Bright house of horrors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

my partner and i have had 9 agreements with brighthouse,

between 2004 and 2009,

over the 9 items,

we have paid £2033 OPTIONAL service cover,

and over £900 dlc.

we only missed 1 payment when my partner was in hospital having our daughter(and they were not sympathetic)

1 clown threatened my partner they would come to the house and lift items from the house,

so i went into the store to have a word in his shell,but,he apparently wasnt working that day.

i have called the customer care (what a joke) number,and all i got was a mouthy little bitch,telling me that i signed for it so basically tough luck,

i trtied to explain, that when we signed for the goods we were told that we must take the OPTIONAL service cover,or we would not be able to proceed.

but she said this wouldnt happen,they would not force anyone to take the cover as it is OPTIONAL.

but i was sitting in the store when they told both of us that we NEEDED to take the cover.i am far from stupid,or deaf.

The damge cover was not even mentioned in the store,and we didnt even know about it until this week when we got copies of our agreements.

so over the 5years,we have paid nearly £3000 for absolutely nothing.

they are nothing better than a shower of crooks.and we will certainly not be back near.

anyone who has any info at all regarding claiming this money back could you please let everyone know.

p.s. anyone out there who is getting threats,dont hide behind the door,go in and sort it out,because this lot dont like getting what they dish out.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put in a std PPI reclaim

see my sig

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi,

my partner and i have had 9 agreements with brighthouse,

between 2004 and 2009,

over the 9 items,

we have paid £2033 OPTIONAL service cover,

and over £900 dlc.

we only missed 1 payment when my partner was in hospital having our daughter(and they were not sympathetic)

1 clown threatened my partner they would come to the house and lift items from the house,

so i went into the store to have a word in his shell,but,he apparently wasnt working that day.

i have called the customer care (what a joke) number,and all i got was a mouthy little bitch,telling me that i signed for it so basically tough luck,

i trtied to explain, that when we signed for the goods we were told that we must take the OPTIONAL service cover,or we would not be able to proceed.

but she said this wouldnt happen,they would not force anyone to take the cover as it is OPTIONAL.

but i was sitting in the store when they told both of us that we NEEDED to take the cover.i am far from stupid,or deaf.

The damge cover was not even mentioned in the store,and we didnt even know about it until this week when we got copies of our agreements.

so over the 5years,we have paid nearly £3000 for absolutely nothing.

they are nothing better than a shower of crooks.and we will certainly not be back near.

anyone who has any info at all regarding claiming this money back could you please let everyone know.

p.s. anyone out there who is getting threats,dont hide behind the door,go in and sort it out,because this lot dont like getting what they dish out.

jonbhoy,

Check out my thread at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336908-Sales-of-Goods-letter-to-Brighthouse-amp-OSC-Reclaiming

You may find some answers to your questions here. I am currently in the process of reclaiming OSC and Late Payment Charges back from Caversham Finance LTD (BrightHouse).

pfuk

ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS, IF IN DOUBT SEEK ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED SOLICITOR.

<<<<IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ, DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR AND GIVE ME SOME REP.

ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES DEEMED TO BE NON SUBJECT RELATED, DEROGATORY OR INSULTING WILL BE REPORTED.

pinkfloydianuk

:attention:

• 1 year later...

i work for a large housing organisation, as an elecrical inspector etc. and

was called to inspect a problem at one of our tennants house reguarding problems with their brand new cooker,

which was smoking and tripping the electrics.

the cooker was bought and installed by brighthouse.

on inspection, the cooker cable had melted and was connected incorrectly,

the live was connected to the neutral terminal and neutral connected to the live terminal. and the earth wire loosely connected.

when i was there, a brighthouse field engineer had turned up,

when i question him about their electricians qualification etc,

he told me that they do no have any,

as they are trained 'in house',

when i asked where is the 'minor works certificate' i was told that they do not issue them as they do not have to produce any.

i stated that they have broken the law, by not complying to bs7671 electrical regulations and the electricity at work act,

and not being a register company with a goverment body eg the NICEIC, or a domestic installers scheme eg part P and not using qualified electricans.

the tennant also told me that no elecrical test had been carried on the cooker installation,

so how can brighthouse PROVE that it is safe for use.

luckly for the tennant they were not electrocuted..

.they are now seeking legal action against brighthouse.

i work for a large housing organisation, as an elecrical inspector etc. and was called to inspect a problem at one of our tennants house reguarding problems with their brand new cooker, which was smoking and tripping the electrics. the cooker was bought and installed by brighthouse. on inspection, the cooker cable had melted and was connected incorrectly, the live was connected to the neutral terminal and neutral connected to the live terminal. and the earth wire loosely connected. when i was there, a brighthouse field engineer had turned up, when i question him about their electricians qualification etc, he told me that they do no have any, as they are trained 'in house', when i asked where is the 'minor works certificate' i was told that they do not issue them as they do not have to produce any. i stated that they have broken the law, by not complying to bs7671 electrical regulations and the electricity at work act, and not being a register company with a goverment body eg the NICEIC, or a domestic installers scheme eg part P and not using qualified electricans. the tennant also told me that no elecrical test had been carried on the cooker installation, so how can brighthouse PROVE that it is safe for use. luckly for the tennant they were not electrocuted...they are now seeking legal action against brighthouse.

WOW, thank you for registering with CAG to share this with us. Any chance you could visit the tenant and ask them to register as well so that we can assist if need be.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

often wondered this myself

and also with curry's etc?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

gonna close this thread now

if you have an issue

start a new thread

and tell us all about it.

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks