Local computer shop.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What I want to know is if people really develop all these viruses OR if the security companies do to ensure we all buy their silly products...conspiracy threory I know, but....

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, wouldn't put it past the likes of Symantec...

...although for legal reasons I wish to add that the above comment was merely idle, even wry speculation purely for the amusement of others, and was not intended to state categorically that large faceless businesses producing software that run-of-the-mill users don't have the knowledge to do without, are generally in the habit of hiring hackers to design uber-worms neccessitating constant subscription-based upgrades... *breathe* :D

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

we know that demon. I thought this site was about sharig your views anyway and helping ppl.

Ty all we have decided to just let the contract with norton run for now while we look else were for summing better.

BTW the idiot still has not replied to my letter and he recieved it last friday. Looks like next week court papers will be issued.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hmm, wouldn't put it past the likes of Symantec

i stopped using this lot of @@@@@@ many years ago when they where found out to have placed a file on the putor that was their own little virus since then never used them and even the bt yahoo i have deleted anything to do with norton cant stand their products and when they bought my fax program that was then dis assmbled so i deleted that as well i think you can guess i cannot stand norton products

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Hmm, wouldn't put it past the likes of Symantec...

...although for legal reasons I wish to add that the above comment was merely idle, even wry speculation purely for the amusement of others, and was not intended to state categorically that large faceless businesses producing software that run-of-the-mill users don't have the knowledge to do without, are generally in the habit of hiring hackers to design uber-worms neccessitating constant subscription-based upgrades... *breathe* :D

Hee hee hee! I'll say it - they're a bunch of legitimised crooks. There! And don't bother trying to sue me - I've got no money!

Hee hee hee! I'll say it - they're a bunch of legitimised crooks. There! And don't bother trying to sue me - I've got no money!

You said you would loan me £5 mil the other day gyzmo. What about that money?

:D

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

we know that demon. I thought this site was about sharig your views anyway and helping ppl.

Errr... 'tis. Did I miss something? :D

Hey, Gyz, better watch it, the Tec'll have your mansion and five of your fifteen cars if you're not careful ;)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

no u did not miss summing demon just you said this.

...although for legal reasons I wish to add that the above comment was merely idle, even wry speculation purely for the amusement of others, and was not intended to state categorically that large faceless businesses producing software that run-of-the-mill users don't have the knowledge to do without, are generally in the habit of hiring hackers to design uber-worms neccessitating constant subscription-based upgrades... *breathe* :grin:.

Just agreeing with you.

Chrissi

What does your letter before action say? if your relying on the sale of goods act, I cant see where your issue is, the computer was in good working order until it became infected.

I think your on a looser with this, as the computer hardware does not appear faulty, you have simply ( by some way or another ) managed to pick up some nasty software from the internet, which is not the retailers responsibility.

It would be like trying to sue ford because you ran over a nail and got a puncture.

I fix computers as a sideline and would never recomend norton or mcafee to anyone as you have to pay for it, its clumbersome software and there are better free alternatives such as AVG, and antivir.

Alongside these you should run spybot s&d and Ccleaner, along with windows included firewall, for full protection.

Some of my customers swear blind that they do regular updates and scans, but when thier computer comes back with yet another problem, 9 times out of ten I find that its not the case, hence the new problems.

AVG is not free it actually cost £50.00 ish for 2 years. I know l have been on the official website.

That is incorrect, AVG is free, however, you can choose to pay for the pro version, which offers more features for convienience, but no additional protection.

I know because I have personally been using and recomending the free version for years.

Im not trying to be difficult, but it seems you are quite a slippery customer, just what does your LBA say, I'm intrigued......

yes but i re signed up yesterday and was told the basic package was the cost.

It use to be free and then they reaslised they had a money making abilitys, i have the basic package on a trial basis which is free.

If you have the website please PM me the link so l can get the free version.

I am going to PM you the offical link for the avg site. This is the only place i have found you can get AVG from

AVG comes from Grisoft and this is the only legitimate site. If you have got it elsewhere, and paid, then you have either the 'complete' package, or been ripped off.

AVG Free Advisor - Free antivirus and anti-spyware downloads

Also if you put AVG into Google, the first 7 sites are all saying it is free.

the LBA is noting to do with the problems i have been having.

I checked the grisoft.com website when l googled it but they wanted money as well and it was not for the Basic version.

Oh and so u know that is the website we got our free version b4 we changed comps. the official avg site

connif that is what l done when l googled it yesterday l got about 3 pages of site and all but 1 wanted paying for it but that was a link to another site where they wanted paying.

If you follow the link I gave you and click the bright orange "download!" button it will redirect you to download.com, which is a legitemate site, then click the green download button and then click "run" in the pop-up box.

after that, simply follow the on screen instructions (OK/yes?continue/whatever)

I must admit, they do make it a little awkward to find the free download, as it is in thier interest to make money selling the pro-version, but the free vrsion is there if you look.

job done. you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

matty i have justbeen asked to pay for it on your link.

I have now eventually downloaded a free version from somewhere else.