Just applied for a job...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been offered the job at nationwide pending a credit check, so i thought before i risk embarrasment ill do a credit check online and i did with crediexpert and i looked at the summary and it said i have missed no payments and "You have £0 of outstanding debt (excluding mortgages and defaults" etc but when i looked more into the report i found:

Company name:HSBC BRANCH BANKINGAccount type:Current accountsStarted:07/02/2003Default Balance:£ 1,024Current Balance:£800Defaulted On:19/07/2007File Updated for the Period to:06/07/2008Status history:

[] brackets indicate most recent months status Note: A defaulted account is removed from your report after six years whether or not you have paid the debt in full. If you have paid some of the debt off, the balance should show how much you still owe

will this stop me getting the job as they are doing a credit check? i cant pay it back until i get a job but i cant get a job till the debt is cleared and its only a smallish amount so will they be that bothered?

i know my friend had an outstanding debt of just over £100 with orange and he was refused a job at a bank

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i couldnt find any it fitted in correctly

Well you have awnsered your own question surely? If your friend owed £100 and you owe £800 then logic would tell me that there's a very good chance you will fail the credit requirements of the bank too unfortunately.

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

at the end of that day why not try? worst case they will write saying you have been unsuccessful, but i would urge you to disclose this on your application and quickly set up a payment agreement with the creditor so that when they do the search they can see that you are in in the middle of repaying it. Also when at your interview take proof of the agreement with you. Your friend might not have disclosed his debit and right away the bank wont like that. And he may have been refused on other grounds for example they just didn;t like him or he could not give accurate information on the where abouts for the last 6 years.

I'm sure each financial institution will have its own take on credit worthiness etc, but I would imagine that a default is not going to restrict your employment.

I know of a B.S. that asks potential employees if they have any CCJs or have ever been declared bankrupt, but there's no mention of defaults or late payments etc.

I wouldn't let it stop you from completing the application process.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.