Central Ticketing? Anyone heard of them???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sam the Eagle thinks, "How about sending each one back, in a separate, unstamped envelope"?

But send each one to a PPC/DCA of your choice, there are plenty on here, you should be spoiled for choice!

Sameagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and I think it's great!!

I got a 'Parking Charge' from Central Ticketing at a Tesco store last week for being 1 minute - yes 1 minute over my 3 hours free parking time. I've never in 32 years had a ticket. They've got the sensors and I'm not convinced they are accurate either.

The OP was still actually writing down my details as I unlocked my car! Of course I'm not going to pay it or contact them after reading posts on here. Does anyone know if they should give 10 mins leeway anyway?

Thanks

Does anyone know if they should give 10 mins leeway anyway?

Thanks

Rules and regulations are totally irrelevant in this case.

1)Because it is just a piece of scrap paper on your windscreen

2)Private land parking is totally unregulated.

Throw it in the bin.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick Google and I find a wealth of information about how to deal with Central Ticketing. Thank you in advance!

I'm another dissastisfied Bury resident and Central Ticketing target.

The ticket was issued at the Metrolink carpark for parking where many people do (as the carpark isn't big enough). I've parked there many times before and never been ticketed and where I park is *always* used as one of the two extra spots in the carpark.

I'm going to go back there today to take a picture of the signs on the walls, but I'm fairly sure it just says that this carpark is for the use of Metrolink passengers only (which I was on that day).

The ticket states I've been done for Obstructive Parking.

However, and this was really kind of them, their carbon failed to transfer the 'Operative ID' onto my copy of the ticket.

My basic knowledge of law leads me to believe that this means that the ticket is invalid and I'm going to write to them to inform them of that. Of course I'm not going to send them the original, but I've scanned the ticket and will print out a copy.

Any advice?

I am going to write as I want it on record that I've contacted them to dispute the charge. And I'll be popping back to the carpark to see if other people get done for the same offence (and will advise them to come here and see how to deal with it).

Should I contact Metrolink directly and talk to them about it or would it be Bury Council's job to deal with this?

TIA

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe next time you should read the signs before complaining.

most retail parks are madness at busy times, if no parking restrictions where in place, then people would be parking in the road, on pavements or wherever they feel like it.

most retail parks are madness at busy times, if no parking restrictions where in place, then people would be parking in the road, on pavements or wherever they feel like it.

Gosh! how silly of their many POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS to expect to be able to park in the car park and then spend their hard earned money in their shops!

Perhaps when they design these retail parks they should ensure they are providing sufficient access for the number of people they would like to visit them and get money in their tills without creating a whole new industry for fleecing their "customers"

• 4 weeks later...

wondering if anyone can help. i parked in a disabled bay in a free car park for metrolink users only. you dont have to prove you have used this service. i was parked on there for about to hours and got a ticket from central ticketing. i now have a letter from them asking for 85 pounds or they will take me to court etc. the disabled bay in my opinion was not clearly stated and had faded paint on the floor were you park. what do i do from here???

• 1 month later...

I've just got a ticket from Central Ticketing for leaving a car park owned by Standard Life and which is a retail park including Comet and Currys.

As a (now) shareholder in all three organisations I have contacted all the relevant departments to complain about Standard Life implementing a policy that is customer hostile and goes against establishing economic recovery and growth.

I have also issued a small claims action against Central Ticketing for the damage done (dents in the bonnet and scratches to the paintwork) that appeared around the same time the ticket was issued.

I have also spoken with the shareholders dept at Standard Life and told them that this action is contrary to the survival of Comet and Currys, and as such is contrary therefore to the survival of their customer base which will ultimately impact share value at Standard Life.

I have also informed them that I am considering action against Standard Life for the damage that was incurred to my vehicle on their private property.

I have also been informed that Central Ticketing is not licensed with the SIA, falls outside any government regulation and they will not confirm that they have carried out police checks on their operatives.

At the same time, the operative did not provide his ID on the ticket and Central Ticketing refuse to let me know who this person was, which I assume is because they have not run police checks on this person, and so they do not want to release his details.

Finally, I have written to Lord Mandelson and BERR to raise all my concerns as well as the press departments and share holder and investment departments of each of the companies mentioned above to raise my concerns.

I figure shout loud enough and long enough and somebody will look into this.

I started my conversation to Standard Life shares and press offices with "I believe that I, a shareholder of Standard Life, am the subject of a criminal act [the damage to my car] from an operative ultimately employed by Standard Life."

That made them listen to the rest of it.

This has just gone to the media. My objective is to concentrate not on Central Ticketing, but to concentrate on whoever employed them.

Dear Sir

Standard Life Charges 80.00GBP to use the toilet

I visited Holly Wood retail park in Barrow-in-Furness today and discovered that I was the only customer in the shop during the worst recession in recorded history. Not surprisingly because the land-owners Standard Life Investments have appointed the much complained about Central Ticketing to implement their system of penalty tickets.

This policy includes:

- an 80.00GBP fine for leaving the car park for whatever reason

- an 80.00GBP fine for walking into McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken

Whilst many people may agree with fining people for entering McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken, the truth is that Standard Life have appointed Central Ticketing who are not regulated by local or central government and who are not regulated by the SIA and Central Ticketing refuse to confirm that they have run police checks on their operatives. There are reports on internet forums of harassment and threatening behaviour from this organisation and I believe that my vehicle was damaged by the person who gave me a ticket today. So here we have Standard Life is using unlicensed, unregulated organisations with staff who have not been subjected to police checks to charge customers 80.00GBP to use the toilet. And all this at the same time as the ex-chairman of RBS languishes in his three quarters of a million pounds a year pension. How low will these organisations continue to stoop before the government steps in?

The retail park has no toilet facilities other than those in McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken; the retail park has no cashpoints and so if you leave the car park by foot (as the signs say) to use the toilet, to find a cashpoint, to perhaps buy some gym equipment so that you can use the gym on the retail park or maybe even to compare prices between Comet, Tesco and PC World which is 5 minutes walk away; then you will return to your vehicle to discover that the organisation that is appointed by Standard Life Investments has provided you with an 80.00GBP parking ticket for the privilege.

Furthermore, there is no process for appeal other than to write to this organisation and wait for 30 days for a response, at which point your penalty will have automatically increased and Standard Life get more of your money.

a

Walk into the shops in the retail park and they are all empty. No wonder, because I will not be going back there again and those sentiments are echoed throughout forums all over the internet. Ultimately who loses out? The shops on the retail parks. But, never mind, because we can all go to Tescos and get goods from them. So, it is goodbye Woolworths, goodbye Currys, goodbye Comet and hello Tesco and all down to Standard Life charging 80.00GBP if you go to the toilet!

Good piece of work saqqara although I think you should remove words like "penalty" and "fine" and replace them with the more accurate word of "charge". By supporting the falacy that these invoices are fines rather than just a parking charge gives them more legal creedance than they deserve.

good point and taken on board. I received a call from the retail park manager within 5 minutes of speaking with the Standard Life Press Office. I'll be interested to see what he has to say now that I have contacted every director, exectutive and non-executive and around 10 major newspapers and media organisations.

I just want to make certain that everybody knows about this and associates Standard Life with it because it took me over 4 hours today to find out who had employed Central Ticketing and nobody wanted to tell me it was Standard Life. I finally got that from a press cutting!

Perhaps Standard Life are embarrassed by their associations?

Got the director details of Standard Life Investments Ltd today from Companies House and wrote to all of them individually.

Now what I intend to do, is every time I hear from Central Ticketing I will simply forward their correspondence to each of the director's home addresses.

Let them see what it is like to be on the receiving end of these muppets!

Now what I intend to do, is every time I hear from Central Ticketing I will simply forward their correspondence to each of the director's home addresses.

Let them see what it is like to be on the receiving end of these muppets!

Hope you have some way of minimising your postage costs then coz otherwise it could cost you 10 times as much as the PPC is spending!

Subbing. This is excellent stuff:)

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

I applaud your actions and like the way you are sticking it to them. I'd love to know what sort of response you get from the directors.

Whilst I'm not defending them, a couple of statements you've made can be easily rebutted.

I have also been informed that Central Ticketing is not licensed with the SIA, falls outside any government regulation and they will not confirm that they have carried out police checks on their operatives.

For private parking SIA licensing is only required for towing/clamping/blocking in and charging a release fee.

At the same time, the operative did not provide his ID on the ticket and Central Ticketing refuse to let me know who this person was, which I assume is because they have not run police checks on this person, and so they do not want to release his details.

There is no requirement for them to run police checks on staff who are invoicing cars. Police checks only become relevant for SIA license applicatons which are needed if they indulge in the activities I've listed above.

What I would do is draw attention to the fact that these firms don't require any kind of licensing and that many of the operatives working in this industry would fail to meet SIA licensing requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valid points but my efforts are on making certain that Standard Life are linked closely to the organisation they are using and cannot distance themselves from their practices.

I just received an email from BCCi because I contacted them about Central Ticketing displaying their logo on their website which led me to believe that Central Ticketing was a member of BCCi.

This is the response I just got:

Thank you for your information I would advise that they are not members

of ours, as previously mentioned only UK Chambers of Commerce are our

members.

I have sent your email to our Director of Finance & Administration who

will no doubt contact them direct.

Once again many thanks for contacting us.

Obviously, I passed this straight to Standard Life. You have to wonder what checks if any Standard Life carried out before appointing these people.