Argos Card & JB Debt Recovery

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With Argos it seems you have to run the relay race of the DCA's where your so called account gets passed on and on. But if you contact Argos directly, they totally ignore you. But how can they ignore an account they keep passing onto DCA after DCA?

Time we stood up to them? Time we take them to court to put up or shut up? I'm game if you are. I was made redundant a few weeks back, so have lots of time on my hands. Not sure about legal costs and things, but with the right advice and backing from peeps who are sick of Argos and their crap. I'll stick my neck out if you lot are willing to help with research, legal advice and moral support.

Scary thing to do, but in the end it could help a lot of CAG members. Not just now but in the future.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Argos it seems you have to run the relay race of the DCA's where your so called account gets passed on and on. But if you contact Argos directly, they totally ignore you. But how can they ignore an account they keep passing onto DCA after DCA?

Time we stood up to them? Time we take them to court to put up or shut up? I'm game if you are. I was made redundant a few weeks back, so have lots of time on my hands. Not sure about legal costs and things, but with the right advice and backing from peeps who are sick of Argos and their crap. I'll stick my neck out if you lot are willing to help with research, legal advice and moral support.

Scary thing to do, but in the end it could help a lot of CAG members. Not just now but in the future.

Fuzzy

whats the deal with your case then dude?

Have you got a thread going on this ?

Im sure if you have an agreement that is defective then we can help you do the job on them so to speak, may even be able to bob along to the court with you so , no probs there

Regards

paul

Fuzzy

whats the deal with your case then dude?

Have you got a thread going on this ?

Im sure if you have an agreement that is defective then we can help you do the job on them so to speak, may even be able to bob along to the court with you so , no probs there

Regards

paul

Well Argos ignored my CCA request, formal complaints and letters with the DCA's. And none came up with anything. Usually as soon as I point this out they go quiet or send the sheepish, "returning account to client" letter. So I have had no agreement dispite 3 requests for it.

I'll dig out all the letters and give you all dates of what happened when with all the DCA's, and send you a PM.

Most of my Argos history is on NP's thread, as I didn't start one of my own. too busy helping others on CAG and making videos to start one. :(

I also have a mountain of stuff with halifax card regarding dodgy CCA PPI and laughable default notice.

Both Argos and Halifax aren't urgent, but would be nice to spend my free time to stick my neck out and win a court case that other CAG members can use in their defence, (like certain other pending cases on here) ;)

but I lost my job recently, so don't have the money to fight them, unless I can claim exempt from court fees. But I will do what I can if it will help CAG members as a result.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Sounds interesting fuzzy, me awld bobbly mate, as long as you don`t get you gluteus maximas kicked.

I, myself, do have a CCA, albeit a rather dodgy one which is pretty much unreadable, so I think it must be a copy of a microfiche. Do they still need the original in Court? Caggers say they do, is their any legislation which supports this?

I wrote to Argos directly and asked them just who these clowns are they were sending after me, as they weren`t registered with Companies House, or had a different name, I can`t remember which. Argos wrote back saying well, they are our errrmmmm...... agent`s who need to be paid and ARE registered with Companies House etc. The next thing it goes quiet and then I here from some bloke called `Richard Cranium` from MIL, but then the question is `Who the hell are MIL?` What sort of silly name is that? I can`t take that serious!

Feel free to post up on here anything you need, it`s all in good nature. Anything to defeat the enemy of all things good :p

I once had respect for Argos as a `decent` shop, but that went out the window quite a while back, probably when I first heard from `Morecrap DR`.

Any idea what your plan of attack is? Or are you keeping hush hush for now?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi NP

Mine is now with Cabot to and fro they keep sending me Application form and seperate TCs I keep telling them to get lost have used some of your letters from your thread. Keep up the good work

Pecky1;)

Just received my Argos card CCA today and it is an application form. Do i start a new thread so that i can scan it up to see if it is unenforceable. How do i start a new thread, sorry i am new to this site, but am so far amazed at the advice given!!

thanks

johno23

Hi johno23,

No worries. Welcome to CAG. We all have a common enemy on here, and like to help each other out when we can.

At the top of this screen you will see The Consumer Forums > The Consumer Forums Debt Action Group> Debt Collection Industrynavbits_finallink_ltr.gif Argos Card & JB Debt Recovery

This means my thread is in the Debt Collection Industry Forum, which is probably the best place for you.

Simply click on the Debt Collection Industry link and it will take you there. Somewhere on the bottom of that screen will be a `New Thread` or something similar type button, give it a click and away you go. When you`ve started your new thread, feel free to come back on here and paste a link to your thread for us to check in on you.

Don`t forget to scan up your CCA and edit out any identifying features.

Have fun with your campaign of terror against these empty heads. If you need any help, support, cup of tea or whatever, just SHOUT!

Ciao for now ;)

Regards

N.P

Edited by N.P
Dodgy grammar, spelling and ..................

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Thanks for your help!! I feel so supported already!

I have managed to apply a link to my Argos CCA thread if anyone has anytime to offer advice on how to begin my fight against the creditors!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/189936-argos-cca-received.html

many thanks to all!!

Edited by johno23

• 1 month later...

Evening fans,

Right, we have another update on this, in fact from about 10 mins ago.

Some crank rang our number and asked for me by name, I asked who it was and they wouldn`t tell me, except for the caller`s name. He needed my name first, so he then said if I was going to play silly games he would put everything in the post and let me deal with it on the door step.

So, I rang this number back, and another person answered. I said some bell end from that number has just rang me and wouldn`t say what the company was. The person said it was a debt collector, I said nooooo, not another one, who is it this time? He said it was MIL.

I asked him what he wanted, and he said I owed Argos a substantial amount of money, I then said and what has that got to do with you? FA! I said.

He said as I was being difficult he would put everything in the post and let me deal with it on the doorstep, and that they would get the money somehow.

I said I owe you FA, you have proved FA, so will get FA! He replied `Oh my god, what a loser!` So, I said listen to me you little insignificant little prick, DO NOT RING ME AGAIN! He said they will ring me everyday untill I get the money.

What do you think people?

N.P

Right,

Evening people. Another UPDATE.

This morning I received another letter from some knob jockey at MIL Collections. This time it`s a Notice Of Intention To Issue A `21 Day Statutory Demand`.

It goes on to say the above named client instructed us to consider a statutory demand under section 268(1)a) of the Insolvency Act 1986.

It reads I am warned that following service of a statutory demand I will have 21 days to apply to avoid the following actions to be taken, then the usual bankruptcy stuff.

I have 7 days from the 20.4.09, yet these dicks posted the letter 2nd class, I just received it this morning.

I haven`t actually wrote to these gimps yet, as their letter`s seemed very amateurish, although this warrants a Special Delivery, I think.

Any idea`s people?

Maybe the usual letter of dispute?

I`ll scan up the letter tomorrow evening.

Thanks.

N.P

Hi NP,

I sent my 'Account in serious dispute' letter to MIL around a week ago so I think they're probably pondering that at the mo'. I think you should do that as it could buy you some time.

As soon as I get my reply I will let you know so you know what to expect.

xx

Hi people,

This is my first posting in the Debt Forums and I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Yesterday I received a letter from Moorcroft regarding my Argos account.

This account stands at around £2600, I`m not sure exactly as I haven`t received a statement for a month or two and I paid £200 from my online banking last month, so I`m not sure if it went through.

I ran into some money problems with bank charges, some of which I have reclaimed, but these charges caused me all sort of other debt problems, and now Moorcroft are getting in on the act.

The letter reads (MS Word Scan)

Dear xx xxxxxxx

We are agents of ARGOS CARD, and work with them to collect payment against uncleared accounts.

Our clients records show that your account has an outstanding balance of £2677.12. They have therefore, asked us to contact you to arrange payment. I will be grateful if you would forward your payments to us within the next 7 days. Please make your cheque payable to “Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd’ and quote the Moorcroft reference number as stated above.

If you are unable to pay in full it is essential you or your formal representative contacts our offices to discuss payment of this account within the next 7 days to avoid us or our client taking further steps to recover your debt.

You can contact us to discuss your account by telephoning 0161 475 2812 so that we can assist you.

Please note that as we have had to resort to sending this letter and as per the terms and conditions of your agreement we have added £12.00 to the above balance.

Please do not ignore this letter.

Yours sincerely,

A.J. Martin

Debt Recovery Manager

I beleive there may also be some late or missed payment charges on this account and I was wondering the following:

Should I state the amount is now in Dispute and ask them to stop bugging me before they star?

Could I send Argos an S.A.R to get my account history? Would this give me more time to try and sort something out?

Could I also refuse to have any dealings with Moorcroft as my account was with Argos and I will deal with Argosm and Argos alone?

Could I also state that the £12 added on charge is extortionate and unlawfull? My letters are fully manual and cost me around 50p a time to print, package and send.

As Argos have past my account details onto a Debt Collection Agency, is this not a breach of the Data Protection Act as they have past this information onto a third party?

Has anyone anymore Idea`s how to put these people off?

I would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks in advance.

N.P.

P.S. This site is awsome, it`s like having your very own arsenal at your disposal to use against the parasites of the world.

GREAT BRITAIN SPEND THE NUMBER THEN BLAME SOMEBODY ELSE

I had MIL collections a few weeks ago chasing an Argos account. They operate from a small business unit on an industrial estate. (google earth and potcodes are useful things.)

No threat of an SD though. They vanished after I sent the account in dispute letter and a list of al the other DCA's who hae failed to provide a CCA.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Right,

Here it is boys and girls.

I don`t think they liked my telephone manner :p

MIL2.jpg

Answers on a postcard please.

N.P

Right,

Here it is boys and girls.

I don`t think they liked my telephone manner :p

MIL2.jpg

Answers on a postcard please.

N.P

well first off its 18 days so they are a weeee bit off there

secondly

if they issue a stat demand they will struggle as the demand can and most likely will be set aside as the matter is disputed

Strange as MIL Collections have been trying in vain to collect something on my old Argos account, but no SD threatened for me.

But mine is only £900 and has about £300 of charges and interested on the charges added.

No CCA yet and a dodgy DN too.

Not heard from MIL for ages, so anytime now another DCA will be appearing

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S