Transport police

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pen,

Did you contact the courts? If so what did they advise.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

I am so sorry not to have gotten back to you as i have been of the site for a while. Thanks to the majority of your responses.

The Out Come.

My son checked his bank statements and the cheque for the £30.00 had been cashed by the rail Authority.

I phoned the court and asked them about the hearing on the 15th of January, they had no knowledge of one. With that being the case we just ignored the letter and nothing further has come in the post. As far as we are concerned my son has paid the penalty and it's been excepted the issue is now closed.

MTM your comment on blame the parents not the teachers or government workers are in my opinion pretty stupid. I have read quite a few of your posts on this site and you come across as being both very opinionated and judgemental. My son's parents are both a teacher and a Ex Government Worker ie social worker. His sibling is also a Deputy Head Teacher at the age of 28 of a senior school in inner London.

My son is no hooligan as you classified him. he is a well educated, polite well mannered member of society who has never ever before been in any trouble with the law. He was a student traveling to work at 6.30 am to earn some pocket money during the summer. I am proud to say he passed his degree and is now working full time. If he is typical of what you class as a hooligan then as a society we have no worries.

My son got arthritis through the MMR Booster vaccines and as suffered it really bad from the age of 10 he has spent most of his teenage years in agony coping with numerous steroid injections in his joint's. He could if he was the type, have a chip on his shoulder, stay at home all day and claim incapacity benefits etc and who would blame him, but he doesnt he works full time and lives at home.

if you knew anything about the suffering of people with arthritis then you would know that the most painful time for them is in the morning. He did not give the guard a mouthful. he agreed with him and apologised and paid the penalty what more would you like him to do. I am well awere of your views regarding train travel through another thread (re penalty chargers on trains) and (I suppose previously being paid for upholding the Laws of this Sceptred Isle was wrong was it??... ) can only say thank god you were not on a train with him that morning, who knows you might have had a second chance at being a witness for the prosocution.

Once again, thanks everyone especily PT and Godmother for your helpful responce If we do hear anymore about it I will keep you informed.

I have had some laughs reading this thread:)

Pen

• Haha 1

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Pen.

I am glad the outcome was favourable towards your son.

They should now be apologising to you and your son for the problems they have caused let alone faking or attempting to fake a court document.

I also have had some laughs reading this thread especailly the stupid laws.

Good luck with your other battles.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Pen.

I am glad the outcome was favourable towards your son.

They should now be apologising to you and your son for the problems they have caused let alone faking or attempting to fake a court document.

I also have had some laughs reading this thread especailly the stupid laws.

Good luck with your other battles.

Chrissi

yep like it being against the law to eat mince pies on christmas day:lol:

No one believes me when l tell them that paul.

Chrissi

I would just like to add my thoughts...

I travel by train everyday and get fed up with people making other travellers journeys a nightmare by their selfishness and lack of consideration for others. Sadly in this day and age a fine is ALL most people understand getting a 'friendly' warning is a pointless exercise. Every time I see a guard or any other type of official walk through the train they politely ask the person to take their feet off the seat, 9 times out of 10 as soon as they leave the carriage the feet go back on the seat.

• Haha 1

MTM your comment on blame the parents not the teachers or government workers are in my opinion pretty stupid. I have read quite a few of your posts on this site and you come across as being both very opinionated and judgemental.

Well said. It seems to me that you have a son who is a credit to you and an example to his peers. And that can only come about with loving and caring parents.

And just for Godmother;

In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament wearing a suit of armour.

If someone knocks on your door in Scotland and requires the use of your toilet, you are required to let them enter.

I personally, have had to console numerous innocent train passengers, who have had their clothes ruined by mindless + selfish others who have put their feet on railway carriage seats.

Two ocassions in particular stand out...

Once where a Bride-to-be had placed her newly collected wedding dress on the seat next to her,

+ on another ocassion, someone else was on their way to a job interview, after being unemployed for a considerable time + was partially sighted.

That interview/job was to be their very last hope of participating in mainstream society,

A Bride to be putting her newly collected dress on a seat - without it being in a gown cover????? REALLY!!!? That is weird to say the least!

A person having their VERY LAST HOPE of a job ruined by someone putting their feet on a seat?

You really know how to meet people at the absolute end of their tether MTM. But having read your comments I am suprised that you were able to "console" them - you show no compassion. Pens son may have made an error of judgement... but that is all.

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

You really know how to meet people at the absolute end of their tether MTM. But having read your comments I am surprised that you were able to "console" them - you show no compassion. Ha ha Sue, you do know just how to cheer me up!! I wonder if that's why members call him the "Stalker"

There are 2 types on members who use this site 99.9% are those who seek or offer advice and support each other in doing so which was why this site was set up and then there is the 0.01% who are those who just enjoy reading and contributing to others misery.

I am glad it's all been sorted. Once again thanks everyone for your support and yes it was the mince pies that had me in giggles. I am also a law student but didn't know that one ! :) and thank you Belaflat for clicking my scales your comments were so nice to hear.

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

to add to this:

In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

any welshmen seen approaching the walls of chester are allowed to be shot at with an arrow

(EDIT)

to add to this:

any welshmen seen approaching the walls of chester are allowed to be shot at with an arrow

(EDIT)

After todays result at Twickenham I dont really think the Welsh will care.:lol:

lol ODC

OK I heard one today.

You are only allowed to pee on the left side wheel of a car, hmm maybe i've got that a tad wrong:)

cases won

lol pen it sounds like that will be fun

OK I heard one today.

You are only allowed to pee on the left side wheel of a car, hmm maybe i've got that a tad wrong:)

I find that hard to believe Pen!!! LOL

Sue x:p

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

ok l have just told my partner that and he has started to laugh.

Been reading with interest and couldn't resist adding a few more....

Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked manequin

A license is required to keep a lunatic

It is illegal to be a drunk in possession of a cow

It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats

Women are permitted to go topless in Liverpool provided they work as a clerk in a shop selling tropical fish

Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end may be sentenced to 24 hours in the stocks

A pregnant woman may relieve herself anywhere she likes, including in a policeman's helmet

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Ha ha sidewind, It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

That was the one I was thinking off.

Were is, the sharp end on a boiled egg???:)

cases won

I've just read this thread, and I must say that I can hardly believe that this is the same country I grew up in.

Having to go to court for having your feet on a train chair!!????

What a really poor excuse for a police officer that was. No wonder they have no public respect in this country any more.

What a complete waste of time (yours, your sons, the courts) and money.

The country really has gone mad. I can't believe it.

This is the real cause of people not having any respect for the police/authorities.

How can anyone respect someone who forces that sort of issue through the courts - and even then, when all is done and dusted and they've got their 30 quid, they continue to harrass you or your son (probably through a cockup of some sort).

The state of the nation isn't to do with bad parenting or bad schools (although I agree, to a certain degree that those will have an effect) - it's to do with complete lack of respect for authority (not fear, respect).

Constantly being told what to do, and how to do it by an incompetent government and fined for not obeying them. Then fined and dragged through courts for something like this!

You try and get the people who NEED to go to court (banking cartels spring to ming) and you have to wait years and start a consumer revolution to get it to happen.

I think someone has punched a big hole in the centre of the UK and we're slowly sinking.

/rant.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Wow Dave! Very True! That is exactly the problem now - its all gone too far .....

- last weekend a friend was collecting my Daughter and was having a small natter in my hall the door 1/2 open - when she got out the "parking ambasadors" as we call them in Salisbury (well I actually call them another unprintable name!!) gave my friend a parking ticket that pointed out that she was in a parking permit zone and on a yellow line....well you can park outside our house for up to 2 hrs and as for the yellow line it wore out months ago and there is NO YELLOW LINE! But she paid the fine immediately! she must be MAD!

We also got a ticket for parking across our own gates the weekend before it was 0910 on a Saturday morning! At the moment they are patrolling our quiet road all day, every day, and on that Saturday were going at it two at a time one on each side of the road!

Not very long ago they would have knocked on our door and said you had better move - but now they are intent on enforcing the law - or is that collecting the revenue? -

BUT when the yob kids near by kicked a hole in our fence and I took a photo of them , and the shop nearby had a good picture of the kids on their cctv we were told it was not in the public interest to prosecute them!!!!

BUT obviously criminal types like Pens' son really do need to be taught a lesson!;) That is in the public interest as they make £30 out of him/Pen.

It makes me MAD :mad: Keep thinking of moving abroad to try and find life like it was a few years ago when we were a free country.....:(

WTF your friend got a parking ticket for parking in a permit zone on invisable yellow lines.

I would appeal that ticket as the yellow lines dont exist. Someone must love there job.

well i dont think so.

Wow Dave! Very True! That is exactly the problem now - its all gone too far .....

- last weekend a friend was collecting my Daughter and was having a small natter in my hall the door 1/2 open - when she got out the "parking ambasadors" as we call them in Salisbury (well I actually call them another unprintable name!!) gave my friend a parking ticket that pointed out that she was in a parking permit zone and on a yellow line....well you can park outside our house for up to 2 hrs and as for the yellow line it wore out months ago and there is NO YELLOW LINE! But she paid the fine immediately! she must be MAD! If the markings are not clear, then without going into tooo much detail here, the case of Davis and Heatley in the high court ruled that the markings must be clear, if they are not then there should not be a penalty charge

further more if you can produce proof that the lines do not comply with the TSRGD 2002 you may be able to push the council to reimburse you under the ruling in the case of Woolwich equitable building society -V - inland revenue as this case sets out where a fine is paid where there is no basis in law to enforce it then you are entitled to restitution

We also got a ticket for parking across our own gates the weekend before it was 0910 on a Saturday morning! At the moment they are patrolling our quiet road all day, every day, and on that Saturday were going at it two at a time one on each side of the road!

Not very long ago they would have knocked on our door and said you had better move - but now they are intent on enforcing the law - or is that collecting the revenue? -

BUT when the yob kids near by kicked a hole in our fence and I took a photo of them , and the shop nearby had a good picture of the kids on their cctv we were told it was not in the public interest to prosecute them!!!!

BUT obviously criminal types like Pens' son really do need to be taught a lesson!;) That is in the public interest as they make £30 out of him/Pen.

It makes me MAD :mad: Keep thinking of moving abroad to try and find life like it was a few years ago when we were a free country.....:(