Birmingham meet - Friday 29th August - Meet in O'Neill's (Broad Street) 8pm

sequenci
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where would you like to meet  

13 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to meet

• Nottingham
    • Outside Warwick Castle
    • Peterborough??????
    • St Albans
    • Mexico
    • Stoke
    • Birmingham

Why?
To eliminate if I have any Yorkist traits...;)

The tendency to wear a flat cap + have barbed wire around my pockets to deter pickpockets MUST be inherited from somewhere??...:confused:

...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wasting your time MTM - I'm not rising to the bait ;)

I might be tempted to point out that I've met more mean people in the time I've lived south of the border than I ever did at home:mad: but those sort of comments can cause upset and bad feeling don't you think?

Edited by Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You're just plain tight MTM. :D

Some people are wherever they come from. At least as midlanders we don't seem to get silly generalisations like southerners and northerners. Does this mean that you're actually thinking of spending some of your hard earned shekels on a night out in Brum?:eek:

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You're just plain tight MTM. :D

Some people are wherever they come from. At least as midlanders we don't seem to get silly generalisations like southerners and northerners. Does this mean that you're actually thinking of spending some of your hard earned shekels on a night out in Brum?:eek:

Do U think it MAY be a Jewish thingy then caro??...:o:o:o

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

As I said, I wouldn't want to generalise. It's just a common term and like Ell-enn I won't rise to the bait.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Do U think it MAY be a Jewish thingy then caro??...:o:o:o

As I said, some people are just tight. I would not want to cast aspersions on ANY nationality or culture, although of course Brummies are well known for their generosity

What's Best for You?

...I wouldn't want to generalise...

If a Poster DOESN'T 'generalise'...could that be construed as a deliberate attack of Personal Abuse on ones character then?

...Isn't that contrary to Site Rules caro??...:o:o:o

...It's just a common term...

Some 'common terms' can be seen to be historically derogatory by those peeps which they refer to caro...;)

...like Ell-enn I won't rise to the bait.
Methinks the pair of U being covered in breadcrumbs + lying in a box on the bottom shelf of the freezer, MAY be thought of by some peeps as being a tad too late caro...:p

(Jules Winnfield)

Yeah yeah. Whatever. *yawn :rolleyes:

What's Best for You?

So... back to my question - can people make it on a Friday so we can secure cheap accommodation, or would it have to be a Saturday?

And does anybody have a preference on dates? How about Friday 29th August?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm OK with that.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just us then?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Who's us?:)

Just us then?
Am always up for a social event Stig, but as per usual, it is 'whatever-shift-I'm-on-dependant'.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to commit until at least +14days from any date decided.

...:(

(Jules Winnfield)

Who's us?:)

Me you and wotsisface

Maybe we should make an official announcment within the garden of bears?

I'll change the thread title to make it clearer, post something elsewhere if you like!

Right, better start looking for somewhere to stay - anyone else stopping over or got any hotel info? If so could we all stay in same place?

Right, better start looking for somewhere to stay - anyone else stopping over or got any hotel info? If so could we all stay in same place?

Travelodge £19 per room and you can squeeze 3 people in there - bargain.