Leeds Mercantile court 4th October 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was one of the 6 of us who initially objected to the stay (see my thread)http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/97003-tobydoby-yorkshire-bank.html

I agree if nothing else it was good getting it off my chest and having my grievances heard by the Judge. I agree with you guys that it was a forgone conclusion that the banks would get their stays granted. Just a pity our cases were not listed 6 months ago as I believe we would have seen our dosh by now,

The Barrister who spoke for all the banks clearly knew his stuff unlike the others and the Judge seemed a really nice chap ....... that said what did not come out in the wash was I personally do not believe the OFT case will be concluded in January as if the decision goes against the banks by the time they appeal through the judicial system it could drag on and on and on ..... who knows how long??

It is my opinion that for those of us who had the courage of conviction to claim against the banks and turn up for the hearing should have had the opportunity as the other man said " to have their day in court" and have the merits of their case heard rather than be subjectively thrown into the mass OFT case.

I thought initially that the Judge was going to listen in depth to the 6 of us after the others had initially not objected to the stays

Good Luck to you all and let me know how you get on.

Tobydoby

PS I am also pursuing the YB through the Financial Ombudsman for retalitory closure of my account for claiming my charges back so if they think they have heard the last of me ....think again !!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Totally agree, i also think that if there had not been so many others objecting after we did we wouldnt have been stayed! Well done for standing your ground though. Its not over yet!!

Jenny x

Hi was anyone there who had a credit card charges claim stayed I have a hearing at teesside to remove/amend stay that the judge stayed my claim after just reading the file as identical to test case(not me thinks).

dpick:mad:

there were some cc cases there but they had been settled prior to the hearing and claimants didnt attend, their solicitors kept them seperate. You have the grounds to remove the stay...good luck!!

• 6 months later...

Hopefully! next step case conference 22nd MAy

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Its up to you, i sent a little nudge letter to the bank sols a while ago but never heard anything, hopefully the 22nd will sort things out, i'm gonna write to the judge after the 22nd.

I think we need to wait til then, there could be more news by then.

Jenny x

Hi

Yep Round 1 to us.

It will be interesting to see if all of us who were on the brink of success and made their presence known in Court get their "stays" removed so that we can finally stick the boot in. It would be great if that could happen this May.

I am hoping from a pecking order that we are first in the Queue for getting our money back .........why do I have a nasty taste in my mouth that by the time the banks appeal etc. this could take another 18/24 months. I hope I am wrong on that one.

Roll on 22 May 2008 for Round 2, can't wait for the knockout punch!!

Tobydoby

Hi, I hope so too although i'm hoping that even if A&L appeal, they did say that they would abide by the outcome of the test case in my claim, so i'm hoping that they'll payup by the end of the month...we'll see...i won't hold my breath!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, Just wondering what the outcome was on 22nd if anyone knows, from what i have seen there is nothing different really, anyone got any news?

Hi Jen

When you get to know I too would be interested to learn what's happening, nothing on OFT website !

I would also suggest the following, given the delay in settling us

1) We are paid out first whenever the result is beyond further appeal (sometime over the next 12/24 months ??) and we do not have to then wait for all the other thousands of claims that will flood the system.

2) We are paid additional interest on all money due since the date of the stay, over and above the interest we were claiming in court.

3) We are given a written letter of apology from the banks for "daylight robbery" of our hard earned money.

Obviously points 1 & 2 first.

Regards

Tobydoby

Hi, Great suggestions, i thin k what i'm gonna do is contact the courts and see what they advise, i sent a letter to A&Ls sols but no answer, i'll let u know what they say.

Jen

• 1 year later...

My Daughters case was stayed, along with 180 others at Leeds Mercantile Court.

Two things have happened recently,and I would like to ask if anyone knows what is happening ??

My Abbey Branch told me, that all those with claims would receive a letter, advising them that no repayments would be made, BUT all 'supposedly' outstanding amounts would be cancelled.As yet this has not happened.

She is now receiving letters asking for full payment and also getting Default notices etc etc.

Is the stay still in place ??? and any idea how to continue ??,any help would be appreciated.