ebay & paypal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I just wondered what, if any, were peoples thoughts on the legalities off ebays latest new rule.

I sell collectables on Ebay nothing dear ( between £0.99 & £5.00) just for a little pocket money. Just lately Ebay have brought in a new rule that all listings have to offer Paypal as a form of payment ( i could be wrong but i believe Ebay & Paypal are part of the same company ).

I put about 50 listings on Ebay a few days ago and i explained that i would have to raise my postage by 10p because i needed to cover the costs of Paypal ( Paypal take a % of the p&p costs) and warned bidders to take this into account when bidding.

Today i received a message from Ebay stating they had removed all my listings because it was against thier rules to pass off Ebay & Paypal charges to customers. They also did not refund me my Ebay charges for listing these items.

Just wondered if anybody had any thoughts about this

CHEERS

Oh I think it's a rip off... they are the same company, and the pairing is very expensive. On the other hand the coverage, and the number of potential customers, is huge - way more than was possible before eBay.

I think eBay claim that it is is a free service to buyers... so you're not allowed to pass the PayPal charge on... but almost everyone does, via increased postage costs - and I think that is fair both as a sometime seller and as a customer...

Your fault was to state it openly.

Next time... silence :-)

Edited by OrangeSquasher

Yes your right, i have relisted the items but without mentioning the paypal costs.

I just wondered about the legalities of it, after all with all this rise in fuel you always hear about company`s passing on the rise, airline`s, electricity, gas ect. You don,t get the oil company`s refusing to supply anyone if they mention the price of oil.

Not quite the same i know but you get my drift.

i would like yto aleart people of the common [problem] on ebay and paypal and even amazon, if you get an email from someone saying if u send it ill pay you, then recive a "paypal", "amazon" and "ebay" email please be alearted that it is a [problem] the [problem] artist uses a fake email address

do not send anything also they ask for a money gram tranfer do not send it nor the pakage!

Hi all

I just wondered what, if any, were peoples thoughts on the legalities off ebays latest new rule.

I sell collectables on Ebay nothing dear ( between £0.99 & £5.00) just for a little pocket money. Just lately Ebay have brought in a new rule that all listings have to offer Paypal as a form of payment ( i could be wrong but i believe Ebay & Paypal are part of the same company ).

I put about 50 listings on Ebay a few days ago and i explained that i would have to raise my postage by 10p because i needed to cover the costs of Paypal ( Paypal take a % of the p&p costs) and warned bidders to take this into account when bidding.

Today i received a message from Ebay stating they had removed all my listings because it was against thier rules to pass off Ebay & Paypal charges to customers. They also did not refund me my Ebay charges for listing these items.

Just wondered if anybody had any thoughts about this

CHEERS

I have been selling on Ebay for many years but recently (lets say in the last year) it has become nothing but a pain in the backside!

You get listings removed for say, spamming, when i list an item i used to put 'nearly new' as this was the case, not new nor old. Ebay removed my listing saying it was in breach of policy!!

Dont ever say in your listing that you accept cash on collection for Ebay will remove this too saying its a breach of policy. I did once and got a telling off as i was encouraging people to send cash through the post...apparently! It was quite clear my listing said 'Cash on COLLECTION'

Now i have noticed Paypal require that direct debits be set up if you want to use your bank account for funding your Paypal account....that is where the buck stopped. No way on this earth was i giving Paypal access to my bank account via DD.

The answer is simple - DON'T USE EBAY!

If they get enough people not using the listings, they'll review the policy. As on CAG, the strength is in the numbers & the determination to succeed.

It's not eBay policies that are turning me off using this marketplace but the vastly increased p&p costs that Royal Mail applied in April 2008 - for a buyer, it makes what looks like a good deal an expensive luxury; for a seller, it's uneconomic.

Shame, it used to be a good way to raise a little cash/grab a bargain :sad:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

The answer is simple - DON'T USE EBAY!

If they get enough people not using the listings, they'll review the policy. As on CAG, the strength is in the numbers & the determination to succeed.

It's not eBay policies that are turning me off using this marketplace but the vastly increased p&p costs that Royal Mail applied in April 2008 - for a buyer, it makes what looks like a good deal an expensive luxury; for a seller, it's uneconomic.

Shame, it used to be a good way to raise a little cash/grab a bargain :sad:

I agree.

its a shame there is little viable alternative... if someone with enough cash could start off a real competitor I think they would do well in these times of economic uncertainty.

and as for RM's charges... they have become rediculous.

I paid well over 7 pounds to send a small insured item to America a few weeks ago... so you are looking at about charging the buyer £8 if you include the price of the jiffy bag etc... its a killer.

and then you get the bad feedback because the shipping costs were too high.

I think its wrong that you as a seller are forced to accept paypal and not allowed to pass the cost on. I think they are more interested in the buyer and the very large sellers who get good discounts.

So... what do we do? I rarely use it now, and I have the feeling that many potential sellers will give up over time. That leaves just the buyers and the big sellers.

cosy.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!