Section 21 served by registered post...letter returned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If an offer has been made and accepted by email or in writing then thay cannot change it unlees their is clause or caveat in their quote; it becomes a contract but only between the parties of the agreement; i.e. if the salesman did not have the authority or did not act for the leasor! then it would not be valid? However you would have a job getting them to agree to this as it would loose them money and litigation would be cost alot and take a long time but you could try and ask them anyway.

I dont see how a credit check which you passed would harm your rating, it woulkd just be recorded as an enquiry.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could always hand them a SAR, which would require them to disclose all the data they hold on you, which should certainly include details of any finance. I suspect that if you were to speak to the salesman's manager, or contact one of the company's directors and make it clear that you won't be fobbed off, they will be forthcoming.

It sounds to me as if the salesman has c0cked up somewhere, and is trying to cover his tracks.

Have any payments been made yet, and/or is she in possession of the vehicle?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

You need an offer, acceptance and consideration (payment) before there is a legally binding contract.

I suspect in this case we have:

1) Quote - invitation to treat and not an offer

2) Your acceptance of the quote - offer

as for

3) acceptance and

4) consideration

you don't state whether any money changed hands and you don't say in what way they responded to your offer. From the summary facts available it appears to me that after you made the offer (2) and rather than accepting this they came back to you with a counter offer, and not acceptance (3) as would be needed. There appears to be an absence of (4), consideration.

If this is correct, no contract.