HSBC GoldCard sold debt to Robinson Way

Archangel9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now, it seems they've sold the account to BCW

Hmmm... think you actually got a win there.

If no enforceable agreement exists that allows them to share your data, then it's against the Data Protection Act.

That then leads you to the subject of enforceability.

David

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... think you actually got a win there.

If no enforceable agreement exists that allows them to share your data, then it's against the Data Protection Act.

That then leads you to the subject of enforceability.

David

Well, they told me they were going to sue, they obviously haven't as they've passed it onto another DCA, so either they know they can't win or they just don't want to spend the cash on it, I dunno.

But back to this, I need to read through the act itself so I quote some niceties for them :D

Archangel.

IMO it would cost you way too much to even try.

If you can, it might be easier to change your number. The Information Commissioner, Credit Reference Agencies, Banks, DCAs and possibly the FOS just hold hands and dance little jigs round our personal information.:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Buchanan Clark & Wells are a firm I have dealt with - they're not related to RWC as far as I know, they're a bunch of people who congregate in Glasgow and enjoy being really abusive over the phone. They shout and are very threatening and offer to send round visiting debt investigation officers and phone persistently but I haven't found them to be any more competent than any others....and I've never seen hide nor hair of a visiting officer either....

They sound about as pleasant as RWC!

Anyways, just sent em a CCA, so let's wait to see what they have to offer :D

Thanks,

A.

Edited by Archangel9
Word change :D

They sound about as pleasant as RWC!

Anyways, just sent em a CCA, so let's wait to see what they have to offer :D

Thanks,

A.

Well, here's a turn up. Got a letter from BCW this morning:

I would advise you that we are unable to obtain a copy of your credit agreements for this account. Under the circumstances your postal order for £1 has been returned...

The account has now been closed so there will be no further contact with you.

I wonder what this means? Let's see:

• Wait a few days and start getting more letters/calls from BCW?
  • They pass it back to RWC and continue getting more letters/calls from them?
  • Gets pass it back to Sainsburys and continue getting more letters/calls from them?
  • They've all added defaults and I'm screwed?
  • Get taken to court or something?

What do people think?

Thanks,

A.

• 10 months later...

Another letter, this is a "Subsequent notice of arrears" saying they've put a default on file. They keep ringing, I keep ignoring them, they've breached data protection (I've still not written em a letter to complain about that :() by giving details to another company, why won't they just fek off? What do I need to do now?

A.

they've breached data protection (I've still not written em a letter to complain about that :() by giving details to another company, why won't they just fek off? What do I need to do now?

A.

Sorry, who has broken the Data Protection Act and why do you think that?

Simply giving your details to another company doesn't breach the Data Protection Act if your agreement allows them to do that

Sorry, who has broken the Data Protection Act and why do you think that?

Simply giving your details to another company doesn't breach the Data Protection Act if your agreement allows them to do that

Earlier int he thread you'll find that I told them to remove my number, they then said they'd deleted it from their files, they then passed it onto another DCA, who then started ringing.

A.

• 5 months later...
Archangel9, are you still around to let me know what happened with this? I am in almost exactly the same position and just wondered what the outcome was?

Thanks!

Don't know, haven't heard anything from them (and hopefully won't) for ages. They're either getting ready to take me to court or they've sent it back. The only standard threats I'm getting are for the other account.

A.

Don't know, haven't heard anything from them (and hopefully won't) for ages. They're either getting ready to take me to court or they've sent it back. The only standard threats I'm getting are for the other account.

A.

Thanks for replying, I hope you dont either!

jamtastic

• 3 years later...

Got a letter today from Scotcall saying they intend to visit to recover the amount. The last time I sent any letters to robway was 21/05/2008. Obviously they've sent many to me.

What do I do now? Send http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit or the statute barred one and who to, scotcall, robway or both?

Ta.

• dx100uk changed the title to hsbc rw