Civil Enforcement Notice issued at McDonalds/BP Garage - Gatwick South

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Payment is the safest solution, especially if you did indeed contravene the on-site regulations.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well it's been a few weeks since we've had a PPC troll on the forums. Guess we were long overdue for one.

Needless to say haleana, you should gather from the vast majority of REAL CAG users that ignoring their waffle, and that of current TROLL Steve Picton, is the only way to go.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desparation springs to mind

Desperation? I think not, unless it is to keep himself occupied. Looks like Perky's been given time off from pie-making, is fed up of his complete lack of success on those dodgy dating sites and has come back here for a bit of sport. Trouble is its always so predictable.

Constructive criticism: Perky, change your approach a little. This head-on, bull in a china shop-type script is getting really boring. Alternatively, go back to the pie-making.

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Firstly many thanks for the advice, I read the thread when the fine first came up and decided not to honour the contract as suggested. Unfortunately I was driving my sisters car at the time and therefore the letters went to her. Despite stating what was written on these pages the third letter arrived whilst I was on holiday, my sister paniced and after losing sleep with worry paid the £150 to MET. Obviously at first I was fairly annoyed but she felt terrible about the possibility of fines / bailiff's etc. so I understand why she did. Now I find myself angry with Macdonalds, and really angry with MET. Any ideas on how to escalate this with a view to possibly getting the cash back, and if nothing else an apology for harassing an innocent third party?

Many thanks!

'we do not want people wasting our spaces waiting for friends and relatives when there are customers wanting to visit the restaurant.'

An absolutely understandable statement and probably an extremely real issue for McDonalds at that particular site.

However a totally spurious argument considering that instead of noting the infringing cars/customers and asking them to move on, the parking company continues to allow them to infringe (remain in the parking spot) therefore depriving your further customers the ability to visit.

How does that help?

'we do not want people wasting our spaces waiting for friends and relatives when there are customers wanting to visit the restaurant.'

So if I used the resturaunt and found that my car was overheating (which I explained to the management at the time who informed me there would be no problem) from which I have invoices for a new radiator issued the day after. Your comments really do not help one iota. Also it was not the initial offence that I was questioning, rather the underhand tactics used but MET combined with Macdonalds washing its hands of the whole affair.

For the record if you can tell me how Macdonalds lost £150 pounds from a 10 minute overstay in one parking space I would be extremely interested to hear your thoughts on that.