Argos Card & JB Debt Recovery

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's been 4 weeks now since JB last contacted me. Hopefully they've gone the same was as all the others who can't produce an CCA for Argos. :D

Yep the videos do take a while to do, but lots of fun also. Anything that makes people aware that DCAs are nothing to be intimidated by, has to be a good thing.

Couple of new ones coming in the next few days.

Uncle Bob and Uncle Charles from 1st Credit get to appear on Judge Judy. The case is called "Bob's mum, the missing rent, and the bottle of urine".

The second is a collection of calls to Capital One using soundboards from Borat, Judge Judy, and Sesame Street. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks!

I got another letter from JB just before christmas offering me a much reduced f&f settlement. I didn't reply though as I was busy concentrating on christmas thingies.

I need to decide if I should CCA them or just cut to the chase and say the account has been in dispute for months. Decisions, decisions.....I think I'll leave it until tomorrow, (still in christmas mode :D).

xx

Hi there Help48xxx,

Could you please start your own thread regarding your Argos Account?

Scan up all the letters you receive from these cranks for us to check out, don`t forget to edit out any identifying features.

Post a link to your thread on my thread so I can easily find it and follow it.

Regards

N.P

It's been 4 weeks now since JB last contacted me. Hopefully they've gone the same was as all the others who can't produce an CCA for Argos. :D

Yep the videos do take a while to do, but lots of fun also. Anything that makes people aware that DCAs are nothing to be intimidated by, has to be a good thing.

Couple of new ones coming in the next few days.

Uncle Bob and Uncle Charles from 1st Credit get to appear on Judge Judy. The case is called "Bob's mum, the missing rent, and the bottle of urine".

The second is a collection of calls to Capital One using soundboards from Borat, Judge Judy, and Sesame Street. :D

HI FB,

I hope you had a good Christmas.

I can`t wait for the next installment of your Fuzzy goes bobbling video`s.

Let me know when they are ready to view.

Just a quick question, do you appear in one of your video`s in person? I think it`s the DCA training one, or something like that. I got the feeling you were the person in a Hoodie shouting at the camera, the guy that looked like a smack head, no offense there mate, it`s just the voice and accent seemed to match the video`s narration which I assume is yourself, Heh heh :p

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

The swearing hoodie in the video is Devvo or Devo. Quite a few of them on Youtube. I think he was a character in a comedy sketch show, but not sure which one. I used the clip because he fitted in with the DCA staff type of stereotype I wanted to portray. You were right with the narration, I did that myself. My cousin was too shy to do it, as she thought by doing it she would get DCA letters herself. :rolleyes:

In February I am planning a video where I do appear in person.

If you can't wait until then, check out this Google video I did with a ghost hunting team about 2 years ago.

The Most Haunted Parody - "Sort of Haunted

It's a parody of Most Haunted. We filmed it all, then I spent a year learning video editing. :eek:

See if you can guess which one is me. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 4 weeks later...

Hi N.P

how are you have things gone dead for you. You have not seem to have posted anything else on. hope its all gone ok.

We just dealing with lowell portfolli as from yesterday they sent mum a letter to say they have bought mums littlewoods acoount so we will find a letter to send to these as you call them morons

see ya

Pigsic

Hi Lisa,

Good to here from you again.

Nope, I haven`t heard a single thing from these bell ends since my last post. In fact I haven`t heard anything from Lloyds TSB regarding my other accounts, in the same amount of time. I`m just enjoying the peace at the moment, although I do get bored now and again, sad eh? ;) I`m expecting some more static from someone, sometime though.

I`ve had a couple of dealings with Lowell. They bought an account which I never paid up on and demanded payment. After I sent them my prove it, smack heads` letter, I then wrote to them explaining since they now owned the alleged debt they can pay me back the charges and profit making PPI which was added on to rip me off.

They seemed to have done a runner now, waggling their little joysticks.

Ciao for now :p

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• 1 month later...

Dear me,

Who are these clowns now? What do they want?

I don`t see a real address on there, just a silly little PO box number. How annoying :rolleyes:

MIL1.jpg

Could a member of the site team change my thread title please?

Has anyone had any dealings with this idiots?

Thanks for looking people.

N.P

Dear mr Edwards

thank you for your concern about my finances, i am grateful. however, i would strongly suggest that you channel your concerns into asking your client where the enforceable credit agreement is for this account as i have been asking for it for an inordinant amount of time but to no avail.

im sure i dont need to tell you the implications of no enforceable credit agreement do i , as you are a consumer credit licence holder yourselves, so you will be aware of the effects of an unenforceable agreement.

should you or any of your employees attend my home they will be instructed to leave as tresspassers and if they refuse will be either forceably ejected or the police will be called for a breach of the peace caused by your staff.

i trust this makes the matter clear for you

regards

:D

Hah hah! A friend of yours is he PT?

Think I`ll send them that, I like it.

I`ll put they `will be forceably ejected with a few slaps aside the head`. ;)

I must admit, Argos are persistant, or is that persistent?

It seems after I wrote to Argos directly about those ding dongs at Debt Managers, who clearly couldn`t manage a hand job, they have now sent the account to these bum holes. Life is just an endless torment :confused:

Why not remind MIL that they need to comply with the Companies Act 2006. Here's the information they've unlawfully missed off their letterhead:

Registered office:

WOODLANDS COURT, TRURO BUSINESS

PARK, TRURO

CORNWALL

TR4 9NH

Their correspondence address is:

Palace Building

Quay Street

TRURO

Cornwall

TR1 2HE

This is it. They just have an office in the building:

thumb.aspx?img=dbimages\C3176.jpg&h=320&w=320

According to their entry on the OFT database, MIL's 'legal formation' status is as a charity or trade union - could they have provided incorrect information? I strongly suspect that 'Paul Edwards' is really Alan or Karina Davis, the pair that own the company. As if operating a DCA wasn't enough, MIL are apparently also marketing consultants - what busy people!

Mmmm, interesting SP.

Where do you find this info?

So, are they just a bunch of cowboys? Is that what your trying to say?

Thanks for that! ;)

I could add something to PT`s cheeky little letter about your findings

Maybe I should write and ask Argos where they find these plonkers?

Paul Edwards could be their `Bouncer` who comes around ya house and knacks ya? :cool:

Would you believe it. I had the same letter from MIL on saturday. That's dca speak for letters arriving on sa...turd...ay. Giving 72 hours notice and dating them as posted on The tuesday. :D Just in the vain hope you panic a little bit.

I have a feeling that Argos are getting a little bit desperate and hard up for the fees that proper DCA's charge.

Been online and hardly anything comes up worthwhile about them.

We need some real DCA's to play with. Or just send them to uncle bob at 1st Credit, so we can have some real fun.

OK N.P. we need a plan of action here. How shall we deal with the wrath of MIL Collections and their amaturish letters?

Do I text my so called account number to a mobile, hoping they'll call back, try to pay with a christmas card, or be a vunerable debtor and give in to their demands because they're above the law and laws and OFT guidelines don't apply in my case?

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Why not remind MIL that they need to comply with the Companies Act 2006. Here's the information they've unlawfully missed off their letterhead:

Registered office:

WOODLANDS COURT, TRURO BUSINESS

PARK, TRURO

CORNWALL

TR4 9NH

Their correspondence address is:

Palace Building

Quay Street

TRURO

Cornwall

TR1 2HE

This is it. They just have an office in the building:

thumb.aspx?img=dbimages\C3176.jpg&h=320&w=320

According to their entry on the OFT database, MIL's 'legal formation' status is as a charity or trade union - could they have provided incorrect information? I strongly suspect that 'Paul Edwards' is really Alan or Karina Davis, the pair that own the company. As if operating a DCA wasn't enough, MIL are apparently also marketing consultants - what busy people!

Their registered office is a unit on a business park that consists of one building. (I love google earth lol) Also known as a warehouse too big for them to afford, so they have to share it with a few others, because it's cheaper that way.

To think Argos have resorted to this. :p

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

HI Fuzzy,

Thanks for the posts mate.

Maybe Argos have used these `cheapo agencies` lately thinking they will ignore all the rules and regs and do a dodgy `underground` job on us, instead of playing by the book.

We could write to them and let them know what information they `forgot` to add to their letters and ask them if they are a `real` DCA or Marketing Consultants, as SP stated.

We could also ask them `who the hell is Paul Edwards, Alan & Karina Davis?`

Start the letter `Dear Paul `Empty Head` Edwards` :p

I love this bit from their erm...."threat-o-gram" Do DCA's really think this rubbish works anymore?

"Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter and attend to this notice immediately as this will be your final opportunity."

Ok so they got some 15 year old girl on work experience who happens to have MS Office 2007 (at home) and has almost worked out the spelling and grammer checker over the last 3 years. :D

Ok, I totally underestimated the matter. You posted it tuesday, I got it on saturday, still not bothered to reply to such an important demand...... It's 9 mins from monday morning.....

Ok, I'll reply eventually..........:roll:

But MIL Collections, don't expect it to be profitable. :p

Keep the 15 year old trainee off the Jaffa Cakes and feed her on Asda Smartprice digestives instead....A letter from fuzzybobble will be winging it's way over to you by carrier snail when I can be bothered to reply.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Add me to the list of people who have received the very same letter from MIL. I have responded in the same way as I did with all the other no-hopers that Argos have tried to set on me. I haven't received the CCA and it appears they can't produce it, so it looks like Argos are indeed desperate.

xx

Hi Help48xxx,

Thanks for the post mate.

I DID receive a CCA but it`s a seriously bad copy which is unreadable. I beleive it`s a copy of a Microfiche or something else is seriously dated.

I`m not going to bother responding to these empty heads unless I get something interesting from them.

HOW DARE THEY CONTACT ME AND ASK ME FOR MONEY! They aren`t even a real DCA.

Thanks again :p

N.P

Great thread NP enjoyable read. My argos application form went straight to cabot and as these alledged debts only get passed downwards to dca,s mine cant it started at the bottom lol.

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.

No worries NP,

Argos are grasping at straws methinks. So let them keep sending uninformed DCA's our way and we'll keep batting them back!

Personally I'm not at all worried about Argos as they haven't got Jack Schmidt to back up the alleged debt. I think I am now on DCA no 5 with Argos and not one of them has gotten anywhere with me.

Keep the faith!

xx

HI shredder,

Thanks for the post. Welcome aboard my Argos thread to nowhere :rolleyes:

No doubt there will be plenty more silly letters to read at some point

N.P

No worries NP,

Argos are grasping at straws methinks. So let them keep sending uninformed DCA's our way and we'll keep batting them back!

Personally I'm not at all worried about Argos as they haven't got Jack Schmidt to back up the alleged debt. I think I am now on DCA no 5 with Argos and not one of them has gotten anywhere with me.

Keep the faith!

xx

5? Is that all?

I think I`m on number 6 now, heh heh, maybe 7 if you include `Bryan Carter Solicitors, another total empty head, with a errrmmmm.......... empty head :D

I feel ive been lucky really mine went to cabot in 2007 and after the usual back and forth with letters have not heard anything since jan, so who knows whats next. Anyway good luck with your fight.

Cabot have been my friends for 2 years(EDIT) Sent packing statute barred.

past due credit have been friends for 1 week(EDIT) Sent back to arrow, now statute barred.