Are You Monitoring, BrightHouse?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What happened in the end Lefty?

Keep watching... ;)

End of this month...

Cheers

Lefty

Its the end of the month! lol

Edited by andymanx

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LEFTY .Here's a scenario.Person has three agreements with bh. 2/3 weeks late During this time laptop gets stolen, She goes into store to pay her 2/3 week late and reports laptop stolen .They tell her she is not covered for laptop as it was late 'BUT they take the 2/3 weeks payment of her for the other agreements which include the dlc money which in essence they had cancelled when they went late?? Surely they can't do this as again in essance they are charging her for something they have cancelled 2or3 weeks previously when the account went late Could this not be considered as stealing PADRE

That's a point we have been discussing on here since time began, or at least BrightHouse!

If an insurance is cancelled by a provider due to not being paid for, then fair enough, it should simply leave the customer un-insured. Should the customer wish to re-instate the insurance at a later date, then they should be allowed to, but only from that point on.

As a customer, you cannot go to an insurance provider and ask them to insure you for last week, then pay a premium for it! It's practically fraud!

Why therefore, if BrightHouse claim the insurance is invalid when a customer goes late, do they then STILL charge the premiums when the customer settles? It's BH having their cake and eating it, but not actually doing anything for the money.

My advice has always been simple. Get you own household contents insurance WITH accidental damage cover, that ALSO covers portable items, AND covers items that you are responsible for that are subject to HP finance.

That way, if you go late with BH, your item is still insured. Most policies are new for old (but always check what it says on the tin) and the added benefit, you get to cover the whole house instead of just 1 item!

On top of that, all this rip-off DLC is there for, is to protect the cost of the item to BH, NOT YOU!!! You get no benefit from it AT ALL!!

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Thanks pj but the reason i asked LEFTY was i presume as you say this is common knowledge and i would have thought that lefty or youself would have taken a query like this to to TRADING STANDARDS OR OTHER BODY THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN US A DEFINITIVE ANSWER.I cannot see them knowingly breaking any law as at the moment their in word is COMPLIANCE PADRE

I cannot see them knowingly breaking any law as at the moment their in word is COMPLIANCE PADRE

I have to wonder how you have this knowledge :rolleyes:

Brighthouse and compliance do not normally spring up in the same sentence. Before you ask, I am an ex-customer (only very recently) and I have been on the receiving end of their "compliance" - utter tosh, the day they comply with all rules and regulations is the day I eat my boots.

People DO complain to Trading Standards. I did, and I know many others have too - and believe me, this issue HAS been flagged with them.

Clemma Believe me i know. what i am trying to say is h.o have made it plain to all staff that compaince must be adhered to THEY ARE COVERING THEMSELFS however i totally agree with you that the way they treat their customers is an abomination and practically no manager sings of the same hymn sheet as they are under severe pressure from above and will do anything to get sales and PICK UP their GOODS from people who are only a couple of weeks late without absolutely any compassion or concern PADRE

Clemma Another point ,when lirerally millions of pounds are involved yes millions over the years its not sufficient to say it has been flagged i would presume the people who have the customers interest at heart would insist from the TS or other BODIES FOR QUICK CLARIFICATION on such a very important point and i am amazed that no one has done this up till now. with the point re compliance they seem to be satifying these bodies that all is well ???? PADRE

Clemma Another point ,when lirerally millions of pounds are involved yes millions over the years its not sufficient to say it has been flagged i would presume the people who have the customers interest at heart would insist from the TS or other BODIES FOR QUICK CLARIFICATION on such a very important point and i am amazed that no one has done this up till now. with the point re compliance they seem to be satifying these bodies that all is well ???? PADRE

Unfortunately, I have no answer to this. My complaint was made, other people made the complaints. I have recommended people also make this complaint (amongst others), but I can not force them to do so.

I also do not know why the complaints are being ignored by TS.

Clemma i appreciate your answer .my point was to lefty who is obviously well into this and has probably been a thorn in the side of bh. I say this after having parused this forum for some time now and lefty seem to be the MAN.I have also noticed the very good advice you have given to many people over the time and long may it continue .regards PADRE

Just been a couple of legal issues to iron out... documentary delayed until May.

I cannot say any more at this stage, but PLEASE be patient... It will be worth it. ;)

Lefty

PS - Padre, your concerns have been addressed. Believe me, it is pretty much where we "rest our case" right now.

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

To air in May, or to start production in May? How exciting?!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Clemma Believe me i know. what i am trying to say is h.o have made it plain to all staff that compaince must be adhered to THEY ARE COVERING THEMSELFS however i totally agree with you that the way they treat their customers is an abomination and practically no manager sings of the same hymn sheet as they are under severe pressure from above and will do anything to get sales and PICK UP their GOODS from people who are only a couple of weeks late without absolutely any compassion or concern PADRE

Brighthouse are the most non -compliant company around (along with welcome finance). They lie to get you to take there insurance... insurance that is worth didly squat to anyone but themselves. They use scare tactics and intimidation to collect there goods if you fall behind with payments. The staff and managers dont care about how they sell their products as most of them dont hang around long enough to face the consequencies of mis-selling so they just keep on taking advantage of people that have fallen on hard times. I dont care what any person from brighthouse states, whether they are managers or just there low life staff.... they are none compliant in everything they do and would urge anyone who is considering using them to stay clear of these lieing lowlife. We were once customers and because of the recession our circumstances changed and were struggling to meet our debts but they were not interested, we followed clemmas advice word for word and we came out on top. I also duped a member of there staff into a conversation over the phone and he said exactly what we wanted him to say and guess what... it was non-compliant and was recorded...... it won us the day.... all thanks to clemma, lefty and plumberjohn.

Brighthouse are the most non -compliant company around (along with welcome finance). They lie to get you to take there insurance... insurance that is worth didly squat to anyone but themselves. They use scare tactics and intimidation to collect there goods if you fall behind with payments. The staff and managers dont care about how they sell their products as most of them dont hang around long enough to face the consequencies of mis-selling so they just keep on taking advantage of people that have fallen on hard times. I dont care what any person from brighthouse states, whether they are managers or just there low life staff.... they are none compliant in everything they do and would urge anyone who is considering using them to stay clear of these lieing lowlife. We were once customers and because of the recession our circumstances changed and were struggling to meet our debts but they were not interested, we followed clemmas advice word for word and we came out on top. I also duped a member of there staff into a conversation over the phone and he said exactly what we wanted him to say and guess what... it was non-compliant and was recorded...... it won us the day.... all thanks to clemma, lefty and plumberjohn.

Nice post - and I totally agree with all you have said. Would be nice to hear that conversation as well ;)

Hi clemma

The converstaion was only short. We had 4 accounts and the guy on the phone basically told us that we could not pay one account without the others, even though they were diifferent accounts taken out on different dates but would not take payment for just the one. This guy basically threw us into default on all the accounts. We had his name and the call was recorded. We sent aletter to the oft and trading standards. We were told that this was a serious breach and that would be vigerously investigated. We have never heard fro BH since, but we are not going to let it drop.

Fabulous :D - I would get back in touch with Trading Standards next week to see where they are with this investigation. Even better though, BH have left you in peace :)

We have sent them a letter for an update and hopefully we should hear soon. Its sometimes handy having a recording advice because even though we should never speak to them on the phone, they are so poorly trained and non-compliant that they are bound to slip up and its a great feeling to hear them lying to you when its recorded.

We have sent them a letter for an update and hopefully we should hear soon. Its sometimes handy having a recording advice because even though we should never speak to them on the phone, they are so poorly trained and non-compliant that they are bound to slip up and its a great feeling to hear them lying to you when its recorded.

Deffo keep us posted on this one!!!!

it is nice having the peace and quiet now but the only down side to our plight is that the six pence that we had in the yellow money account has gone now forever...sigh

:eek::eek: Well I never......PMSL

Mojo8. You do neither yourself or this forum any favours by using language like LOWLIFE; It's quite easy to be offensive.What i am saying is its possible that the COMPANY have covered themselfs to the best of THEIR abilityby having documentation insisting on cpmpliance by all their employees with the threat of dismissal for non compliance. .How the authorities would view this is the worry.Iwould rather go on a more substantive point which is the anomaly of DLC cover. SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH the co can defend themselves on osc and probably have done in the past otherwise it would have been altered PADRE

Mojo8. You do neither yourself or this forum any favours by using language like LOWLIFE; It's quite easy to be offensive.What i am saying is its possible that the COMPANY have covered themselfs to the best of THEIR abilityby having documentation insisting on cpmpliance by all their employees with the threat of dismissal for non compliance. .How the authorities would view this is the worry.Iwould rather go on a more substantive point which is the anomaly of DLC cover. SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH the co can defend themselves on osc and probably have done in the past otherwise it would have been altered PADRE

People are entitled to give their opinion on here and I for one completely agree with mojo. Try reading their story before judging how they should feel about Brighthouse. You are giving your opinion as Brighthouse being a compliant, decent company. When I read/hear a positive story about Brighthouse I will, for one, be amazed. They cannot back up the OSC (no matter what you say, this policy is FORCED - it was on me) as the Sale of Goods (Implied Terms) Act covers you just as well, if not better FOR FREE. Oh, as does the manufacturers one year guarantee (although I was told that BH buy these guarantees.......of course they do). Of course, people don't know this as they are given NO choice. OSC is a bit like PPI without the same benefits. If Brighthouse think their policies are worth the money then why did they refund me £530 (every penny I had paid/wasted) without an argument??

As for DLC - I can understand the reason behind this, as the items belong to Brighthouse until the agreement is paid in full. HOWEVER, if someone has house insurance that covers HP items, then this is not needed. Again, I was forced to take DLC even though I had a letter PROVING my home insurance covered HP items......

So, Brighthouse, in my opinion, are bullies, intimidating, threatening (I love the one about getting a court order in one day and sending bailiffs round.......this is not hearsay - this happened to me when I was ONE DAY LATE with my payment. The one and only time I was in 4 years). They prey on the vulnerable and expect people to not know their rights. Calling them lowlifes is pretty tame.

All the opinions expressed above are my own.

Mojo8. You do neither yourself or this forum any favours by using language like LOWLIFE; It's quite easy to be offensive.What i am saying is its possible that the COMPANY have covered themselfs to the best of THEIR abilityby having documentation insisting on cpmpliance by all their employees with the threat of dismissal for non compliance.

Well if Brighthouse operate to the best of their abilities, then they need shutting down right away.

They are the lowest of the lowlifes who prey on the poor by charging way over the odds for the goods and so called insurance they sell.

The French had the right idea and banned their sorry asses from the country full stop. We should do it here too.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related