Are You Monitoring, BrightHouse?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, I so forgot about the French thing :D:D:D

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been "otherwise engaged" for a couple of weeks... sorry...

BUT...

Padre is quite correct in what he is saying - and I'm sure he is not simply defending BrightHouse... read between the lines...

BrightHouse have always managed to stay just on the right side of the law - but that has been due to them operating mainly "under the radar"... The bigger they get, the more they have to comply...

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

I was just going to say that people should read between the lines on that post. :)

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Clemma you surprise me Ihad to look back at my paltry 8 posts to see if you could in any way take it as my intention to show BH as a decent compliant co.On the contrary i have highlighted them as treating their customers shockingly and completely devoid of any compassion. OH if everyone knew their rights then bh wouldnt exsist certainly not in the present format.Itotally agree with you they are bullies but like all bullies once you confront them they BACK DOWN i have seen this every time a customer knows his/her rights.People don't know their rights and we depend on people like LEFTY to do something about it. Its easy to have a one sided arguement but the other side is always going to put their case forward also, and i was just pointing this out.LEFTYwill tell you it's not easy . this is a MULTI MILLION £ CO GOING FROM STRENGHT TO STRENGHT OPENING shops all over the country whether you like it or not that is the present reality of the situation and it would take something very substantive to put a spanner in their works which we hope LEFTY WILL DO. PADRE PS I RESENT BEING CLASSED AS LOWLIFE

I have been watching this thread develop with interest, and sometimes that's the best thing you can do. Let it all unfold and get the emotion bit out of the way.

That's why these forums are so good, because we need to let off steam here, not in the "public" eye.

I've only been on here since last October, and I wish I had been here a lot sooner, especially as its 6 years now since I left BH. But ever since the emotion and sensationalism that was the News of the World article, I realised that unless we really tackle the core ways in which BH run their business, then these stories aren't going to do anymore than move the dust about a bit.

The process is going to be a long one, but there are people out ther who are working on it. If we are going to win this fight, then we need to play it like chess, always looking several moves ahead, on both sides of the board! Because believe me, they already have an arsenal of replies to any and every criticism we may have about their business practises.

Lefty has made a great thread about discussing the ongoing strategy, which needs more input. Less emotion, more fact, and always several steps ahead.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/brighthouse/185281-discussion-strategy-direction-your.html

Edited by plumberjon
forgot to add the damn link!!

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Mojo8. You do neither yourself or this forum any favours by using language like LOWLIFE; It's quite easy to be offensive.What i am saying is its possible that the COMPANY have covered themselfs to the best of THEIR abilityby having documentation insisting on cpmpliance by all their employees with the threat of dismissal for non compliance. .How the authorities would view this is the worry.Iwould rather go on a more substantive point which is the anomaly of DLC cover. SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH the co can defend themselves on osc and probably have done in the past otherwise it would have been altered PADRE

Padre

your points are constructive and honest but when you have been treated as bad as the people who post on these forums you will understand why i deem them lowlife... something that i stand by. If the company had covered themselves to the best they could as far as compliance goes then they have serious issues. Just look at the mess catles are in at the moment... all down to greed and non compliance. What is compliant about adding insurance to an agreement and then conning them into ticking a so called needs and demands statement so it looks like compliance has been adhered too, what is compliant about the bullying tactics they use to get people to pay money they simply dont have..... you may argue and say they should not have purchased goods if they cannot pay.... but like us, our situation changed when the recession hit and all we wanted was to reduce our payments for a while, but no.... they did not want to know, they just wanted to bully, lie and threaten us. Brighthouse will never be compliant until the staff and managers they employ understand that compliance and customer service are not not just greed and bullying.

mojo8 i agree totally with your sentiments re BH and have used similar language about them.You also hit on something that puzzled me for some time now .Why are they like this.I have come to the conclusion that bh have always been like this .They have always threatened and cajoled people always confrontational and the people who are middle and senior management were braught up with this style of management.No training is given you just need to know your job although we know that management is much more than that and with bh policy of promotion within its a vicious circle Poor management practices have always been overlooked for the sake of achieving targerts regardless of how they were achieved.They only know to manage through fear and fear of not achieving targets are always uppermost in their minds..It must change but i worry about TS .They must know the reputation bh have but seem powerless to do anthing. As for Cattles re Welcome Finance my information was that it was their poor financial position through bad debt that was their downfall not TS. I might be wrong though As for your last piont forgive me for being evasive but why make it easier for them although i am very fortunate that my wifes salary far outstrips mine and the mortgage would still get paid regards padre

mojo8 i agree totally with your sentiments re BH and have used similar language about them.You also hit on something that puzzled me for some time now .Why are they like this.I have come to the conclusion that bh have always been like this .They have always threatened and cajoled people always confrontational and the people who are middle and senior management were braught up with this style of management.No training is given you just need to know your job although we know that management is much more than that and with bh policy of promotion within its a vicious circle Poor management practices have always been overlooked for the sake of achieving targerts regardless of how they were achieved.They only know to manage through fear and fear of not achieving targets are always uppermost in their minds..It must change but i worry about TS .They must know the reputation bh have but seem powerless to do anthing. As for Cattles re Welcome Finance my information was that it was their poor financial position through bad debt that was their downfall not TS. I might be wrong though As for your last piont forgive me for being evasive but why make it easier for them although i am very fortunate that my wifes salary far outstrips mine and the mortgage would still get paid regards padre

thanks for answering honestly and please dont take my comments personally, its just that when you come home and find your partner in tears because she has been bullied and lied to by them its hard to control your emotions. When managers and staff all work under the banner of fear then things will never change and that will be there downfall. Just for your info, cattles who own welcome finance have basically lied about there accounts to the tune of £700m and one of the reasons is that the recession has hit people badly and can no longer pay. Because of this customers have tried to come to arrangements with them, just like with brighthouse but because of welcomes unwillingness to help....customers have been seeking advice and have been finding flaws in there contracts and finding themselves in very strong positions, this topped with the reccession has put welcome in a position of comprimise. What brighthouse are doing is very similar, even though on the face of it the agreements look ok its there methods of selling insurance and collecting money that will be there problem. I can see brighthouse facing big problems soon unless they change there whole attitude, ethos and business model. I dont ever recall receiving a policy document for any insurance, is there one issued with insurance?

p.s. lefty if you need any mystery shoppers for the docu advertise on here im sure theres experianced mystery shoppers work here

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I'd be a good mystery shopper in Brighthouse. When it came to agreements I'd be asking all kinds of complex questions and, well basically the same treatment I give a DCA who tries to persuade me to part with my hard earned cash. I just ask the right questions until they slip up and say something that breaches a few guidelines or the law, then I report them to the OFT for it. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I'd be a good mystery shopper in Brighthouse. When it came to agreements I'd be asking all kinds of complex questions and, well basically the same treatment I give a DCA who tries to persuade me to part with my hard earned cash. I just ask the right questions until they slip up and say something that breaches a few guidelines or the law, then I report them to the OFT for it. :D

Maybe a visit to your local one in the next couple of months may be in order ;)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

• 4 weeks later...
Keep watching... ;)

End of this month...

Cheers

Lefty

Come on then, Mr!! We're all waiting with baited breath!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi

I also set up the Sky+ and saw it.

Have texted Cath at the BBC and there is probably going to be more in depth discussion on Radio 1 Newsbeat at 1245hrs.

She has said that they have received a very large number of texts over the story, mostly in agreement. So hopefully, there may be more to come eventually as more case studies come to light, as this forum doesn't yet attract every disgruntled BH punter! There is going to be an invite for people to respond ad discuss online too.

Unfortunately, as I spoke to Cath several times last week on the lead up to this story, she was up against a lot of potentially conflicting information from case studies and BH. And in the light of it, nothing short of the whole truth is what we need if we are going to make news releases stick and impact in the way we wish on BH.

PJ

Edited by plumberjon

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

she was up against a lot of potentially conflicting information from case studies and BH,

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

And in the light of it, nothing short of the whole truth is what we need if we are going to make news releases stick and impact in the way we wish on BH.

PJ

;);)

If they had a large number of texts in agreement, then they know they're onto something bigger than they realised. :D

Will be interesting if after the Brighthouse promise of cleaning up their act, Watchdog then send someone in undercover and catch them carrying on exactly the same way as before.

Then the OFT can't ignore it. Hopefully they'll then get booted out of the UK. France won't let them trade there as they dont think it's acceptable for a company to charge over the odds for things to the poorest members of society.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

If they had a large number of texts in agreement, then they know they're onto something bigger than they realised. :D

Will be interesting if after the Brighthouse promise of cleaning up their act, Watchdog then send someone in undercover and catch them carrying on exactly the same way as before.

Then the OFT can't ignore it. Hopefully they'll then get booted out of the UK. France won't let them trade there as they dont think it's acceptable for a company to charge over the odds for things to the poorest members of society.

A large number of texts HAVE been received - Cath has kept me up-to-date on the situation. The texts are all in agreement :D

Mojo8. You do neither yourself or this forum any favours by using language like LOWLIFE; It's quite easy to be offensive.What i am saying is its possible that the COMPANY have covered themselfs to the best of THEIR abilityby having documentation insisting on cpmpliance by all their employees with the threat of dismissal for non compliance. .How the authorities would view this is the worry.Iwould rather go on a more substantive point which is the anomaly of DLC cover. SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH the co can defend themselves on osc and probably have done in the past otherwise it would have been altered PADRE

Hi Padre

Sorry but you sound like their compliance officer (no offense intended), just because a company has a compliance policy in place, and instructs its workers that non-compliance can result in dismissal dosent mean anything.

The culture is already ingrained in their programming, when your managers are passing down a dont give a [edit] attitude and the cavalier were better than them scenario, you certainly are not going to change the frontline approach, the targets have to be met and just short of buglary they will do anything to achieve this.

This has been a problem since the crazy george days

Hi anonquarff

Welcome to CAG - I hope you will benefit from your membership here. One little point - we have very strict rules on the sort of language that can be used so i have taken th eliberty of editing your post to remove a swear-filtr-bypass.

Hi anonquarff

Welcome to CAG - I hope you will benefit from your membership here. One little point - we have very strict rules on the sort of language that can be used so i have taken th eliberty of editing your post to remove a swear-filtr-bypass.

Cheers steven

wont make the mistake again