Fox Mulder vs Monument *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm already close to a court date on my first-ever claim, against First Direct, but I sent off my SAR letter to Monument recently and got my statements in the post three days later. Not bad going. They also returned my £10 cheque.

Of course the accompanying letter is the usual formulaic guff.... :-)

I'm just wondering, with the whole CI thing now in flux and turmoil, am I right in thinking that while we can no longer - until or unless some new avenue is found instead of mutuality and reciprocity -go for CI with bank accounts, we can with credit card accounts?

If so, I'm already adept at the whole spreadsheet lark so all I need to find out is what interest rate I use to charge Monument... Any help appreciated! Thank you.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Thanks! I sent off my preliminary request for payment today, familiar territory now although I know each institution has its own ways of behaving. So it's now a case of wait-and-see...

And B's way is slow slow slow. And then still try to fob you off some more

• 3 weeks later...

They've offered to settle at, remarkably, almost the amount I was claiming. Given the uncertainties following the non-consumer-protecting love-in between the government bodies and the banks, meaning many claims won't be heard for over a year, I'm giving serious thought to accepting the settlement offer. I don't want to be waiting a year just to get my case heard in court, more to the point, I can't afford - which is why the new arrangement is so unfair on consumers. The banks, of course, will save millions this year...

By comparison, Capital One is monstrous to deal with: rude, unyielding, horrible.

Wow Fox, in the light of recent events, that's quite something.

Have they put the offer in writing? As soon as they have, it's almost certain they will honour it even if they stall and you have to proceed to court - any settlement offer dated from now onwards cannot reasonably be retracted by bank on the basis of awaiting the OFT Test Case.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.