HELP with MCL against Abbey - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been follwoing the templates for reclaiming my charges against abbey and am now at the point of filing with Moneyclaim.

My question is:

Abbey failed to respond to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), they only supplied my with one years of statements, 40 day dead line has expired so do i file for the years charges that i have £1100 plus estimated £1000 or wait for statements?

Abbey - requested statements 20th August (finally received one years, 5years missing)

Received standard fob off 31st Aug

Non Compliance Warning sent – 1st Sep 06

6th Sep Received one of my team will be in contact soon letter..

LBA (1) sent, estimated £2093 31st Aug 2006 14 days up on 14th Aug

Received standard fob off on 6th Sep

LBA (2) sent 14th Sep 2006 Estimated Claim £2093 plus £104 int going up by around 50p per day

20th Sep – received final offer of £437

26th Sep MCOL going in for total incl interest and court fees????

29 Sep Received Notice of Issue from court

13 Oct Received yet another we are aking longer than expected to investigate your claim ....

You can submit an estimated claim but with the proviso in your POC that you will amend upon receipt of the required data.

THis will cost you £35 to amend your claim i believe. Somoene said you cant reclaim this fee, but i thought you could.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 4 weeks later...

Letter received from abbey after my court action, another case of passing the buck...

"Thank you for your letter dated 29 september 2006, addressed to our heads of complaints, marc Winder. The matter has been passed to me for response on his behalf.

I understand from my investigation that we wrote to you recently addressing th eissures you raised in relation to the charges incurred on your account. I further understand that we refunded charges totalling £437.00 to your above account number.

As you have now notified us that legal proceedings are being taken in relation to this matter, Abbey's lawyers will deal with the matter directly. As such it would be inappropriate of me to respond any further to your correspondence."

Jenny Atkin

Senior Customer Resolution Manager

• 2 months later...

Great News today. Abbey issued a defence and i filled in my Allocation Questionnaire for the courts. However, I've received a letter today from Abbey offering full settlement.

"Dear miss xxxx

We now advise that the sum of £1240 has been credited to your account, representing full and final settledment of the above mentioned claim. We confirm that this payment is without any admission of legal liability by Abbey.

Could you please now write to the court to withdraw your claim."

I've just checked my account the the cheque is due to clear tomorrow....