Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Indeed Johnny i am now seriously considering that because to be honest i need the money and the FOS has had my complaint for 7 mths now and i am still no nearer an outcome.

I will give it some thought tonight

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Citixen the question is where was it from the 7th May until the 18th May ;)

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Can you believe that ? Thank goodness they used a proper frank, you couldnt ask for a better Dodgy Default :D

never a truer word spoken :D

The DN would go down really well in Court. I would certainly copy it with anything else you have recently down to the FOS pointing out the dates and asking them if they would kindly expedite a result on your complaint as things are becoming difficult for you with the threats of Court looming.

You could also reply that their Default Notice under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is actually in breach of section 88(2)(3) of the same Act.

88. Contents and effect of default notice.

— (1) The default notice must be in the prescribed form and specify— (a) the nature of the alleged breach;

(b) if the breach is capable of remedy, what action is required to remedy it and the date before which that action is to be taken;

© if the breach is not capable of remedy, the sum (if any) required to be paid as compensation for the breach, and the date before which it is to be paid.

(2) A date specified under subsection (1) must not be less than [F1 14] days after the date of service of the default notice, and the creditor or owner shall not take action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) before the date so specified or (if no requirement is made under subsection (1)) before those [F1 14] days have elapsed.

(3) The default notice must not treat as a breach failure to comply with a provision of the agreement which becomes operative only on breach of some other provision, but if the breach of that other provision is not duly remedied or compensation demanded under subsection (1) is not duly paid, or (where no requirement is made under subsection (1)) if the [F1 14] days mentioned in subsection (2) have elapsed, the creditor or owner may treat the failure as a breach and section 87(1) shall not apply to it.

(4) The default notice must contain information in the prescribed terms about the consequences of failure to comply with it [F2 and any other prescribed matters relating to the agreement].

(5) A default notice making a requirement under subsection (1) may include a provision for the taking of action such as is mentioned in section 87(1) at any time after the restriction imposed by subsection (2) will cease, together with a statement that the provision will be ineffective if the breach is duly remedied or the compensation duly paid

Basically Pompey and I am not up with the other legal minds. You should be given 14 clear days from receipt of the DN in which to remedy any alleged default in this case you have clearly not been given the 14 clear days so the Default Notice under section 87(1) cannot apply and surely will not stand up in Court IMO.

If they proceded to Court and you presented this documentary evidence the Judge would no doubt strike out the action against you.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi PF

If the PPI is more than the amount they're asking you for, I'd go for that - and let them know you'll see them in court for it ....... I imagine they'd back up so quick they'll get a nose bleed . :D

:eek:

:lol::lol: What would be even more fantastic is if they were to terminate on top of that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thank you alan i will get that drawn up tonight

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

:lol::lol: What would be even more fantastic is if they were to terminate on top of that.
The eternal optimist:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

The eternal optimist:)

Someone has to be :lol::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yeah ! why not! :D:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Had an email yesterday and a phone call tonight from these ------ i could not help myself as i was getting royally ---- off so i sent a reply to there email

In goes the N1 this week should i use MCOL or take it to my local court ?

You know the situation you know it is in the hands of the FOS you know that

they have agreed our accounts are in dispute you know that defaults cant be

issued while an account is in dispute but you chose to do so YOU KNOW THE

AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE TAKEN FROM ME FOR PPI IS MORE THAN WE OWE YOU.

You have said that all collection activity will stop while the FOS

investigates our complaint so why are you phoning my wife the reception you

will get from her is the same reception you will get from me because unlike

the co-op bank we discuses matters.

I sent to you a legit complaint about the first default notice you sent

informing you that it was nonce because it did not comply with the CCA 1974

AND AMENDMENTS your response was to inform me that you could not resolve the

complaint as the fos was dealing with my complaint but its ok for you to

continue to harass us.

I have just come out of hospital due to a heart attack i had which resulted

in an angioplasty operation right now my blood is boiling.

I cant take anymore so expect an N1 court summons in the next couple of

weeks.

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 2:33 PM

Subject: **URGENT MESSAGE**

Dear

URGENT MESSAGE

Can you please contact The Cooperative Bank as a matter of urgency on 0845

602 8819.

If you choose to respond to this email, please ensure that you DO NOT

include any confidential account details as this is not a secured platform.

Regards,

Val McCarren

The Cooperative Bank

6th Floor, Balloon Street

Manchester M60 4EP

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hey PF better advice in here on legal and court proceedings..

Legal Issues

aa:)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

PF, please take time out.. I understand you are extremely angry and frustrated.. but dont make yourself unwell ((()))

BCOBS

PF, please take time out.. I understand you are extremely angry and frustrated.. but dont make yourself unwell ((()))

second CBs sentiments. It should be you and family first:)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

im ok now Citizen thank you.

I have given up pussyfooting around with this bank the N1 will go off by end of week.

I have enough evidence now to take them to the cleaners ;)

Also can you believe not only can they not issue Default Notices as stated to me on the phone by the FOS they are nonce anyway according to the CCA 1974.

Round 3 begins soon.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hi PF , sorry to hear you're getting grief from that shower again , but as the others have said , don't make yourself ill over it .

To answer your question , it is normally advisable to submit your claim through the local county court - reason for that being that there is much more room for Particulars of Claim (POCs ) on the courts' N1 form . With the online one it's a battle wondering what to leave out and what to make sure you leave in ............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya All,

Here is an update on this PPI Claim.

I have had another letter from the FOS and it seems they have their wires crossed.

It goes on about the Co-operative are unable to supply a breakdown of their offer ?

I did not request a breakdown of their offer as i knew it was not correct what i requested and have requested this now for a very long while is:

What was the settlement figures of the PPI element when I refinanced some of the loans.

You see the problem I have is that I know that 100% of the PPI policy cost has not been returned only a percentage has been refunded back into the next Loan.

Surely it is fair to ask this and insist that the rest is returned back to the current Loan.

Copy of Letter below:-

FOSLETTER18-06-2009.jpg

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I havent read all of your thread to see what is what at the moment so can you answer a couple of questions.

If I read the letter from the FOS correctly, the co-op want you to sign a new loan agreement minus the PPI amount, yes ?. If all the PPI from the previous loans were repaid would this wipe out the amount owed in total ?

I will catch up with the thread later on, but if you could answer the question above, would appreciate it. :D

BCOBS

citizen, that is correct they want me to sign a new agreement and yes what i am owed would pay off current loan with considerable change PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Sheesh, what a mess.

I dont think the FOS are helping much are they ?

PF, did you send those spread sheets to the Ombudsman looking at your paperwork. Surely that would help them to see things in perspective.

BCOBS

yes citizenb they have the spreadsheets and no they are not much help PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I sent you a pm:D

BCOBS

HI PF and CB :)

Apparently , (rumour has it) FOS are using untrained students to adjudicate on some of these cases . :(

I think if you go back to them with a request for a more senior adjudicator to give you a second opinion , this has been known to work ....... and make sure they've got all the paper work they need - so they don't have to guess. - If you also spell out your opinion or say what you think they may just go along with it ...... :rolleyes:

btw I love that avatar of your mum and dad's wedding PF - a lovely touch mate :) ....

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hee Hee - two posts together again CB - you must be psychic...... LOL! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hee Hee - two posts together again CB - you must be psychic...... LOL! :D

Oh if only??? I would rush out and buy some lotto tickets :D

I agree with what you are saying JM.. I think there is some serious misunderstanding by the FOS or misleading by the co-op.

I think PF needs a hard hitting letter to the FOS, with a copy to the coop. Do they not realise his counterclaim is going to be a damn sight more than what they are threatening him with.. :mad:

Ok, citizenb slowly calms down and removes herself from the arena :D

BCOBS

Thank You both i will get on to this this evening after my dinner. I will post my letter tonight 4 your thoughts PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Ok, citizenb slowly calms down and removes herself from the arena :grin:

Aw don't go CB - we need your spirit here to fire us up to sock it to 'em :lol::lol:

No worries PF - you've done it before ...... up and at 'em , once more unto the breach , Dear Friend , once more ! LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit