MIS-CLAIM TUTORIAL or HOW NOT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MB,

I see your point about the different lay outs, but are we not ALL entitled to the same help???? Whether it's laid in the correct manner or not?

After all our predicaments are the same in no whatever lay out! The bank still send letters etc... The stress levels are still the same!!

I can say with my hand on my heart, that the person that has helped me has saved me from insanity!!!

Never once have they said I've laid it out in the wrong manner or too difficult to read!!! But taken the time to encourage & advise me on the next step forward.

Yes LTP, everyone is entitled to the same help. That's what CAG is here for. I notice that you haven't had any help yourself on the CAG forums, and while it's great you've found support elsewhere, it can help to get a number of different views to help make a more informed decision on what your next move should be.

With all due respect to the person helping you, if there is a mistake in the advice there's no-one else to put it right.

There can be occasions when people don't get the advice they hope for, and that can lead to misunderstandings. Personally, I'd far rather be aware of the facts, than go blindly on and land myself with more problems than I started with.

I would ask anyone who notices someone isn't getting the help they should expect on CAG to do something about it. Sometimes a word of support or encouragement can go a long way, and it also bumps the post up so others may spot it. The more you move around the site, the easier it is to navigate, and the more you learn. If all else fails report it for the site team to see if they can help out.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Very worrying, but I find myself yet again agreeing with MB!

Let's put this into non-cyber perspective, shall we?

If you were talking to someone face to face for advice, and you were mumbling, going back and forth, making no head or tail of your story, would you object to them asking you to slow down, start from the start and articulate as much as you can?

No-one is expecting anyone to be able to write like Jane Austen. And yes, some people have difficulties in spelling etc...

BUT, with all due respect, there is no excuse for not hitting a return key to create paragraphs, and there IS a spellcheck right there above where one types ---> spelling.gif (that bit, requires installation of a small plugin), and if anyone can access this site, one has to assume they have mastered the basic click-on skills, right?

So no, at the risk of sounding snobbish or whatever else, I don't expect people to necessarily know whether it's "who" or "whom" and not to split their infinitives.

But yes, I do expect a minimum of paragraphs, no txt spk, and there you have it.

For those who see themselves as victimised by the tyranny of people like MB and myself, let me ask you how do you feel about imposing that burden on people with dyslexia, who already struggle with words as it is? I can't speak for MB, but I suffer from migraines (as people who know me can testify). And yes, it can take very little to trigger it, and unfortunately for the avid reader that I am, the written word is often a catalyst.

So I'll stick my neck out and say it: If I see a long thread with no paragraph, no punctuation, I'll read it once. If I don't understand it after that first reading, I'll move on. I don't mind helping, but I'm damned if I am going to do it at my health's expense. In the same way, I wouldn't dream of answering a post without punctuation or paragraphs.

Oh, and I can also tell you, with years of experience in customer services, that the same applies to wherever you write: If you don't make the effort to write it legibly, people won't make the effort to read it properly. Sorry, but that's a fact.

I was taught a long, long time ago that punctuation and paragraphs are a text's *breathing* spaces. It allows you to stop, take in what you have just read, and harmonises with your own breathing. As a Frenchwoman, I know I tend to over-punctuate, but that's me.

Finally, this is for Spammy: You should NEVER be afraid to speak up and voice your opinion on here. If you don't agree, say so, that's ok. I have been at loggerheads with some people and found myself repping them in the next thread, and likewise, my rep panel has comments from people you'd least expect it.

Long and short of it is, to everyone, stop taking it personally and think common courtesy, both ways. I find that it does goes a long, long way. ;-)

Have a great Bank Holiday everyone. :-)

Bookster, totally agree with you, but as I can't rep in BG will simply post my agreement with the comments you have made.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Gosh, you, MB and I all agreeing with one another, this is getting quite a worry. :razz:

Don't u start cos they'll b touble, innit:p

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Finally, this is for Spammy: You should NEVER be afraid to speak up and voice your opinion on here. If you don't agree, say so, that's ok. I have been at loggerheads with some people and found myself repping them in the next thread, and likewise, my rep panel has comments from people you'd least expect it.

My dearRoyal Slitheriness Queen Bookworm.

When it comes to banter... I'll spar with the best of 'em ;) but ..... when it comes to the legal eagle advice and I'm faced with a wall of green blobs and zillions of posts and cagger since the year dot, all confidence I have/had flies out of the window and I feel as though I'm back in the classroom facing a formidable schoolteacher.

I agonise for ages over writing my posts trying not to look ignorant or stupid and nine times out of ten delete it in case I get threatened with 6 of the best!:eek:

Seriously, it's hard for a newbie to disagree with someone who has reps as long as your arm. It's much easier to stand back and let someone else do it..

Never been one for confrontation... makes me feel uncomfortable..:oops: ( I'm the one sitting in the back row, dressed in black trying not to be noticed. :D)

I have learnt enormous amounts from this site and it's whetted my appetite to learn a lot more, but I shall probably sit on the fence during the debates until I am more confident in my knowledge. And as for challenging Site Team/ Royalties Gold Account holders and the like......not blumming likely. :rolleyes: ( I sent maroondevo52 to the naughty corner once and felt guilty for days!)

Spam.:)

Edited by car2403
Done! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Ah... Well, that's going to be a bit of a problem telling you this then, but...Those smileys you're using? They lead to a site full of spyware and you need to get rid of it quick before the team does it. ;-)

Apart from that:

My Dear Suitably Scraped and Bowed Spammy,

It may come to you as a surprise that even Us multi-blobbed ancients have not been annointed with the knowledge by God herself, and that, just like you, we were once newbies. Shocking, nigh on heresy, I know... :razz:

What I am trying to say is if you make a mistake, you won't get drawn and quartered. Someone will say: "ah no, that's not quite correct", or of it's me, it will be "Spammy, you're talking out of your backside" :lol:. But by and large, this wonderful site works because we all muck in.

Listen. Answer the question, and if you're really unsure, just write: "someone will correct me if I'm wrong". I still do it, because I sure as hell don't know everything and compared to some, I know jack. Does that shut me up? Naaaah, not me. ;-)

3 1/2 yrs ago, I knew nothing. Now, I know a bit about certain things. That's about as much as anyone can expect of anyone else, so just dive in. It's not anywhere as cold as it looks, and it feels really good once you're in it up to your neck. :-D

It's that thing above(which I have now removed from my post).

Edited by yourbank

It's that thing above

Can't see it on my post... I cut it... if it's still lurking I guess site team will have to remove it, then I'll get cagbotted and have to go back in me shell...:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know nothing, but I do know how to get rid of commercial links from posts, even if they are rogue ;)

Thank you Car.... you may want to park your 'Botty' in the last Post thread as there may be a few rogues there too... :oops:

Not all mine .... honest! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 or so posts unapproved - either because they breached forum rules, (flaming isn't allowed, even in the BG, where the rules still apply) or they quoted posts that have been removed. All this despite previous warnings.

(Wags finger at the PC monitor)

Thank you Car.... you may want to park your 'Botty' in the last Post thread as there may be a few rogues there too... :oops:

Not all mine .... honest! :D

Dontcha know what we do with tell tales Spammy? ;)

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

I was one of the posts was 'unapproved'. Perhaps more should be done about certain people who deliberately come onto these forums, especially the Bear Garden' to cajole others with their rude and belitteling crass remarks.

PS...Apologies for the spelling!

I was one of the posts was 'unapproved'. Perhaps more should be done about certain people who deliberately come onto these forums, especially the Bear Garden' to cajole others with their rude and belitteling crass remarks.

PS...Apologies for the spelling!

Yes, but the rules apply to everyone and even in the BG.

If this happens, best to ignore it and report it so the team can deal with it effectively. If it happens, of course. ;)

Dontcha know what we do with tell tales Spammy? ;)

See.. this is exactly what I mean... for opening my big trap I've now been cagbotted 5 :eek: times and I've got caggers ganging up on me for telling tales! ;)

I'm going back under the stairs and not coming out again...:Cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]