MBNA and Aegis - No CCA received!

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Copy of 6-4-09 Aegis 1.pdf

Copy of 6-4-09 Aegis 2.pdf

MBNA first response on two accounts with them since sending CCA requests at the beginning of March and then 'Account in Dispute' letters when the 12+2 days was up.

Who are Aegis? Should I respond to them or direct to MBNA? Aegis don't even quote a UK address, only one in Mumbai which they ask you not to send payment (!) or correspondence to!

Any advise on how to respond appreciated. Or should I just ignore them?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have sent them the account in dispute letters then i would just ignore them for the time being.

MBNA pass collections over to Aegis, not sure if they are a dca or if they are part of MBNA.I get quite a few calls on my mobile from them.....i never answer them :lol:

I would like to try and find out if they are breaking any Data Protection laws by passing account info overseas :confused: Does anybody know ?

Hi

Aegis are just a collection co and letters show registered offices in India, although they direct you not to reply there just phone the no on the letter to make payment. I have queried with MBNA what right do they have to pass my details abroad under the Data Protection Act. :mad: Have had no reply or explanation to date! This would suggest that possibly they are not acting quite correctly as is usual for them......... file the letter for the time being.

Away for Easter weekend and got home tonight to a message left yesterday from Aegis on behalf of MBNA asking me to call them back on an 0808 number. It might be a freephone number in the UK but I am not in the UK, as they know, so it will cost me. I shouldn't call them back I know. I have still received no response to two CCA requests since the beginning of March. Should I pre-empt being called regularly as I expect will now happen by writing to them expressing my preference that they put everything in writing or do I need to wait until it can be called harassement?

Hi Exchange

I think if they haven't complied with your CCA request there is nothing you need to speak to them about over the phone. The call will only be an attempt to collect a payment from you - so don't speak to them on the phone and certainly don't call them back! Aegis, RMA or MBNA all one and the same. Just ask if they have your letter next time they call and they will say 'No?' Then let them know the URGENT MATTER that they always refer to is just that - urgent/serious and can only therefore be dealt with by letter not on the phone. They will keep trying so log all calls to keep a record in case you need to send a harrassment letter.

I also received this template letter after CCA'ing them and receiving nothing. It also arrived after I sent the dispute letter. Both of which were signed for their end. I did send them a letter stating they were acting illegally both by chasing the debt and using AEGIS and that they still haven't complied etc. You could do the same but it hasn't got me anywhere... At the moment I'm just ignoring everything until the extra 20 days is up which is this week. Then I'll be asking for more advice here!

Thanks for responding, seems MBNA don't take CCA requests seriously and start to threaten after a period of non payment time that they have decided.

I think I will ignore them until the next letter arrives!

• 3 weeks later...

Letter arrived today from MBNA that a restriction has been placed on my account and to cut up and return any cards. I already know not to send them back. I have so far had no response to CCA requests or CPR 31.16 letters on my 2 accounts with them. I am now recieving telephone calls from them on my mobile almost daily which I do not answer.

Should I bother trying to get them to respond to the letters I have sent or continue to ignore them?

I'm not sure what to suggest. I've pretty much asked the same question on my thread too as I've yet to hear anything. Do you know if they have been charging you interest over this period? They have with me even though they aren't meant to. So now my balances are back over my credit limit. Great!

Keep us posted as to how things develop and I'll do the same. Hopefully we will get somewhere, but I'm not holding my breath! Oh, well at least the sun is shining!

Hi kb ba1, I continue to receive charges for late payment and interest is being added. Seems they take for ever to respond, probably because they have nothing valid to produce from reading other threads.

I will keep posting responses.

Only response I have had from this shower is correspondence from Aegis and the odd phone call on my mobile or my home number which I do not answer.

I have sent the CCA (sent 27 February 2009) , account in dispute and the CPR 31.16 (which was sent on the 17 April 2009) letters but have had no response to any of them!

Frustrating when they don't send anything except the account statements with threatening messages included.

Copy of 25-5-09.pdf

Latest from MBNA attached. I know it's not a proper default notice and I have written to them again reminding them to send me a copy of my agreement.

I gather I want them to terminate the account before issuing a proper default notice as this would be the wrong way round, would it not?

Just looking for reassurance that I have got this right.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Can anyone tell me how I get MBNA to respond to and then recognise that an account (or two!) are 'in dispute'. They are the only ones to show no signs of acknowledging letters, only send the statements with threats included, the odd letter demanding payment and the very few phone calls I have had but ignored. I don't want to talk to them but I am getting bored with the written silence from them!

I got a response today.

It made me smile!

All they have sent is current T&C's and statements for my two accounts with them.

They state that 'a copy of the original agreement has been requested for you and should we be able to provide you with a copy, we will forward it to you.'

They are such jokers. I have to go out now but will post copies of them later.

One point of interest from a data protection point of view. The envelope it all came in allows the letters to move around and as a result it is possible to see my name address and account number through the window on the envelope. Great Data Protection! (I don't think).

CCA.pdf

Copy attached of one of two identical responses from MBNA.

They have not complied with the CCA request sent on the 27th February 2009 with this rubbish, but I suppose I will have to wait and see if they can come up with copies of agreements.

I will ignore them for now unless anyone thinks I should do otherwise?

Received a text asking me to call an 0800 number. Checked and it is RMA although they did not say so.

I have two accounts so I guess they have sold them both on.

Waiting for letters to turn up from them next.

default notice (not!).pdf

Received the attached default notice which clearly is not one as it does not comply with the regulations.

Second one I have received now, one for each account.

I thought the next letter would be from RMA as the ysent me a text so not sure what is going on.

Still, I don't expect MBNA to know what they are doing from reading other threads!