keren29 v Abbey ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I feel a bit sick with shock.

I've just added them up . From when I became ill mid 2001 until when I'd sorted out my finances the end of 2003, I incurred £2,734.50 charges.

So that's on top of the £610 from this year.

Need a few minutes to take that in - I'm really shocked.

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok......breathing deeply now to try to keep calm after findiing out the figure ........

What is the best way forward?

I will be looking to file a claim for £610 on the 5th July (can't see them paying it back so this will be the 15th day after the LBA)

and, I now have the £2,734.50 as well. Should I start with the prelim letter/LBA/separate claim and keep the two claims separate?

Or, should I send the prelim letter for the second claim, then the LBA, then add the two together and file one joint claim which will probably be in about 6 weeks??

Any thoughts would be appreciated how to now move forwards.

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

sorry to be a pain, but can anyone help with what to do next? keep the two claims running separately, or hang fire with the first one and let the second one 'catch up' then go one long big claim??

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

Hi Keren. Wait until the 1st claim has been settled, then start the next one, otherwise Abbey could claim your claim does not fall under the small claims remit.

Good luck!

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

I've sent the prelim letter - is that ok then? Both added together plus the interest would come in at under £5,000?

• Confused 1

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

I've been trying to find a schedule of the court charges and think I must be going mad as I can't find it!! I've looked everywhere - must be the heat getting to me! :|

If I go for the two amouts separately, can anyone tell me how much each claim will cost me to file (610+interest and 2,734.50 +interest)?

And, if I add the two claims together after doing the LBA on the second claim, the total with interest will be approx 3,500 - how much will it be to file a claim for this amount?

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

thankyou barracad - you are a star :D

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

had a letter in reply my (claim 1 ) LBA today from the Head of Complaints Marc Winder, saying just received details of my complaint/important to resolve complaint quickly/need 4 weeks blah blah blah. I guess a few of you out there will have had the same letter?!

They have three days left then I can file a claim - press on undeterred??

Wait until claim 2 catches up? Both in total add up to less than £5k.

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

karen, may i say that i havent come across this thread before ( dont know why).

well i could not stop laughing at a earlier post you made saying you were going to the bank to pick up a schedule of their charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is something i would do also ....:oops: and im so glad you are so honest, (are you still on the medication??)!! just wondering !!

well no doubt you will have blisters on your fingers by the end of the day when you have calculated your charges.!!

good luck lisaxx:D

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

I know........my brain was so muddled with everything else going on, I thought it meant I had to include one of their own leaflets!! Doh!!

Luckily the spreadsheet speeded things up, but I need to input Claim 1 onto it so it calculates the 8% interest in the next day or so well, unless they refund it all to me tomorrow - oh look, there's flying pig!! :D

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

yes i can see it too !! (pig that is) oh he looks like my bank manager!!!

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

Help!!!!!!

i'm filling in my online claim and am getting a bit stuck.

Where it says about Human Rights, is it Yes or No?

Reserve the right to claim interest - I've put Yes and it gives me the text to add. At the end of the text it says

"and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}. "

Do I keep this bit in? If so, what do I put as the daily interest rate?

And, in the amount claimed, do I put in the amount of charges (610), or do I put in amount of charges plus the 8% interest? (610+12.93)

I really want to get it right !

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

Human rights = no

Daily rate of interest = claim amount (excluding interest and court fees) x 0.00022

Amount claimed = claim amount + 8% interest.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

my claim (excluding interest etc) is £610, so my daily interest rate would be 610 x 0.00022 = 0.1342 = daily rate of 0.13%?

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

No. It would be £0.13

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

oooh, right , ok, thankyou!!!!!

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

one claim filed for £610 plus interest!!

Bring it on!!!! (said from my hiding place behind the sofa!)

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

nice one, you can come out now !! you cant undo it !!!

lisaxx

ABBEY

1/6 LBA SENT

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

I've just phoned the abbey and apparently there is £118 coming out of my acount tomorrow in charges. A slight shock to put it mildly as I thought it was going to be about £40.

So, can I add this month's charges onto my Abbey claim 2? I've sent a prelim letter so far, can I add on the £118 on the LBA?

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

You can keep adding charges on right until you start your court claim.

excellent - I'll add them onto the claim 2 schedule of charges when I do the LBA next week. Thankyou , although it is a real pain in the bum because it's messed up my budgeting no end .

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

oh heck..........have I used the wrong address for the Abbey on my claim? I used the registered head office address off their headed paper - the Triton Square London address, should I have used a different one? There's a Prescott Street one I've just seen in London.

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

The Head Office address is fine.

phew...........panic over........

Abbey - Claim 1

Abbey (Claim 2)

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

Capital One (claim 2)

Associates (Citicards)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks