Creepy-Crawlies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went to get the washing in last night (just about the first time I have been able to dry washing outside this year!), which was a load of bath towels, and they were covered in earwigs! *shudders*

I have never seen that many around, is it just me and my garden? Is there a natural reason? Anyone else has had the same thing?

I can cope with spiders and most bugs, but this really creeped me out. :(

Yep, lots of earwigs about this year Bookie. But no wasps :confused: .......

......and where did all these slugs come from ? they've ate Mrs Lex's garden :mad:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Urgh I hate bugs! Have no idea why you'd have loads of earwigs on your towels though - maybe they were going for the water in them as there's been no rain?? I don't know.

Cant stand tommy spinners they freak me out!! At least thats what they're called where I live - jimmy spinners, or daddy long legs that fly or just crane fly which is the proper name.

I feel sick just typing the names! I think its a phobia of bugs with overly long legs....

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Good, hope they stay there !!! (sorry calm1)

I had one get behind my glass's last year while I was riding the quad, there was a moment of 'blind' panic, I can tell you.........

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You don't want to meet my daughter then, she's got 36 inch inside leg! :D

As long as her body's not the same size as a pin head then that's ok...

Its the totally out of proportion leg length to body size that I dont like. And the fact that they can fly, and they know that I hate them which makes them chase me and purpously fly into my house Arrrggghh!!!

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Guest Aviva Support

eeww this post just gave me the shivers!

We have a wasps nest outside our window and i've just come back from guide camp where we were surrounded by crawlie things!

It was my friend in London who had the wasps........ They had made a nest under her lavender bush (in a pot) and she thought it was wilting. She went to water it and all of a sudden whoosh - hundreds of the bug-gers!!! I don't like crawlies either - I have had a lot of earwigs too - don't know where they came from either!

As for "Daddy Longlegs" - I remember when I was about five, being pinned down and having them shoved down my back inside a t-shirt - it was horrid! I am still having counselling for that!!!!

The most annoying thing, IMO, are the midges in your hair - itch, itch, itch. It is crap enough in the summer (especially this year) without those bugs annoying you on the few occasions that you may be able to enjoy your garden.........:mad:

Bookie - earwigs seem to like them pegs and other spaces - infact anywhere they can find to hide. Oh! and apparently we're expecting a mozzy invasion - bound to find me, got blue blood you know;) daughter & son been bit already, just waiting for the new look for this year. Polka dot itchy spots.

Come on guys - how many of you like ants, I mean ants not the antz type things of kids films that are quite endearing, I mean the horrible bitey, itchy, scratchy, bitey things that invade homes to get at a nano bit of sweet stuff and won't let you lie out on any grass to have a picnic or sunbathe without biting. Bad thing is I've got the red b's in my lawn they're the worst. Just love the boiling kettle!! Chucks help as well.

Sorry bad memories as kid, covered in them and all that. EEEEK!

Rant over for now:D

Ok, here comes the ants horror story:

I grew up in a very rural part of France, small village, school, canteen, benches holding 30 kids on each side, and food served in those HUGE aluminium pots.

One of the puddings we used to get was stewed prunes in juice. One day, they brought the pots, took off the lids... and we noticed that the contents were moving! :shock:

There were THOUSANDS of the blighters in there, and of course, as they're the same colour as the prune syrup, all you could see was the movement and not the individual ants. have never quite recovered from the experience.

Not earwigs, but beetles for some reason.

My neighbour came round to ask me if I was infested with the little sods like he was, but at the time I wasn't.

I mowed the (2 foot hight) lawn last weekend (as it was the first weekend in about 4 months where it's not been raining - I'm not THAT lazy!), and now I'm infested with the buggers too.

I think they liked living in the grass.

PS. Talking of ants, I used to live In Brisbane and if you got bitten by a *green ant* you bloody knew about it I can tell you!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Mozzies are the bane of my life.

As insects, they don't bother me, but I am allergic to their bite. They land on a bit of bare skin.... so lightly that you don't notice.

Then they bite and in goes the proboscis...... finer than any insulin needle. You just don't know they're there until you see them.

TOO LATE..... :eek:

I'VE BEEN BITTEN AGAIN. The mozzie will never bite again....it's been splatted.

I watch the skin swell into a hard and excrutiatingly itchy lump, which lasts for a couple of days, usually.

I once got bitten on both hands. Right hand swelling so bad that I couldn't bend my thumb or fingers. Left hand bitten on the knuckles. I very nearly had to have my wedding ring cut off because the circulation in my finger was reduced.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I have scars on my legs where I got bitten by mosquitoes in Equatorial Africa, they don't land lightly, they're like bloody Boeings! :razz: And of course, the bite will more often than not go septic. :mad:

Pah - that's nothing.

When it used to rain in Brisbane, we used to shelter under their wings - all 26 of us.

Then we'd eat gravel for breakfast and come home after 25 hours a day down mill, and get thrashed with broken glass until we fell asleep....

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi there everyone:) ,

Was having a family barbi last nite, and had been cooking ok on the berbi for at least an hour when suddenly it was covered with ANTS [big ones , flying ones and little tiny ones] all scrambling like mad, cannot understand why they had not come out before this as the barbi was really hot,needless to say no-one fancied the grub until we had eradicated all the little blighters by turning the hose on full jet and blasting them away, my main hate is them HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOD LICE WHICH i CALL ARMIDILLOS, THEY REALLY DO GIVE ME THE HEEBY JEEBIES, even the dogs refuse to go near theses pesky things:lol: :lol: