Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank You Pinknico and alanalana again you have both been a great assistance I have drawn up a 3 page letter to them but after reading your fab posts there is more i can add;).

There threat letters do not affect me in any way except put a :) on my face as i know they are digging a bigger hole for themselves.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

P.S how about a PPI meet sometime in 2009 would be fantastic to meet all the brilliant people in the PPI forum.

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how the more letters i get from them the more i want to fight this evil issue.

Happy Christmas to one and all

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• Haha 1

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya All hope you all had a Good Xmas

UPDATE

I received another two letters on Xmas Eve one was a letter giving me 7 days to bring my Loan account up to date funny how in that letter it gives an arrears balance of nil but they will issue a default in 7 days.

The other letter is from the customer feedback team at the co-op who i was originally dealing with before they past my complaint to debt management anyway that letter was dated the 15th December 2008 and i only recieved it on the 23rd December 2008 and is very comical indeed as it relates to nothing im sure they sent it so it shows they are trying to be reasonable with me :confused:.

Let me know if you wana see it as its gotta be one of the weirdest letters ever.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hello pompeyfaith,

Hiya All hope you all had a Good Xmas

UPDATE

I received another two letters on Xmas Eve one was a letter giving me 7 days to bring my Loan account up to date funny how in that letter it gives an arrears balance of nil but they will issue a default in 7 days.

The other letter is from the customer feedback team at the co-op who i was originally dealing with before they past my complaint to debt management anyway that letter was dated the 15th December 2008 and i only recieved it on the 23rd December 2008 and is very comical indeed as it relates to nothing im sure they sent it so it shows they are trying to be reasonable with me :confused:.

Let me know if you wana see it as its gotta be one of the weirdest letters ever. Yes photobucket it up if you can I must admit I am curious.:cool:

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Had a good Christmas only one member of family not here due to Service overseas.

Hope you and yours had a peaceful time. Please follow my thread for latest news I have second offer so two out of three FOS complaints have results but I still have a fight on my hands.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Good Evening Alanalana,

Ok here is a copy of the last letters i recieved on Xmas Eve from the ethical bank.

Note on the default warning letter there are no arrears and on the letter from the customer feedback letter it is dated the 15th Dec which i did not get until the 23rd Dec? also there is no reference numbers which is unusual for them it just relates to nothing so i think it is stalling tactics.

DEFAULTNOTICE2CO-OP.jpg

CO-OPCUSTOMERFEEDBACKREPLY.jpg

Regards

Pompeyfaith:eek:

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

bumping 4 alanalana

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hello Leon,

My only suggestion here is to send copy of each of the letters to the other letter writer with a covering letter from yourself asking them to communicate on exactly what is going on.

I would also point out that the writer of the letter dated 20th has issued a written warning of imminent default when it is obvious in the information provided in that letter that there are no arrears so why have they given notice of default on the account especially when you are already in dispute over the account.

Suggest they talk to each other and then supply you with a more satisfactory response on the issue in hand.

I would also suggest you tell them you intend to send copies of both letters to the Financial Services Authority and the Office of Fair Trading with a complaint about the way you are being treated by their organisation.

Make them take note:eek: about your complaint and concerns.

Hope you can use this to move forward. I believe Complaints to the Regulatory Authorities is a good way to get results.;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thank You Alanalana that is what ill do i already have a letter prepared 4 the co-op but will as u say complain to the OFT and FSA.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Ok letters as Alanalana recommended in the post, but since then i have now received a telemessage though the post today.

Is this a new tactic first I've heard of this it was in a bright orange envelope and gives a Bournemouth return address on the envelope although at the bottom of the letter it gives the co-op head office address and a registered office of British telecommunications plc.

telemessage.jpg

Regards

Pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Question for Alanalana

What does the FOS case number look like im asking because i got a reply from the FOS but im not sure if the ref number they gave is the case number.

There ref is 7 numbers/2 letters/ccj3 does that look like a case number?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hello Leon,

I believe this is just another method of harrassment keep copies and sent to the FSA and OFT as with the earlier letters.

Do not phone make them do all correspondence by letter as you will then have an accurate record of what is happening if they phone you can use this sort of approach .............. used by loyal Brummie it's a good laugh and the way to deal with DCA's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/130663-robinson-way-yet-again.html

If you get calls make a full record of times, dates, names and what was said you may eventually have a case for harrassment against them.

aa

The telemessage says to contact Ron?

I would suggest this could be a result if you contact Late-Ron

Edited by alanalana

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hehe:D

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hello Leon,

Question for Alanalana

What does the FOS case number look like im asking because i got a reply from the FOS but im not sure if the ref number they gave is the case number.

There ref is 7 numbers/2 letters/ccj3 does that look like a case number?

The first 7 numbers is the case reference number the following are probably the initials of the person sending the letter:D

Regards

Pompeyfaith

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Well following on from the letters i have sent and in those letters i gave a date of today that harassment must stop im still getting calls and letters 3 calls today in 30 mins.

im seriously now thinking of taking them to court as its really getting me down now.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hello Leon,

try hitting them with this on the harrasment front.

Please have a look at this link harrassment is against the Law...

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40)

These are a couple of extracts

you will see the law is on your side in this:-)

If you get more calls just quote this regulation ask for their full name as you will start legal action against them personally under this Act.:shock:

England and Wales

1 Prohibition of harassment

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

© that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable. IMO none of this would apply to DCA's phone calls.

2 Offence of harassment

(1) A person who pursues a course of conduct in breach of section 1 is guilty of an offence.

(2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or both.

(3) In section 24(2) of the [1984 c. 60.] Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (arrestable offences), after paragraph (m) there is inserted—

“(n) an offence under section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (harassment).”.

3 Civil remedy

(1) An actual or apprehended breach of section 1 may be the subject of a claim in civil proceedings by the person who is or may be the victim of the course of conduct in question.

(2) On such a claim, damages may be awarded for (among other things) any anxiety caused by the harassment and any financial loss resulting from the harassment.

Do not fear these People they are in the wrong to harass

Hope this helps:wink:

aa

I would suggest you use this when you get letters or calls from them. whichever method they use it all amounts to the same harassment

Best to make sure they know they are breaking the law:eek:

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank You Alan i will copy and paste the above to word tomorrow and use it in another letter as im using wi-fi on my phone right now. Oh the wonders of technology !!!

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Not much I can add to aa's post except my continued support for you

Pompeyfaith.

Do not be intimidated by them and keep note of time and date of calls.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

thank you pinkniko

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hi pompeyfaith, you could try this as a starter :) send by 'Recorded \Delivery' or higher .......

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. This protects us both in the event of a court case.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

Edited by johnnymitch
afterthought
  • Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thank You Jonny as always excellent advice i will use parts of your post and alans to compile a letter tonight. Regards

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Happy to help pompeyfaith......... and thanks for the tip.....:)

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya All,

Just a quick question can interest be added to a disputed account as ive just checked my Loan account online which is in dispute along with other Loans ive had with the Co-op Bank and they have added nearly £350 onto account in interest.

Your Thoughts on this Please.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

This may help PF - it's from an 'Account in Dispute' letter which is fairly lengthy ( but i can post the whole letter if you like) :

"Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute .

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies:

*You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you

*You may not add further interest or any charges to the account

* You may not pass the account to a third party

*You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency*

*You may not issue a default notice related to the account

Edited by johnnymitch
tidying up font marks ......

Nemo me impune lacessit