Anyone else think this is disgusting?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sorry JonCris, I didnt mean to imply that a mobility scooter was either a motor car or motorcycle. Neither would I want to see the disabled immobilised and house bound (especially as I am disabled and lack mobility myself). The scooters are a godsend to so many people.

I used the motorcar/motorcycle as an example. Car drivers only have provisional licence to ride a motorcycle. Someone who might never have driven anything at all before has the right to use a scooter without in some instances any instruction at all.

Just one of the comments on the Jeremy Vine show was regarding an elderly woman who hadnt quite got the hang of the accelerator and brake and was constantly accelerating when she should be braking. Now that to me is downright dangerous and perhaps at the very least the lady in question should have been given some instruction dont you think ?.

Another, was where a pedestrian was pinned up against a plate glass window where again the driver became confused and accelerated instead of braking.

I have personally seen a scooter overturn due to the rider having little or no control.

I repeat, I do not want to see the less mobile to be incarcerated in their homes.. I want them and every other road/pavement user to be safe.

If you look back over my previous posts you will see I have been a major supporter of Mrs Ryan's campaign.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban all vehicles everywhere then everyone will be safe............ apparently

Of course there are incidents it's just a fact of life but to single out the disabled who already have enough problems because of very few incidents compared to the number of scooters in use is nonsense

I bet compared to all other modes of transport, road or pavement, that per numbers of population disability scooters are the safest form of transport around

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone....

I've got a bit of an update on this. In the meantime since my last post, a COMPLETE BAN has now come into force. There is now no means of accessible transport for scooter users.

My mum's case is now with lawyers at the Human Rights Commission, with the ultimate possibility that Nexus could be sued. Obviously Im not allowed to say too much, but we've all got our fingers crossed. My mum isnt well at all the minute due to a nasty chest infection (she suffers with bronchiectasis as well as her other disabilities) so were all hoping it goes well.

I went home the other week for the first time in 6 months and took her out in her manual wheelchair, which really upset her as she felt utterly degraded at having someone else having to push her around as she is used to being so independent - this made us all the more determined to push for a solution.

Still - one good thing was being able to walk past the same staff who were so nasty to her not long ago and stick two fingers up at them (in a manner of speaking, not literally of course!!!) as I had her in an 'allowable' manual wheelchair.. petty I know but it gave us some satisfaction!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Good glad to hear the lawyers are on board, quite right too

There are far to many nasty little people in minor positions of power these days who's goal in life is to pick on the weak & vulnerable in the full expectation they can't fight back