Young vs nationwide offer made

stuff the banks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, thanks firstly for all your help and advice that is posted on this site.

I have made a claim against the Nationwide for £3200

DPA sent 16th may

LBA sent 1st June.

Reply from nationwide standard letter that most of us get 7th June.

County court claim 14th june.

I am now waiting for the next step, which i am unsure of what that will be.

i have gathered evidence to fight my case in court, i have read at length the court process and how to defend ones case, but i have to say i makes me a little nervous to say the least, although i am determined to win this (I need to)

why is it the poor people always pay the highest costs for everything.

seems totally wrong.

I anyone can shed some light what may happen next as i have made the county court claim against the Nationwide and as yet heard nothing.

Thanks again to everyone, and please keep strong

Respect

David

I just got my acknowledgement from court today, through the post, and I submitted mine on the 14th. It is just a case of sitting back and waiting now. On mine, it was processed on the 15th, deemed served on the 20th and Nationwide have until 4th July to respond.

If you check on Moneyclaim (if you did it that way) it gives you the status of the claim. It is highly unlikely they will have dealt with it yet, as they must have so many, so there is nothing you can do but wait to see what they come back with.

Hope that helps a little.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi Dolly thanks for that.

i made my money claim online on the 14th june so how long do the banks have to respond ?

is it 14 days from that date ?

or is it 14 days from when they recieve the court letter.

i have not recieved a letter from the court yet, i figure that should be early next week.

it makes you feel quite nervous all this not knowing what happens next.

i guess i just need to sit tight and stay strong.

please stay in touch with how you are doing and good luch to you

Thanks David

It tells you all that on the acknowledgement. The court sets the date by which they have to respond. I think they allow 5 days (for postage) and the 14 days start from then.

You'll be fine :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

And don't worry! They coughed up a couple of days after I sent in the claim, despite saying on the response form that they intended to defend it.

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

See....it's all sounding better and better :)

Thanks Moxie!

hey thanks

i woke up thinking/worrying about, it must be quite normal to get the jitters

I still have to send another 2 DPA's yet to the Halifax and Bank of Scotland i think for similiar amounts to the Nationwide and i want this one out of the way first, just to strengthen my resolve and nerves.

i cannot believe the stress/debt ect this puts on people.

Thanks very much for your reassuring words, sites like this give so much more than info.

its good to know this forum has a very supportive and helpful bunch of people.

i fact i would go as far as saying life savers.

i have been like many on here depressed by this situation, but finding this site last month has given me real optimism.

so thanks again,

i will keep you all updated and i am looking forwards to making my donation

And don't worry! They coughed up a couple of days after I sent in the claim, despite saying on the response form that they intended to defend it.

Exactly the same as ours. Looks like standard practice. Just sit tight and you will hear soon. Good luck with the claim and well done for getting this far! As you say, it is nerve wracking but we are all with you.

I totally agree, its surprising what strength you can draw from others on here to help you isn't it? gives you the oomph you need to carry on! :)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

i woke up thinking/worrying about, it must be quite normal to get the jitters....

You are not wrong there. User, moderators, super-moderators - we are all the same, honestly.

I'm awaiting a defence from the Halifax and my case involves money and a claim for default removal - I'm expecting some tough days ahead and it's in my thoughts just about every day.

Best of luck.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi i have just been on money claim to see what the status of my claim against the Damnationwide Charlatans. Anyway it says

Acknowledged 21/06/06

The Defendant is allowed a total of 28 days from the date from when they are served with the claim to reply.

i made the claim on the 14th june.

all of this is confusing me and quite frankly making me angry i dont know if i am coming or going.

can someone again come and let me know what is happening please please please, i thought it was 14 days not 28 ????

it also says nothing about there intentions i.e to defend or just to give me my my my money back

Regards Dave

Hi i have just been on money claim to see what the status of my claim against the Damnationwide Charlatans. Anyway it says

Acknowledged 21/06/06

The Defendant is allowed a total of 28 days from the date from when they are served with the claim to reply.

i made the claim on the 14th june.

all of this is confusing me and quite frankly making me angry i dont know if i am coming or going.

can someone again come and let me know what is happening please please please, i thought it was 14 days not 28 ????

it also says nothing about there intentions i.e to defend or just to give me my my my money back

Regards Dave

Mine has been acknowledged today too.

Now they get 28 days from the date it was considered served (which will be on your letter, mine was the 20th and I filed on the same day as you). That means they have 28 days in which to either pay you off or say they will defend the claim and go to court. All it basically does is buy them time to decide what to do. They could come back 1 minute before the 28 day deadline and decide to defend the claim, thus allowing them more time.

Don't get angry about it, it is just the process. The ball is in their court.

Meant to add it might be that in the next couple of days you get a letter from Nationwide offering you a settlement, you might not. Some people have, some haven't. By acknowledging it, it means that they have got it and have at least glanced at it so it is in their system and will have to be dealt with.

Got a letter today from Northhampton county court its says that Charles Bacon is to defend all of the claim.

they now have i guess 28 days in which to prepare a case

Dave

Mone came today too....exactly the same. Has anyone rang this guy, as it has his phone number on?!

Hi Guys,

I'll be following your cases closely from now! I am about to put my own Moneyclaim in today!

David, I'm about to start reading up about fighting my case in court. Any tips from your research?

Have any of your read about anyone actually fighting Nationwide in court yet? I'd like to know how they defend it....if it has happened, and the outcome!

Good luck to everyone who's now just playing the waiting game!

Nationwide paid in full!!!!!

Moneyclaim filed 27/6, Acknowledged 30/6, £1500 refunded on 4/7!!!!! Just a week from claiming!

No sign of account closure yet! :D

On the forum there is a guide to defending your case, aswell as audio, video clips and newspaper reports to use as evidence.

i have read this guide a few times, and gathered evidence to help me just in case the DamNationwide want to go all the way.

i was a little worried at first but after reading through forum notes i have gained more confidence.

Remember you are in the Right not them, let justice prevail.

good luck with it

Dave

hi thought i would start a new thread for this

right Nationwide have sent me a letter offering me £1714.80 and £120 court costs

this is not my claim amount of £3200

what do you think i should do ?

should i ring them accept it as an intial payment but leet them know i will not stop the court action unless the pay the full amount

i am feeling like i am nearly there now, the best letter i have had for a while

Dave

Threads merged - please stick to one thread.

I wouldn't phone the bank unless you are recording the call.

You could just send the bank a short note along the lines of:

Dear Mr Banker

Thank you for your offer of £xxx.xx as part settlement of my claim.

Your offer is not satisfactory, although I am prepared to accept this sum, unconditionally, in part-settlement of my FULL claim of £yyy.yy.

I shall continue to proceed with my action to recover the remainder of my claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well at least it is a start - I haven't had anything yet!