Transport police

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pen.

I have PM'd PT2537 to have a look at this thread as he my be able to help u with what notes the court ill keep etc. He may also be able to legally advise you on a few things in post 23.

he should give you a hand soon.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are with the poor unfortunate passenger who would have to sit on a seat that had had someone else's feet on it.

God knows what a person has trodden on beforehand?!...:mad:

Zero tolerance is what is needed with the youth of today!

A total disrespect + lack of concern for other people is endemic in modern society.

I believe that the fault firmly lies on the shoulders of the parents.

It is all too easy to blame teachers or the government.

In a case like this, it is simply BAD MANNERS.

The person involved deserves having the full weight of the law thrown against him, to serve as an deterrent to others...:mad:

If not, what would it be the NEXT time??

Grafitti??...Vandalism??...Fare Dodging??...or EVEN WORSE??

Perhaps the shock of a conviction would nip his anti-social activity in the bud, before it escalates further?!

It could actually be beneficial to him in the long term!!...;):)

I am assuming you have read the whole thread but as you will notice this persons son has a medical condition which means he needs to keep his leg elivated. If not you would more than likely be moaning that the guy is claiming your tax money.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I am assuming you have read the whole thread but as you will notice this persons son has a medical condition which means he needs to keep his leg elivated. If not you would more than likely be moaning that the guy is claiming your tax money.
Yes I HAVE read the whole Thread thank U.

The person would be keeping his leg elevated whilst walking would he??

Could the person not have anticipated his condition + have took with him an inflatable 'stool' or the like??

No doubt the cost of any prosecution would far out way any recompense that OUR country would receive back from the 'alleged' criminal.

However, the law is the law...PERIOD.

...It is there to protect the innocent majority from the mindless + inconsiderate minority!...:)

Just like the law is there to protect US from being ripped off by Banks etc...;-)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

My thoughts are with the poor unfortunate passenger who would have to sit on a seat that had had someone else's feet on it. BUT YOU SIT ON A SEAT THATS HAD SOMEONE ELSES AR$E ON IT

God knows what a person has trodden on beforehand?!...:mad:

Zero tolerance is what is needed with the youth of today!

A total disrespect + lack of concern for other people is endemic in modern society.

I believe that the fault firmly lies on the shoulders of the parents.

It is all too easy to blame teachers or the government.

In a case like this, it is simply BAD MANNERS. HMM YEAH WHEN HAS BAD MANNERS BEEN A CRIMINAL OFFENCE DESERVING OF THE FULL WEIGHT OF THE LAW BEING USED? .:rolleyes: OH PLEASE

The person involved deserves having the full weight of the law thrown against him, to serve as an deterrent to others...:mad:

If not, what would it be the NEXT time??

Grafitti??...Vandalism??...Fare Dodging??...or EVEN WORSE??

Perhaps the shock of a conviction would nip his anti-social activity in the bud, before it escalates further?!

It could actually be beneficial to him in the long term!!...;):)

Come on MTM, this isn't very helpful now is it. the fact is yeah the lad had his feet on a chair, but he suffers from arthritis and put his feet up possibly to alleviate the pain he is probably a very nice lad and i dont see any reference to this boy being a persistent pain or repeat offender

i dont disagree with you that society has gone soft but there must be proportionality with things, if this guy had mugged an old lady or committed an wanton act of criminal damage then yes the full weight of the law should be used but hey he put his foot up on a chair

• Haha 1

pt2537...

Smoking on a Railway Platform has become an offence, even on a small halt in Wales or the highlands of Scotland.

However absurd U, me, or others may view things, the law is the law!

Rather than try to prevent a conviction, perhaps thought would be better put as to how to have such draconian laws repealed??

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

its still an offence in england to eat a mince pie on Christmas day too there are many absurd laws in england

the law should be applied proportionately too so the punishment should fit the crime

however, if there is a defence available to this lad he has the right to use it to defend himself

there is a principle in English law of the presumption of innocence until proven guilty before a court of law

it is my contention that if there is a defence available to this boy he should be entitled to it and therefore i will if possible to do so help him

It is extremely hard to argue with video evidence.

Perhaps there was a bit of 'attitude' that came just before the the officer decided to act??

It is often the case that a 1st warning is given in 'minor' transgressions by the 'on the spot' officer...:)

(Jules Winnfield)

Yes I HAVE read the whole Thread thank U.

The person would be keeping his leg elevated whilst walking would he??

Could the person not have anticipated his condition + have took with him an inflatable 'stool' or the like??

No doubt the cost of any prosecution would far out way any recompense that OUR country would receive back from the 'alleged' criminal.

However, the law is the law...PERIOD.

...It is there to protect the innocent majority from the mindless + inconsiderate minority!...:)

Just like the law is there to protect US from being ripped off by Banks etc...;-)

MTM,

As a suffer of Arthritis, and a lot of my blood family are as well, they many years have been spent by my family, Since my great great Grandad parents, on trying to find ways of helping with the pain that you get from Arthritis especially in you legs and ankles.

A inflatable stool has not been found any where by us and would not necessarily work for everyone.

For years doctors have advised elavation of feet whenever possible.

Maybe you so do some reasearch on the facts of the medical condition before you comment in future.

Chrissi

PT2537,

I laughed so much l gave my self hiccups at your reply to milk tray man. My other half laughed as well.

Any idea on how to get rid of hiccups?

Chrissi

Hi Pen

my sincere appologies for not getting back sooner, when ever i seem to plan something, something comes along and blows my plans out of the water

i have to be honest and say i havent even had a chance to fully reread the thread so im gonna have to take a look in the morning now. thats as long as i dont get collared into other things

regards

paul

Hi pen,

the closed hearing will be recorded, very much like a DJ in chambers for small claims cases so there will be a record of all matters stated in the court

you need to see if the cheque has been cashed for sure as it will be helpful to know one way or the other.

im concerned as to the fact that this hearing on the 15th hasnt been notified by the court. i would certainly suggest contacting the court and checking with them as you have not received any notification of hearing. it may be the case that the form merely has been lost int he post as courts only use 1st class standard post so its in the hands of the postie:eek:

i will have a chat with someone who i know should be able to help and i will come back to you

the main thing is at this stage to check with the court as to whats going on with regards the 15th

MTM there is a wonderful word called discretion.

And lets not forget COMMON SENSE. Now because of the idiotic attitude of the po;iceman one more family has less respect for the law. If it were me or my son I would be contesting this matter as far as it went.

its still an offence in england to eat a mince pie on Christmas day too there are many absurd laws in england

the law should be applied proportionately too so the punishment should fit the crime

however, if there is a defence available to this lad he has the right to use it to defend himself

there is a principle in English law of the presumption of innocence until proven guilty before a court of law

it is my contention that if there is a defence available to this boy he should be entitled to it and therefore i will if possible to do so help him

Hi Paul,

Please dont tell me this was actually law. It is so stupid, scuse me while l scoff the mince pies, I have heard of sum allerged laws but this one must have been made buy some who hates mince pies.

Chrissi

Hi Paul,

Please dont tell me this was actually law. It is so stupid, scuse me while l scoff the mince pies, I have heard of sum allerged laws but this one must have been made buy some who hates mince pies.

Chrissi

yes it is actually law, it comes from the days of cromwell

I cant believe it. Did you find out if it be sacked yet?

You should look up the Town and Police clauses act of 1847 for some wierd laws which are still valid today.

Prosecutions for breach of the peace are under this act so the rest of it in theory could still be used and for some other things still is such as hackney carriages but the best which could in theory still be used are...... wait for it.....

Every person who wilfully and indecently exposes his person:

Every person who publicly offers for sale or distribution, or exhibits to public view any profane, . . . book, paper, print, drawing, painting, or representation, or sings any profane or obscene song or ballad, or uses any profane or obscene language:

Every person who wantonly discharges any firearm, or throws or discharges any stone or other missile, or makes any bonfire, or throws or sets fire to any firework:

Every person who wilfully and wantonly disturbs any inhabitant, by pulling or ringing any door bell, or knocking at any door, or who wilfully and unlawfully extinguishes the light of any lamp:

Every person who flies any kite, or who makes or uses any slide upon ice or snow:

Every person who cleanses, hoops, fires, washes, or scalds any cask or tub, or hews, saws, bores, or cuts any timber or stone, or slacks, sifts, or screens any lime:

Every person who throws or lays down any stones, coals, slate, shells, lime, bricks, timber, iron, or other materials (except building materials so inclosed as to prevent mischief to passengers):

Every person who beats or shakes any carpet, rug, or mat (except door mats, beaten or shaken before the hour of eight in the morning):

Every person who fixes or places any flower-pot or box, or other heavy article, in any upper window, without sufficiently guarding the same against being blown down:

Every person who throws from the roof or any part of any house or other building any slate, brick, wood, rubbish, or other thing, except snow thrown so as not to fall on any passenger:

Every occupier of any house or other building or other person who orders or permits any person in his service to stand on the sill of any window, in order to clean, paint, or perform any other operation upon the outside of such window, or upon any house or other building within the said limits, unless such window be in the sunk or basement story:

Every person who leaves open any vault or cellar, or the entrance from any street to any cellar or room underground, without a sufficient fence or handrail, or leaves defective the door, window, or other covering of any vault or cellar, or who does not sufficiently fence any area, pit, or sewer left open, or who leaves such open area, pit, or sewer without a sufficient light after sunset to warn and prevent persons from falling thereinto:

Every person who throws or lays any dirt, litter, or ashes, or nightsoil, or any carrion, fish, offal, or rubbish, on any street, or causes any offensive matter to run from any manufactory, brewery, slaughter-house, butcher’s shop, or dunghill into any street: Provided always, that it shall not be deemed an offence to lay sand or other materials in any street in time of frost, to prevent accidents, or litter or other suitable materials to prevent the freezing of water in pipes, or in case of sickness to prevent noise, if the party laying any such things causes them to be removed as soon as the occasion for them ceases:

Every person who keeps any pigstye to the front of any street, not being shut out from such street by a sufficient wall or fence, or who keeps any swine in or near any street, so as to be a common nuisance.

So the next time you beat your mat or shake it before 8 am..watch out....there could be a plod about.

Sorry about the thread drift...:)

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

I cant believe sum of these laws. Now l can get the kids when they cum carol signing cool now whats the number for 999?

:D

MTM there is a wonderful word called discretion.
I agree sequenci, that's why any normal person may have removed their feet from the seat when they seen the police officer approach, + if challenged, apologised.

That may have sufficed + placated the police officer.

Perhaps they may have even placed their feet back on the seat when the police officer had gone?...who knows, or even cares about supposition?!

The fact is...the OP's son was seen to have committed a crime + has been processed accordingly.

Any ignorance of such crime is NO defence in the eyes of the law.

MTM,

...A inflatable stool has not been found any where by us and would not necessarily work for everyone.

For years doctors have advised elavation of feet whenever possible.

Maybe you so do some reasearch on the facts of the medical condition before you comment in future.

This internet thingy is a marvelous thing don't ya fink??

...Amazing what ya can find if ya can actually bothered to look eh?!

Commercial link removed

Whilst the OP may consider arthritis a mitigating circumstance, would the son have committed the crime on a full train??

Would it have been ok for someone to have spray painted the window cos they had an ailment concerning Bright Lights??

Mitagating circumstances aren't the issue here, it's whether or NOT someone putting their feet on a railway carriage seat is a crime + whether it should be punishable as it has been.

And lets not forget COMMON SENSE. Now because of the idiotic attitude of the po;iceman one more family has less respect for the law. If it were me or my son I would be contesting this matter as far as it went.
That would always be your preogative ODC.

Personally, I would have berated MY son for doing it in the first place + then again for getting caught for doing it!!!

I personally, have had to console numerous innocent train passengers, who have had their clothes ruined by mindless + selfish others who have put their feet on railway carriage seats.

Two ocassions in particular stand out...

Once where a Bride-to-be had placed her newly collected wedding dress on the seat next to her,

+ on another ocassion, someone else was on their way to a job interview, after being unemployed for a considerable time + was partially sighted.

That interview/job was to be their very last hope of participating in mainstream society, by leading an active + fullfilling role + contributing their 110%.

They wanted to be able to hold their head high + say to people, YES I DO HAVE A DISABILITY......BUT I AM 'NORMAL', JUST LIKE U ARE!!!!

Forgive me if I show NO remorse to the OP's son, who had a choice about his actions!...:x

PT2537,

I laughed so much l gave my self hiccups at your reply to milk tray man. My other half laughed as well.???...Unless a person was trouserless/knickerless when they sat on the seat, they do NOT have the same effect as someone who may have trodden in something unmentionable....Therefore pt2537's example is fundamentally flawed.

...I thought it was rather insensitive to LAUGH at pt2537's genuine attempt to help explain The GodMother!...especially when the OP is maybe relying on their input, so as to perhaps use the same example in any legal proceedings that may ensue...:rolleyes:

Any idea on how to get rid of hiccups?...I know of a certain cure!...;)

Chrissi

(Jules Winnfield)

Milk Tray Man whilst I value your comments I feel that the Police Officer was being over zealous in his enforcement of British Rail bye-laws. Had he remembered his/her training and used common sense and descretion he may have had a more satisfactory result. He must really have been scraping the bottom for cases that day. Lets hope that if the said police officer is in trouble some day that the OPs son is forgiving enough to go and help him instead of walking past because that police officer gave him a criminal record for a petty offence that should have been dealt with by advice and warning.

• Haha 1

Could I please remind people that this is a self help forum.

What has happened has happened and the Original Poster, I assume, started this thread for help because of what happened. I can't see anywhere in the OP's posts that says he/she wants an acrimonious debate (from a certain quarter) about legal or moral obligations.

No one is denying anything here and all that is being sought is help for the way forward.

It isn't helping the OP in anyway whatsoever, now that everyone is piling in with their twopence worth over trivial moral issues, which, quite frankly in my opinion, don't concern them.

Given that, i'ld respectfully request that everyone allow this thread to return to the questions asked by the OP and be allowed to remain on topic.

Thank you, Dave.

• Haha 1

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Milk Tray Man whilst I value your comments I feel that the Police Officer was being over zealous in his enforcement of British Rail bye-laws. Had he remembered his/her training and used common sense and descretion he may have had a more satisfactory result. He must really have been scraping the bottom for cases that day. Lets hope that if the said police officer is in trouble some day that the OPs son is forgiving enough to go and help him instead of walking past because that police officer gave him a criminal record for a petty offence that should have been dealt with by advice and warning.

Part of the problem ODC is what is common sense. Maybe they had been having lots of complaints about this later in the day and the officer decided that he was going to have a productive day over busting ppl for bye-laws.

I feel that they son has had a bad treatment as l was on a train on Monday, 10th december, and somebody had been smoking on the train as there was cigarette butts on a table. The person l thought was not there but it turns out he was in the bathroom. He then sat down and had another fag and the conductor walked past him without saying anything about it to him.

There were no smoking signs on every window, door etc and nothing was done as far as l no so he got away with breaking the smoking law which is a more serious offence than what the OP son done.

I got off at the next stop but l can safely say for the whole time l was on the train he was not said anything to buy anyone including me but you would have thought that the conductor would have done something about it.

Chrissi