another question for you!!??

ej3166
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just posted regarding advice on a stayed nationwide case, but have just realised another thing:

the account which i am claiming for is overdrawn by £400 pounds,now on another account which i claimed for it was similar,nationwide just paid into that account and effectivly paid me my money minus the overdrawn figure.

however,i am worried that if i leave the case stayed till oft outcome i will continue to attract £30 per month interest charges,by nationwide.

this account is with a debt management company ,whom actually have the overdraft figure at £180 and have offered an early settlement figure(£180 is what overdraft originally was!!)

should i pay off the £180/debt management company,therefore,nationwide would close the account as settled and i would not incur charges? would i still be able to claim on an account that it is closed and settled.

are people allowed to claim on closed accounts or is it only active accounts?

any info regarding this would be helpful.

many thanks

ej3166 x

Okie dokie, I probably should have read this post before I posted on your other thread!

Given the problems you're having with this account and the fact that you could end up with an awful lot more charges on it before the test case is over and the stays are lifted, it's probably worthwhile sending in the application to have the stay lifted/set aside due to the very reasons that you've highlighted above.

On the application, make sure that you stress the account is with a debt management company and could, potentially, incur an awful lot of additional charges if your claim does not proceed. If nothing else the DJ can at least have a full understanding of the additional financial hardship that you could be facing.

On the other hand, you may decide to just pay off the account if you have the available cash. This may save you from an awful lot of future charges - but the ultimate decision rests with you.

And if you do pay up and they close the account - your claim still stands as it doesn't matter if an account is open/closed to reclaim penalty charges from it.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.