Parking Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My son has received a parking enforcement notice and is required to pay £150 within 28 days or £75 if paid within 14 days. He was parked at night in MFI's car park in Warrington, the notice states that he breached the limited free alowance for MFI customers he was parked from 01:35 untill 03:48 when the store was not even open for trading. I have since been to the store and asked if they have a problem with people parking at night when they are closed, i was told that the car park did not belong to MFI. The notice was issused by Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I would welcome any advice on this matter.

Thanks TB :confused:

Hi

My son has received a parking enforcement notice and is required to pay £150 within 28 days or £75 if paid within 14 days. He was parked at night in MFI's car park in Warrington, the notice states that he breached the limited free alowance for MFI customers he was parked from 01:35 untill 03:48 when the store was not even open for trading. I have since been to the store and asked if they have a problem with people parking at night when they are closed, i was told that the car park did not belong to MFI. The notice was issused by Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I would welcome any advice on this matter.

Thanks TB :confused:

Private parking ticket [problem], not enforceable.

read this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/65341-private-parking-companies-charges.html

It was probably someone poping in on the way home from the pub in the offchance that there would be someone parked and then they could recoup their beer money.

Just to make you feel better about it, I posted this in another forum on the same subject, this is just part of what happened on one of the very few occassions they tried to enforce it in the courts.

But the far more important issue was that the judge found there was no justification for the £100 fine. He said it was a penalty charge and therefore unenforceable by the court.

That should be enough to take you forward.

nero12 thanks for the info it was well worth reading aso thanks to conniff for your repy

I would be interested to know if anybody else has received one of these notices from CEL for parking at the MFI store in Warrington.

Thanks TB