CDi Credit Management - fake N1 for vets bill

ukiainib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone delt with the above mentioned company?

any suggestions please...also look at the letter amount outstanding and the first page they are trying to claim for...from 75.94 on the letter to 945.33 on the front page of the N1 form. Then on the other side of the N1 form it says 78.38

bob2020.jpg

bob2021.jpg

bob2022.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with proper advice, but I can't help pointing out that they can't spell either - None payment?

This is really odd. I thought 'Fixed Penalties' were for car fines? And as you say ukiainib, the figures are all wrong. Is this actually a legal document?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Just one small point ..... Is the HampshOre and Isle of Wight Fixed Penalty Office part of the London Mercantile Court ............. because my understanding was (having sued Abbey and won) that the name of the court on the top of the N1 is the court at which the claim is filed and only after filing etc can it be transferred. If they wish to sue in London Mercantile they must either file there or ask for transfer after filing and the defendant can insist on transfer to his local court.

Looks to me like they're trying to scare you.

Hi All,

Yes I also think this is a scare tactic, that is why I want to scare them back...[edit).

The debt was for a veterinarian bill, for anesthetising my brothers dog, which they have misdiagnosed for the past 2 years. And in which they kept on saying you need this subscription, and my brother forked out for it. Over the 2 years, he spent over £500 on drugs and potions for "able" the dog.

Oh and they also state they are "Licensed by the office of Fair Trading (No:242467)" on the web site Credit Management

Edited by alanfromderby
forgot to add, have not contacted them yet, as the letter did not arrive till the 12th, due to post strike

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate,

just seen your post

they cold called our company as soon as they got our £500 they didn't do much and there is no one we can go to! i need help too but dont know what to do.

did you have any luck?

Having looked at this I would report them to the OFT as the N1 supplied has NEVER seen a court and as such is being used as an intimidation and scare tactic.

They are implying that they have more authority then they actually do.

The N1 form is used for "manually" claiming a sum of money through the County Court system.

Now there are a number of things wrong/missing.

The court name is a complete joke and they say they are talking this to Merc straight off, I don't think so.

It isn't stamped by the court or had a case number assigned to it.

This all adds up to serious breaches of the OFT collection guidelines.

Namely;

• 2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear, inaccurate or misleading manner.
  • 2.3 Those contacting debtors must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their authority and/or the correct legal position.
  • 2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

And that's just a quick glance at the guidelines.

They can be found here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have had dealings with them in relation to a debt that I am disputing on the grounds of incomplete and sub standard work. Clearly the company that I am in dispute with has employed their services.

I have just recieved a letter stating that a default notice has been registered againist me. According to Experian that is not the case and they can't do this because I have never had any credit agreement with the company concerned. They are also advising that they are going to issue bankruptcy proceedings againist me which I have been advised is odd because I am disputing the debt, not that I can't pay it. So it makes you wonder what they are advising clients. Oh and the amount on the first 2 letters I recieved from them was completely different from the invoice amount they refer to and the second letter they have added about £150 and just said inc costs, which apparently isn't legal.

Interestingly by letter is pp'd by the same person as ukiainib and is the same person who has pp'd all the letters I have recieved from their Credit Control Officer, Legal Department and Credit Manager!

Clearly they are trying to bully me into paying this amount.

ukiainib - I would be interested to hear if you heard any more from them or what happened

Hi Tigger12,

I notified OFT on the 24th October about them, I received an email from the OFT on 16th November.

Totally ignored CDI, and by the looks of things so have they.

in case you need to know the people's names who are trading as CDI Credit Management Ltd...they are

David Newton and Paul Hughes

Licence No: 242467

Thanks Ukianinib

I think I will report them to the OFT, hopefully the more complaints they get about CDI the more likely they are to act.

You just have to google them though to see the amount of people who have complaints about them. It appears that they are taken to smalls claims more often than they manage to take debtors.

Thanks

Tigger12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tigger12

I could have written that email about your problems with CDi. I am also in dispute with a kitchen fitter who did incomplete work and yesterday received the exact same letter.

What was your response to CDi and what has their reaction been?

I have written numerous emails asking for an explanation of how the debt is made up as I have had numerous different figures quoted to me and all the say is "the figure is correct".

I have also said that I will pay the debt provided the kitchen fitter comes and finishes the work but he won't. Again, they keep ignoring this.

Did you get anywhere with OFT? I am also going to write a letter to them complaining about CDi.

This has been going on for nearly a year now and still we go round in circles. It's just irritating more than anything but I don't know how to get a resolution on this. Have you managed anything yet?

Scoopy

Hi Scoopy

I wrote back to them asking for a copy of the default notice and to provide the grounds on which they were going to make me bankrupt.

They replied - the amount owing having been reduced again and below the threshold for bankruptcy. They quoted large sections of the consumer credit act and then admitted that the invoice in dispute didn't fall under the act (which was what I was wanting them to say because it proves that they misrepresented their position by informing me they had registered a default notice againist me) I have checked my credit report and there is nothing on there! They then sent me a copy of the invoice and said the extra amount was interest which I was liable to pay under the Late Payments of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act - well I think the clue is in the word Commercial!! Clearly it doesn't apply.

I have since spoken to a friend of mine who is a solicitor and he has said that they cannot add interest, charges etc in as they want and then try to go for bankruptcy because it would just be thrown out. He also said that making someone bankrupt is costly (£1000) so would not be worth their while anyway and in his view the whole thing was clearly bullying tactics and they where grossly misrepresenting their legal position.

He advised that I send the following letter:-

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXXX.

I do not consider that I owe the amount you refer to and should you wish to issue proceedings at this point this letter will be brought to the attention of the court for the purposes of costs.

The work carried out by your client was never completed and was substandard. A XXXXXXXXXX had to be brought in to complete the works and should any proceedings be taken, I will issue a counterclaim, for the amount paid to have this work completed correctly.

I have made a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading: Complaint Number XXXXXX, on the grounds that you have breached their Debt Collection Guidelines, as it is clear from a number of letters you have sent me, which I have forwarded to the Office of Fair Trading, that you have falsely misrepresented your legal position on a number of occasions.

I do not intend to enter into any further correspondence with you until I have had a decision and feedback from the Office of Fair Trading.

You might find this useful. I have sent a complaint to OFT late last week so haven't heard anything yet.

If CDi write to me I am going to ignore them

Hope this helps

Thanks Tigger12 - great advice. I am going to do that now.

However, just 5 minutes ago I received another letter along the lines of the one at the start of this thread which includes an N1 form. So am going to add this to the complaint to OFT.

Cheers again.

Scoopy

Good luck and let me know what happens.

The more people who complain about them to the OFT the better. They clearly use the same bullying tactics with everyone concerned in the hope that they eventually get someone who will pay them. Ukiainib ignored them and complained to OFT and hasn't heard anything else since.

If you google them you will find loads of companies who employed them to collect debts and had to take CDI to small claims to get their money back.

Good luck - Tigger12

Hi Tigger12

Thanks. Complaint sent and letter sent to CDi along the lines of your suggestion. Have you heard anything back from them?

I will await their response, if any, but they are already getting rattled. I asked for a copy of default notice and grounds for bankruptcy proceedings and got the following back:

"If you require information then you need to give timescales (normally 7-10 days). To start to bombard us with demands every couple of days is not something you can do."

Cheers

Scoopy

Hi Scoopy

No I haven't heard anything from them (3 weeks now)

They have a cheek - fine for them to bombard you with letters saying they are taking redundancy proceedings. If they are going to take them then they should know the grounds already - it shouldn't take 7-10days to write a letter! It costs £1000 to make someone bankrupt and it is unlikely a court would process it anyway when there is a dispute. Glad they are rattled. They were unable to give me a copy of the default notice and just ignored the question regarding grounds for bankruptcy - probably because they know they don't have any.

That will be three complaints OFT have had about them in a many months (that we know about).

I will let you know when I hear anything from OFT or CDi

Thanks

Tigger12

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Got another letter from them yestersday ranting basically and saying they would take legal action in a weeks time if I didn't pay it (I hadn't responded to their last letter as yet) Sent them the letter today and told them I would not be entering into any further correspondence with them. So we will see what they do.

I also heard from the OFT who said that they don't get involved in indivdual complaints and there was nothing they could do? Can anyone advise on that as there has been a clear breach of their guidelines.

Thanks

Tigger12

Hi

I haven't heard from OFT yet but am assuming I will get the same response. I thought OFT could advise on individual cases as the complaint form is specifically for individual cases.

I also received another email from them again threatening court action if I didn't pay up in 10 days time. I haven't responded yet but will do today which is the end of the 10 days.

They keep going through the same old ground, lying, threatening. Reminding me that all correspondence would be brought up in court. Like I care. CDi can't take me to court anyway as the dispute is with the tradesman who didn't complete the work. Likewise with your case I'm sure.

I am going to respond today and will await the latest diatribe from them. Will let you know.

Good luck

Scoopy