some privacy and time together in a private room. He must have put all his strength into celebrating his anniversary with you all. Try to keep strong.

C

hiya Pf

just noticed your update as i was logging off, am so sorry to hear the latest, be strong for your mum too

kind regards angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

HI PF,

Sorry to hear of the downturn.

I know you wanted your Dad home but, given the speed of events, he may be better in hospital right now.

Best wishes to your Dad and the rest of you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

my father-in-law got to this point several years ago and after a few days of everyone going and sitting around, one night my husband said he was going to stay and the following morning early - he just slipped quietly away. it has to do with choices. o/h's mum chose not to be there, he chose to be there and has never regretted his decision. just let people do their own thing (within reason). maybe some music he particularly likes..

particular smells, sounds, family pics.... anything that makes him happy. i wish you the best - these next days will be hard but you are even now building up memories which will help in the future.

be strong for the family - then go kick a wall, give a peaceful front to the others - save your ranting at god or whomever for a later time. this is the time to just keep loving.

we are all thinking of you and your family

Hey PF,

so sorry to hear the latest news. Still have you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thank You all

I am shattered been there all day since 9:30 this morning but i cant sleep my mum and sister are staying with him tonight he is still slipping away but he has a strong heart and mind im sure they are keeping him going.

His body nutrition is very low a 6 is the worst nurses tell me he is a 5 they gave my dad a cup of tea this morning he dropped it all down him it was bloody hot too good job he did not feel it being sedated under morphine.

Why did they not put it in a beaker for him its little things like this what wind me up just seems they have no compassion. surely they realise he is not strong enough to hold a cup full of tea.

I must go now as I feel tears coming.

Regards

PF

Thank You all

I am shattered been there all day since 9:30 this morning but i cant sleep my mum and sister are staying with him tonight he is still slipping away but he has a strong heart and mind im sure they are keeping him going.

His body nutrition is very low a 6 is the worst nurses tell me he is a 5 they gave my dad a cup of tea this morning he dropped it all down him it was bloody hot too good job he did not feel it being sedated under morphine.

Why did they not put it in a beaker for him its little things like this what wind me up just seems they have no compassion. surely they realise he is not strong enough to hold a cup full of tea.

I must go now as I feel tears coming.

Regards

PF

PF,

My heart goes out to you my friend.

Iam a grown man, knockin on the doors of 60 (hence the numbers in my login name), I'm on the road tonight & that last post as reduced me to tears, lost my father-in-law & sister-in-law to the big C & it's all came back to me reading your update, hang in there my friend for the sake of your mum & sister.

Thoughts & prayers are with you tonight.

Beachy

hiya Pf

thoughts and prayers are with you tonight too

kind regards angel x