EGG Loan

Talbot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this site, I have an egg loan but i requested not to have PPI how do I find out if they have built it in to the agreement. Also are PPIs restricted to loans or are they built in to credit cards? cheers

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can either ask for a copy of your agreement from Egg enclosing £1 or send a full SAR request enclosing £10 and they should send you all the information they hold about you and the loan.

PPI can also be on credit cards.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Hello Talbot welcome to the PPI forum,

I am new to this site, I have an egg loan but i requested not to have PPI how do I find out if they have built it in to the agreement. Also are PPIs restricted to loans or are they built in to credit cards? cheers

On the good advice of Pinknico you need to gather the information they have on you and your card/Loan.

Once you have this you can submit a claim for a refund if you believe you have a valid case.

Before you proceed Please have a look at the information provided and read a few threads that may help you get started.................... links

Lots of information i here some will help your claim and some will not please pick through it all it will take time but it will help you;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Guys,

Done a little research on my paymnets, using a mortagage calculator online it seems my payments plus interest equates to the correct amount borrowed so it doesn't look like they have any hidden PPI's but I don't remember signing any forms for this loan. Is it worth pursuing based on the new laws on interent forms (taken out Feb 07)?

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

Hello Talbot,

Hi Guys,

Done a little research on my paymnets, using a mortagage calculator online it seems my payments plus interest equates to the correct amount borrowed your payments plus interest could include PPI you are not aware of so it doesn't look like they have any hidden PPI's but I don't remember signing any forms for this loan. Is it worth pursuing based on the new laws on interent forms (taken out Feb 07)? I am not sure on this point.

I would still go down the route of sending a SAR if you do not have a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement it could show any hidden figures on the PPI issue. You see in a lot of cases the PPI has been added to the Loan amount without the knowledge of the debtor and people are only discovering this years later.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for that never looked at it that way but why they add the PPI into the interest rate if I am happy to pay the interest i.e. if they charge me 10% interest and I am happy with that why would they do 8% plus 2% PPI?? Is it to cover there own backs??

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 1 month later...

After dealing with payplan I am sending out a standard can't afford more than £1 month please freeze interest etc to see what feedback I get from that. The usual I expect but can't get money were there is none:)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 3 weeks later...

Had the usual replies, letter telling me my DD has been cancelled also e-mails directing me to the egg site with messages about payments not being made etc. Will be end of the month before i default on payment because too late to cancel the last one:mad:

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 2 weeks later...

ok i'm ready to pay them there first £1, can anyone suggest the best way to do it. Online it won't let you pay less than the agreed monthly payment. Shall i send a postal order and what letter can you suggest I send along with it?

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

• 2 weeks later...

ok had a phone call yesterday and one today asking for payment. Caught me off guard if truth be told. Anyway last month I sent the £1 with an income and expenditure but I was late doing it so the payment came out of my bank. My question is should they have used that £1 for this month or is that not how it works. If not I will send a chq for £1 today then I know they have taken it.

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

sent the chq for £1, had another phonecall this evening. didn't even give them chance to talk just explained already been discussed sent letter etc not putting phone down 'no offence'.

Also they never ask any security questions. I will send off the harrassement letter this weekend.

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

another phonecall from egg, i was a little bit rude asked them if they are stupid and put phone down. Shall i send an harrassement letter

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

can you put this thread in the egg section instead of PPI section. Cheers.

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

can you put this thread in the egg section instead of PPI section. Cheers.

Moving your thread over to Egg now;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Did you ever find out if there was any PPI on your loan? Did you send for a copy of the agreement?

No i didn't do the SAR on this one, do you think i should. Suppose its worth £10?

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

the calls seem to have stopped, wonder whats in store next..can't wait

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

ok update, received a letter stating they are prepared to accept £1.00 for the next 6 months which is a relief. they are also registering the arrears that will accrue on my account with theCredit Reference Agency. They are also issuing a default notice...

what does everyone think, are they being reasonable for once or lulling me into a false sense of security?

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

ok update, received a letter stating they are prepared to accept £1.00 for the next 6 months which is a relief. they are also registering the arrears that will accrue on my account with theCredit Reference Agency. They are also issuing a default notice...

what does everyone think, are they being reasonable for once or lulling me into a false sense of security?

I don't see how they can accept your offer, and still register with DCA and send you a default notice. They either play ball or they don't. I would say that they are covering their backs, and not playing fair. If you did not pay at all, you would still be in the same situation. I am of the understanding, though no doubt someone will put me right, that when you come to agreement about repaying then that should be it. Particularly as you've kept them up to speed. It just goes to show that even when you're being coopertaive, they give you nothing.

Edited by Mightyacorn
update

never thought of it that way, is it something I can keep back ready for when we are all sorted one way or another anf then producing the letter to get the info removed from the credit reference agency?

it might not make too much difference if i have to go bankrupt anyway but justa thought?

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing