Bright house of horrors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I might have said this in a previous post but here is the whole saga regarding a Acer 19" Widescreen Monitor i bought from Brighthouse in October 2008.

They did not have the monitor i wanted in store so they had to order it from another store. I had made 2 payments before it was delivered to the local store. I collected the monitor myself and it worked fine for 2 weeks then when i came in 1 afternoon after collecting my daughter from school the monitor displayed a grey screen. I disconnected it, plugged my old monitor back in and called Brighthouse who said an engineer would call round the following week.

They never sent an engineer round but 2 blokes in a van to collect the monitor and take it to the Service Centre for repair. 5 weeks later (I made all the payments in the meantime!!) they returned the monitor to me. After 1 week i got the grey screen up again. I tightened the VGA cable at the back and got the monitor working again for another week then i got the grey screen again. So I called Brighthouse who told me that because i had cancelled the Optional Service Cover (OSC) earlier that day i would have to contact Acer (the manufacturer). I duly did this and informed them that the monitor was subject to a Hire-Purchase Agreement with Brighthouse. The monitor was collected very fast and they returned it to me within the week.

Within 1 hour of connecting the monitor back up while i was writing a letter the monitor went black, then 4 wide black and white stripes appeared on the screen, it went black again then i got a white screen. I disconnected the monitor again and left it off overnight. I reconnected it the next morning and it was working fine until the afternoon when i got a grey screen again.

I packed the monitor up again and sent it back to Acer. I got a letter on Wednesday dated Tuesday 10th of February telling me that they are unable to replace my monitor and they will give me a refund. I phoned to tell them that this is no good to me with the monitor being subject to the Hire-Purchase agreement. They were supposed to call me back on Wednesday afternoon but i ended up calling them and they promised to call me on Thursday but they never did so i phoned them friday morning. They reluctantly told me that they had destroyed my monitor as they considered it uneconomical to repair. They only told me this after i asked several times if they could send the monitor back to me so i could send it back to Brighthouse as faulty goods and get the Hire-Purchase agreement cancelled.

I contacted Brighthouse and told them what had happened (after posting a thread and asking for advice). I wrote to the manager and Brighthouses head office explaining the problem. I got a call off the manager at Brighthouse who said he had given Acer a right rollicking over what had happened. He said that Acer had offered me a replacement (they had offered me a replacement but it was not the high spec model i was paying for). The manager thought that Acer had offered me the same model i had originally bought. I said i would happily accept the replacement if he would rewrite the agreement to reflect that the replacement is a lower quality model. He then found another monitor which is the same model. It arrived within days after a member of my local store staff picked it up from another store for me.

I have had the new monitor since February and i have had no problems since although i will not buy anything else from them. Next time i will stick to eBay and Play.com. Much cheaper and better quality goods.

Edited by Blondmusic
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ave had a few horrible experiances wiv this company

I have been wiv them 4 4 years but 2 years ago my boyfriend hurt his hand at work and was off work 4 2 month i rang brighthouse up askin if we was insured 4 this kind of thing n was told flatly no so as my boyfriend was only on sick pay we couldnt afford the payments in the 1st week i think they rang bout 6 times the second they came round but no1 was in the third same again the 4th sam but on the 5th week i was in wen they came round and they actually tired the door 2 c if it was unlocked be4 they nocked anyway i pretended not 2 be me n that i was at my mums so he went bck 2 the van rang my mum 4 a description of me by this time i needed 2 go 2 the shop 4 something n had 2 take my 2 yr old son wiv me n the brighthouse guy followed me all the way 2 the shop n stopped me in the middle of the street sayin basicy if i hadnt paid wat i owe by the end of the day then they was gonna take the guds bck but by then id already been 2 the citizens advice 2 ask if they could take the stuff bck n took the agreement wiv me n they said no coz id paid more than a 3rd of my agreement off n if they try wiv out a court order then i can get anythin ive paid bck wen i said this 2 the brighthouse guy he said no u havent n said again if i aint paid by the end of the day then were comin 4 the stuff n i just said plainly well i wont let u in n he said remember this was in front of my 2 yr old son n in the middle of the sreet that he would just kick my door in then any way i got all that sorted.

But now i ave a new problem wiv them n would love 2 know if any1 can help me

I ave a laptop from them which kept turnin it self of after about 10 min so i sent it in 4 repair as i ave service cover n finally after 6 weeks i got it bck only 2 find its still doin the same thing n all they had done was put a new copy of windows on it so i rang the store n was told i had 2 options send it in 4 repair again or wait 2-3 weeks 4 a replacement i said i want a replacement n after 2 months n every week i go in 2 pay of askin i still havent got 1 the lst time i asked i got told nxt time i go in 2 pay take my laptop 4 them n IF they ave a repalcement ill get 1 if not im left wiv no laptop till they find 1 which could be god knows wen does anybody know if i can get a refund of all the mony ive paid on it

Could you possibly re-type this again, in proper english, spelling and grammer?

I can`t be doing with all this text-talk nonsense :confused:

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

HI looks like you don't have much look with this company, havin read ur concerns, at a guess your paying for goods that are not working, and have given brighthouse plenty of time to rectifie the matter, your paying for goods that are not fit for purpose, to be honest with you, i myself would stop paying for the laptop, and request a full refund of monies paid to date, in writing to there head office, don't talk to the shop assistant again, as you have tryed on many occassions to no avail. Continue paying for any other goods you might have with them, just stop paying the lappie payments untill resolved to your satisfaction.

Keep copies all corrospondance you write to them and their to you. But don't pay them any penny. :)

Text talk is the new age coming forward and gets a mention in the english dictionary.

Sorry LEFTY didnt notice till too late, opps

Edited by shywazz

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

i rang up customer services 2day n they told me 2 ring the store bck n speak 2 the manager n explain that ive spoke 2 them n they said its an unacceptable time 2 ave been waitin 4 a replacement so i rang the store n spoke 2 the manger that basicly said they cant find me a replacement laptop so there gonna send it bck 2 acer 2 be fixed which means im still payin 4 a laptop that i havent got while its gettin repaired im gettin really peeved off wiv this u pay threw the nose 4 service cover n they cant even fix it wats the point

I used BH because I couldn't get credit anywhere else as I had a low score credit rating so i was advised by a friend to buy something on HP to build my credit score up (I was originally trying to get finance for a caravan but couldn't cos i had a clean slate how laughable) so i got a package deal of white goods. My self and my husband had good paid jobs and Brighthouse couldn't do enough for us offering us everything we bought our sons a PS3, new mobiles etc and then treated ourselves to a really large posh TV by this time some things were paid off and we were always talked into buying more products at the moment our bill is nearly £40 a week which we have always paid on time. In January this year my husband was laid off from work so our finances were cut down by more than half at first we maintained our account for a while and now and then had to miss the odd week thats when the tables turned and they turned into the company from hell treating us like criminals. I stood up to them (I am not soft) so i thought they were helping me by giving me a new contract without telling us we would be back to square one and no mention of the hundreds of pounds they have had off us (I wish i would have found this forum first) and now i am 3 weeks behind as i get paid monthly and they are like vultures trying to take back our TV that i have paid 2 thirds off, i can't find my original contract I have asked for a copy and keep getting fobbed off cos i have now signed a new agreement they knock on my door, phone my mobile i have not given them my land line thank god, lucky for me my youngest child is a 14 year old boy who is 6 ft tall (youngest of 5 boys) and we don't get intimidated easily (like some people with young children). We feel like all our rights have been taken away from us we are good honest people and I feel BH are trying to destry our good name all i asked them for was a little bit of time to sort ourselves out,my husband calls them legal gangsters we don't know which way to turn any advise will be wecome.

Hiya just 2 confirm it states in the agreements that if u ave paid more than a tired of the aggreement bck they cant take the guds bck wiv out a court order n if they do wiv out ur consent u can get all the money that u ave paid on the items bck I had the same problem my boyfriend hurt his hand at work n went on sick pay n we couldnt afford the repayments so i went 2 the citizens advive n they said that 2 me so dont worry they said just offer 2 pay as much as u can afford

• 2 weeks later...

ok last sept i bought something from brighthouse .... i always pay with my card over the phone. i usually pay every 2 or 3 weeks. i have been harrassed by phone , calling my guarantors & telling them why they were calling, harrassed on my doorstep...the first time the manager called at my house & demanded i pay the 3 weeks immediately or they would seize my goods..i explained i would phone & pay at 330pm the next day...i was warned if i didnt he would be back.a couple of months later, my next door neighbour knocked on my door & said that a collector from brighthouse had knocked on her door asking her to pass on a message that i have to phone brighthouse as i was behind on my payment.the next day the collector called at my door wearing a brighthouse shirt & at the top of his voice started to tell the whole street how i was 3 weeks behind & he wanted the item ...i said he couldnt have it & i will phone & pay the next day , again i was told ...if it wasnt paid he would be back. i changed my phone numbers so they couldnt keep calling me. just today at 610pm, the collector & manager were at my door ...they wanted immediate payment or they were going to take my item, as the manager was reading my card details over the phone to his colleague at the store...the collector was chatting with my neighbour....i couldnt believe it. he took the payment & left ...i feel so bloody angry ...i will never ever use brighthouse again.:mad:

EDIT

And you have proof of this?

Do you mean the Administration Of Justice Act?

Edited by pt2537
comment removed

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• 2 months later...

i would just like to add here my little story to see if anybody out there can help?:rolleyes:

Firstly i signed up for a xbox360 for my son for Christmas and was expecting the xbox pro bundle which is £5 per week , After finally getting away from the store without the service cover which they where insisting i got and i told them that as the xbox was only for 52 weeks and that it would be under warranty anyway so why would i want to pay them an extra £2 per week, Anyway i get the xbox home to find it is only a xbox360 'arcade' addition which only has half the memory etc as the one they have advertised in their brochure?? But i am still paying them £5 pw. I only got this yesterday and will be going back in tomorrow but could do with a little advice before i kick up a fuss in store for the xbox i thought i would get. My issue is that this particular model is only £135 in stores as is very basic indeed and only has 256mb memory where as the one we where expecting has 60gb and had internet cables etc the other is basic end of! :) please help surely this is false adverisment xx

The Pro Model also has a Hard Drive fitted, where the Arcade does not.

What does your agreement state?

Word of warning though, if they change it they may also cancel your agreement and star another. Check your new agreement and make sure your happy with it.

Or, wait until they cancel the current agreement then walk out. Your better off borrowing £165 off a friend, if possible.

****ehouse are nothing but parrassites, preying off the vulnerable! They are trained to lie and ripp you off!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have been a customer of bright house for mega years and payed thousands into them i have argued until i am blue in the face they dont listen my goods are just about paid for i went to pay amount left on my account and they refused because it was arears now they have threatened court order for the goods i have told them i would destroy them for the way they rip poor poeple off ive had my account re-written a few times but did not know you loose your rights to your origional agreement until i found this website optional service cover etc in all the years i have been told you must have and damage liability cover my 4 goods i have i have only used on my fire which was a fault on the fire so i have payed at least 3000 pounds to this insurance over 2 years i am going to get advice and possibily take them to court under unfair credit agreement amongst alot of other flaws in their agreement which have been brought to my eyes on this website and exploite them for what they have put people through preying on poor on benefits and find it hard to get credit theyre day has just come i knew i get them in the end with all the info on this website i thank everybody for sharing their horror stories about brighthouse what i cannot understand is why they have been getting away with this thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hiya, im new:)

my mam got a agreement out from brighthouse in may 08, for a 37" tv and stand (may i add now she does not totally understand it, and panic easily)

lets start at the beginning... when she ordered she had to pay 1 weeks payment£15.00+ £10 delivery + a bit extra, it was then delivered a week later, i set it up and told the BH monkeys to go.....

when she singed the agreement i didnt get a full look at it, they added OSC by telling her she has to have it! anyway she then paid weekly.....

her money was then dropped and changed to fortightlyin 2009(her money fluctuated for a few months) and she has paid the £2.70 and £3 charges because they did not say she could pay every 2 weeks

fast forward to 3 weeks ago, she asked to be put on forthnightly, she was told to come in ext week and sign some new paperwork, next week came and the person 'forgot' so she said next week... at this point the following happened:(still on weekly)

we got a annual statement from them,showing how much the tv should be (£7.xx not £12.xx) so i worked out it was OSC hiking the price up and

i called the store manager(22/10) to ask for it to be taken off after i stressed it was optional, then he said come tommorow. on 23/10 we went in tosee carl was off today(clever)and to be told that as she owed 2 weeks it would not work, come next week,

thus on 29/10 we went to be greeted by a trainee(on her own!) she got a idiot called andrew, who said as our income was about £100 and we needed the OSC on, and it would be 700 for cover from philips for the tv(£640 from brighthouse) and he woud love to take it off but he cannot, he didnt say how much the threshhold for the cover to be removed was(at this point i nearly ******g killed the *****r) in a masive temper we got home and i gave the broadband a right battering.

i found that it was indeed fully optional and 7 daily done, i called cust services twice to check and e-mailed. they said to do it in writing. so i got the template from the wiki and added a few bits, and gave it to carl yesterday and paid up to date, due to all this my mam was very nervous. i told him we will be in on saturday to pay(minus OSC). i also set a copy to head office. and i will keep you updated.

i also found cover for the tv, a frigefreezer and a washing machine half the price of BH's for just the tv.

STORY 2: in 08 we got a 38 week PS3 CHEAP yes cheap at first+OSC+DLC. anyway we got it in the knowledge of it being a ex-display:) and so we collected it the next week(being delivered from different store) and it was ok, exept for the scuffs on the shiny black plastic.........a while later, just after paying it off (same week) the controller started to turn itself off, so we called BH to be told they dont cover it now.:(

so we called sony who wanted a document saying it was under a year old and from brighthouse. BH said it was a OLD 2007 REPOSSESED ONE so that ****** the sony warranty, so i had to buy a new controller.

and we are now at today. when her money was dropped,stopped and made forthnghtly she told BH but they did nothing and she was charged every week, i was wondering after the OSC is sorted can she claim those charges back? and also without asking they used the yellow money for the stand payment when she was in arrears,

ive come on here before while browsing but now im here to spread the word

Lets take brighthouse down...TOGETHER!

i have sent this letter:

name/address

1. Item Description: OPTTV900 37in TV Stand

Agreement Number: xxx Date of Agreement: x/2008

2. Item Description:PH37PFL55 37in LCD W/SCREEN FLAT TV

Agreement Number: xxx Date of Agreement: x/2008

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to give the required 7 days notice, as detailed in my agreement(s) that I wish to cancel all "optional" service cover on the above product(s).

To simplify matters, I have today 30/10/2009 presented a copy of this letter to the store manager of Brighthouse Washington, which has been duly acknowledged, so 7 days notice shall commence at the date of this letter.

As stated in my agreement:

“Your Obligations: Optional Service Cover Section C (b) The service cover premium is renewable each time your regular instalment is due under the agreement. If the premium is not paid Service Cover will lapse.

Section H (3) This policy shall continue in force until you give seven days notice…”

I shall, therefore, be making my next payment on Saturday 7th November 2009 at Brighthouse Washington. This payment will not include "optional" service cover.

I understand that I may be required to sign a revised agreement. I will only do this on the firm understanding that all payments made previously on this agreement are reflected in any revised agreement. I do not waive any of my rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding, in particular, “early settlement” and “repossession” as set out in section J of the original agreement.

I also understand that the Compulsory Damage Liability Cover will still be in place.

I also understand that if my TV were to break electrically or mechanically i will have to get it repaired myself, also may i add that i shall be in the near future purchasing my own warranty for my TV.

To summarise, i wish for the Optional Service Cover to be removed as outlined above.

Kind Regards

xx

May i also add that i was wrongly informed by Andrew of Brighthouse Washington that the OSC could not be removed because of my income.

I have since learned that it can be removed at any given time, confirmed by the Brighthouse Customer Care Team. on 29/10/2009 and by Brighthouse Cstomer Relations on 30/09/2009

Quote:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Optional Service Cover is 'Optional' and can be removed at any time regardless of your income, you must submit in writing to the store a request stating that you give them 7 days notice to remove service cover as stated in the terms and conditions.

If you are still told that service cover cannot be removed please phone head office on 0800 526069

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

im new on here and am just adding my large horror story regarding brighthouse. not sure if i have done this correctly.

anyway, thanks to reading these hundreds of horror stories regarding the wonderful Brighthouse, i have decided to get my problem sorted once and for all.

right, here goes:

1/the first thing to go wrong was we ordered a refurbished 32in tv from them and was told it would be sent to the service centre to make sure it was up to standard. about 3 weeks later it arrived and i thought great, we have a nice tv to watch. but no,when i went to set it up i found there was no aeriel socket on the back of the set,just a hole and several screws missing ( not bad considering it had just been serviced,lol). the tv was picked up within a week and was told it would be up to 14 days to get it back.6 WEEKS later it came back after

2/the next was the washing machine we ordered,it turned up and within 3 weeks broke down. we got sent another one which lasted about a month before it too broke down. we then got another one and low and behold after several weeks it broke down. we then got sent a fourth one which lasted about four months and that put the now final nail in the coffin. i refused to pay any more money on a product that was barely in use. on the good side they eventually cancelled the contract, but we lost everything we had payed.

3/the next thing we ordered was an isabella 2 piece sofa set, which was fine for about 5 months until the back collapsed on the 3 seater. after several weeks an upholster turned up, took one look at it and said our £1400 pound sofa was made of cheap mdf and material and was fit for the scrapheap. brighthouse then sent us another sofa set out (cant remember the brand name). that lasted about 3 months after which the seams on nearly all the cushions started to split. again the upholsterer came out and sewed it up. this happened 3 times before bright house said come in and choose a new on. we did and not realising, they renewed our contract, which lost us our rights. the new one is still with us now(had it about 8 months to date) and guess what, the cushions have already started to collapse.

4/we ordered a refurb cooker which went through the process of going to the repair centre to be "SERVICED" before being delivered. again that broke down after a few weeks and brighthouse sent us another one which we had problems with from day 1. we eventually got an independant engineer out to look at it who deemed it unfit for use and stuck a big old sticker on it before disconnecting it. again we refused to pay and after several weeks got it cancelled but didnt get offered any form of compensation, even though there was a high risk someone could have been seriously hurt.

5/we purchased a tv stand which the cotract stated was new, when it turned up it came in bubble wrap and had a screw missing and the delivery men didnt have a clue how to put it together. anyway spoke to a regional manager today who said it was a shop floor new product and the contract was right(i disagree)

6/we ordered a brand new 50in rear projection tv which, after a few months decided it didnt want to work, so got collected by repair centre who went on to say we had burnt it out(how the f*** can you burn a brand new tv out in a few months after minimal usage) we had to then order a new lcd tv to replace it and again they made us sign a new contract which lost us money on what we had already payed. up to now the new one is fine(fingers and legs crossed)

7/we then bought one of there infamous Infinity desktop pc's which they claimed was a top of the range model. you guessed it,it broke down after several months.the repair centre picked it up and after losing it for nearly three months,they sent it back and i discovered they hadnt even looked at it as all the problems were still there. we eventuallt took it to pc world who said it was made up of cheaps parts and should never have been sold like it in the first place. by this time we had finished paying for the product and had to throw it in the bin. we lost over £1500 through this and feel they us something back.

8/next is a brand new psp which lasted about nine months before it decided to go wrong,we took it back and got given a second hand one(no cotract changed(is that legal), which looked a few years old. just as we we finished paying for it and within 2 weeks it died on us. so again we lost out.

9/in december 08,we bought 2 acer 12in notebooks for our sons for xmas,by ithink,february, they both decided to pack up within weeks of eachother. the store changed them and all was fine until about 2 months ago when again, they both packed up and got sent to the repair centre. after a combined time of twelve weeks they came back looking like they had been dipped in grease and we thought problem solved,but oh no,within 2 weeks they have broken down again. the store have offered new ones,which we have refused as a member of staff said we would be bringing them back in with problems. this is ongoing at moment.

10/got a 16 in acer laptop,brand new. again,it broke down after several months and got exchanged straight away. the new one has now started playing up.

11/ 3 x xboxes all of which have had the ring of death within about 8 months.

right,thats my little horror story.

some of you may be thinking why,oh why do we keep going back,but to answer that we have 2 disabled boys and have to rely on benefits so getiing credit or even gifts for our children was almost impossible.

we have now refused to make any more payments on the advice of a well known consumer advice service,until we get some sort of compensation for all the trouble and stress they have caused us over the years. as well as money for all the dodgy gear they have sold us.

tomorrow(11 nov) we have a meeting with the regional manager to try and get this sorted, but we wont hold our breath as he has already indicated they are not prepared to compensate us in any way.

will let you know the outcome

update on my saga: i was told that '****' on befefits must earn £250 per week to get service cover removed, otherwise it must be passed by the regional manager.

ANDREW of brighthouse did not tell me about the regional manager but JULIE:) did. i still feel that the £250 pound thing is a total rip-off, because the less money you get the less you want to spend , not the other way round

update on my saga: i was told that '****' on befefits must earn £250 per week to get service cover removed, otherwise it must be passed by the regional manager.

Sevice cover, as in OPTIONAL service cover?? All you have to do is hand in a letter to your local branch and post one off (recorded) to head office stating you wish the OSC be removed and they should remove it after 7 days notice!!

Im not sure how to link up a copy of the letter, have a look around the BH forum, there are many copies..

ANDREW of brighthouse did not tell me about the regional manager but JULIE:) did. i still feel that the £250 pound thing is a total rip-off, because the less money you get the less you want to spend , not the other way round

To get service cover removed look for Lefty's Brighthouse Fact Sheet in this thread and the letters to get Service Cover cancelled are in there. Send one copy of the Service Cover cancellation letter to Brighthouse Head Office and hand the other 1 in at the store. They will call you to try and talk you out of it but stand your ground.

I got my Service Cover cancelled in January and it has saved me £5 per week. I only get £131 a week to live on and it is no where near the £250 they say you need to earn to get it removed. They are lying.

Go for it!!

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

yep, i sent the letter and on friday the agreement was signed(didnt i saythat?)

anyway my mam get £88 per week now and she has got £4.70 off which is good, for cover that is pushed on you. they tell you lies.

does this make sense?: you get less money so pay more , no brighthouse really doneed to ook at their policys

We got a TV from Brighthouse and had no end of problems with them! Thank god i don't have to deal with them again - i was a nervous wreck!!!

We always paid on time and then a change of circustances meant that sometimes we missed the odd payment i.e. couldn't pay on the Saturday but could pay on the Monday. I was repeatedly called non-stop until i answered the phone. When i did speak to them i was informed that on the Monday i had to pay double (plus late fee) - they said there was no way i could make part payment.

Eventually it got to the point that they visited us at home (coming in a white van), normally a ,eat-head man and a woman both wearing jackets emblazened with "Bright House" - just to add embarrassment. One tie they arrived and my husband was in my next door neighbours garden. This meat head was braying on my door whilst i was upstairs - i came down and he was really agressive with me saying he was coming to take the goods etc.

He met his match with me and when i said "my husband is there" (and pointed to him) he soon changed his bullying tactics. I told him to come with a court order.......he went away tail between his legs!

We owed around £150 (late payments and charges) and was about to pay it when it suddenly clicked - if i sent the items back i would be shut of BrightHouse for good and for just over that could buy a tv.

Caversham finance came to door and collected the TV, he asked my husband to sign this form and said "it is just to say i've collected it". When i came home from work and was looking at the paperwork the form my husband signed was actually authority to take the item back - if he hadn't of signed it we would have been entitled to half of the payments back that we'd made (and we'd had tv 18 months) as they didn't have a court order!

To be honest i am just glad to see the back of them! Their customer service is appaulling - they have no interest in knowing the reasons you cannot pay and just prey on the vunerable in our society!

just this minute ive had a phone call yet again from the great house of horrors,full of attitude,saying there collectors are bailiffs,lmao...i told them so wheres the county court documents then,she stuttered,he,s working for us at the moment..she also tried the "bully boy" routine saying right we will pick up the goods untill you can afford to pay for the account,i replied well you,ll have a long wait as you do need a court order to do so..she said no we dont,well lets see shall we,may the games commence.im well into a 3rd of my agreement and have offered to make lower payments untill im in full time work but thats not good enough..its my fault iv been made redundant,ha..and also ive had some stupid brute nearly knocking my door off the hinges "the bailiff" and he,s due again anytime,ive sent the letters reordered delivery asking them not to make contact with me,unless i make the appointment,and i dont wish to,ive also just asked her for nobody from brighthouse to ring my number again,which i got the reply there only doing there jobs,to what i said NOT VERY WELL.......high street gangsters eh? can these people take the goods as i have been paying for well over half the agreement..ps she tried twisting my words,saying right so you dont want to pay,to which i replied no i cant afford to pay !!!

just this minute ive had a phone call yet again from the great house of horrors,full of attitude,saying there collectors are bailiffs,lmao...i told them so wheres the county court documents then,she stuttered,he,s working for us at the moment..she also tried the "bully boy" routine saying right we will pick up the goods untill you can afford to pay for the account,i replied well you,ll have a long wait as you do need a court order to do so..she said no we dont,well lets see shall we,may the games commence.im well into a 3rd of my agreement and have offered to make lower payments untill im in full time work but thats not good enough..its my fault iv been made redundant,ha..and also ive had some stupid brute nearly knocking my door off the hinges "the bailiff" and he,s due again anytime,ive sent the letters reordered delivery asking them not to make contact with me,unless i make the appointment,and i dont wish to,ive also just asked her for nobody from brighthouse to ring my number again,which i got the reply there only doing there jobs,to what i said NOT VERY WELL.......high street gangsters eh? can these people take the goods as i have been paying for well over half the agreement..ps she tried twisting my words,saying right so you dont want to pay,to which i replied no i cant afford to pay !!!

Tell them, EVERYTHING IN WRITING! Do not speak to these gimps.

If anyone comes around, DO NOT let them in, they are nobodies. Like you say, they need to get a Court Order, unless you invite them in and give them the goods, which of course, you won`t.

If anymore of their empty headed knob jockeys bang on your door, you could always open the door and bang on his face, and then close the door and lock it!

If you have paid over a third or more of the agreement, the goods are yours, it says so it their own ripp-off agreement. Other then that, they will need to sue you in Court, which would probably be a waste of time for them.

If anyone rings me, I always abuse the worst I can, and they soon get the picture and stop calling. It`s my phone, my line and I pay for it, and I`ll speak to these bell ends how I seem fit! :mad:

These **** of the earth parrassites should be bombed with Lloyds TSB!

Tell them, EVERYTHING IN WRITING! Do not speak to these gimps.

If anyone comes around, DO NOT let them in, they are nobodies. Like you say, they need to get a Court Order, unless you invite them in and give them the goods, which of course, you won`t.

If anymore of their empty headed knob jockeys bang on your door, you could always open the door and bang on his face, and then close the door and lock it!

If you have paid over a third or more of the agreement, the goods are yours, it says so it their own ripp-off agreement. Other then that, they will need to sue you in Court, which would probably be a waste of time for them.

If anyone rings me, I always abuse the worst I can, and they soon get the picture and stop calling. It`s my phone, my line and I pay for it, and I`ll speak to these bell ends how I seem fit! :mad:

These **** of the earth parrassites should be bombed with Lloyds TSB!

very well put and did make me laugh cheers pal :)

very well put and did make me laugh cheers pal :)

Hah hah, glad to be of some assistance.

Just remember, they are just people, not very nice people, but they can be beaten all the same :p

They are told to lie!

Hi all!

I am currently having an unpleasant, but rather funny (I must add) experience with bright house!!

I purchased a corner couch from them back in December 2007. When I went into my local store and signed the contract, they told me that I was not able to get it unless I took out the optional service cover, which I now know I dont HAVE to have.

When the couch was delivered to my house, it was so big that the delivery men couldnt fit it through the living room door. They asked me if it would be ok to cut the bannister of my stairs in order to manouvere it! I said 'absolutley not'!! So they had to rip open the bottom of the couch, unscrew the bolts inside so that it was in two seperate pieces, then get it into my living room, then put it all back together. They were NOT amused to say the least. So I was left with the underneath/bottom of the couch hanging off - I still am to this day, despite me calling them and asking them to sort it.

Anyway, lately, I have got into a bit of financial difficulty. I am a single mum of three and my benefit has changed to fortnightly from weekly.

I have missed about 5/6 payments and they are harrassing me big time. They are calling me at 7:45 am up until 6-7pm! Its getting ridiculous.

Theyve also started knocking, and posting cards. I hav'nt been to the door when they have knocked for fear that they might barge in, which I now also know they CANNOT do!

The other day, I was having a reeeeally bad day, when they phoned me. I answered. The 'girl' on the other end was the rudest person I have ever had the displeasure to speak to!!!

We were on the phone for about 15 minutes all in all, and I sooo wish I had recorded the conversation for the sheer comedy value of it!

She asked me why I had'nt been into the store to pay. I told her I had no money to pay them, and no way or means of getting to the store.

She asked me to walk to the store (3-4 miles away).

I told her I couldnt walk to the store, because my 17 month old son was ill with a cold and I didnt want to take him out in the freezing, raining and gale force weather!!!!

She then started to TRY to persuade me to ask family members to lend me the money or to get someone (anyone lol!!) to pay for me with THEIR debit/credit card.

I told her that this was out of the question.

So then she put me on hold. She went off for 5 minutes, came back and asked me if I could pay £15 there and then with a card.

I told her no, I dont have any money to pay you (again).

Then, unbelievably she started asking was I absolutley sure I couldnt!

Then she said that someone would be round shortly to collect my goods. So I told her I would'nt be in.

And THENNNNN she said 'so you are taking your sick child out in this weather'. I couldnt believe it, and told her that me taking my 'sick child' out to the DOCTORS was completley irrelevant!

After going on like this for another few minutes, she put me on hold again. Then came back on with a more bullying approach. She told me that seeing as I was 'refusing to co-operate' with them, 'my case' would now be handed over to the bailiffs, who would be calling round on Monday (today).

I said to her 'ok, you send them round then, oh and do they have a court order?'.

She then gave me some crap about the fact that they dont need a court order because of my optional service cover!! She put me on hold a total of FOUR times throughout that conversation, all because I kept telling her my legal rights, and she couldnt answer me!

I am now absolutley refusing to pay, even though i'll be financially sorted next week,theyre not getting anything out of me, just because of the sheer cheekiness of them!

What are you gonna do bright house? Send me to jail? :D

Thanks all !!

P.s. I am sat writing this on my laptop which is costing me about £150000000000 from Perfect Homes, and whom I am also refusing to pay - but thats another story!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks