hardcore vs capital1

hardcore_alleigh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after being hounded everyday for missing a payment on my credit card, i decided that enough was enough and to claim back a few more charges. i asked for my statements to be sent when one advisor called me, and today they have turned up and not had to pay a penny :D

so tonight i'l be totalling them up and off the letter goes :) any advice i may need?

Alleigh vs Halifax - £2213 settled :D

Capital One seem to offer the difference between what you paid and £12 per charge. It is very tempting when their letter arrives. You need to decide what to do after that. Don't expect an offer to refund the rest of the charges at the first attempt.

But also don't let them pull the wool over your eyes by claiming that the OFt say they can charge £12. If what they charged you is more than their losses caused by your late payment or whatever, then it is unlawful even if it is 12p.

well i have totalled up £300 in £20 charges upto Sept 2006, and charges after that are set at £12, grand total being £475. THis is a substantial amount as the limit is £800 and im nearly maxxed out after being unemployed recently.

Need to get myself a printer and get the prelim sent off. I was patient with the Halifax and managed to claw back £2214. Im currently in the midst of claiming back £250 from HSBC, and this culd REALLY help my financial situ.

Any news on the test case yet?

Alleigh vs Halifax - £2213 settled :D

Hiya,

Yes the PO Box just means that they are taken to a particular point in the building. Mine have all been signed for. Always send every letter recorded. Good luck enjoy queuing at the PO in the morning LOL.

Woody

Hi hardcore you will get payout as long as you follow the process used here and have a look at some of the particulars of claim used on various threads in capital one forum I found loads just by going into capital one forum then using the search forum tool with "particulars" as the search option. I would start preparing LBA and POC now as you will have to do them and it gives you a chance to check for daft mistakes we all make.

You will of course get capital one's daft letters of we feel our charges are legit etc then goodwill offer of approx 10% to 20% then we will not increase this is our final offer, just keep going using process and time-frames here and they will then settle in full before a court date.

all the best dpick:)

• Haha 1