Quick question about completing forms 1a and B

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey All,

i am in the middle of filling out forms 1a AND 1b and scotia's post is really helpful with this.

i just want to know about section 4. Claim(form of decree or other order sought)

For this scotia says to enter a long the lines of:

The pursuer calims from the defender the sum of £xxx.xx with interest on that sum at the rate of 8% annually.

For the sum do you enter the figure without interest ie in my case £182.79 or the figure with interest, £189.49?

Silly question probably but just want to double check

Thanks

Tom

Hi guys, I guess this could be another homer moment for me (doe or doh!) but could I just make sure I've got this right as I intend to file my first claim today.

My understanding of this thread is that if I were claiming £511 in bank charges and then interest at 8% amounting to £214.14, I would make my claim for £724.14 and still enter the line "with interest on that sum at the rate of 8% annually" - or would I simply enter £511 with interest on that sum at the rate of 8% annually????

Sorry again if this is obvious but it's definately one of those "must clarify" things!.

Cheers

Marko

I filed my claim today in Edinburgh. My total was minus the 8% interest and charges.

When the Halifax contact me to settle :-D :-D I will then add the interest and charges to file the claim. I'll use the interest calculator to work it out from the date the charges were taken from my account.

---------------------------------------------------

Halifax - Email sent for Data Protection Act - 25/04/06

Bank Statments arrived from CR - 27/04/06

Request for repayment sent rec delivery - 03/05/06

Offer of £750 from the Halifax - declined 15/05/06

Letter from the Halifax saying they will not pay more - 16/06/06

First Claim filed with the Small Claims Court 22/06/06

Owed: £2520

I filed my claim today in Edinburgh. My total was minus the 8% interest and charges.

When the Halifax contact me to settle :-D :-D I will then add the interest and charges to file the claim. I'll use the interest calculator to work it out from the date the charges were taken from my account.

That's the fella!!! Confirmed it today myself when I went to the Sheriff Court to start my action against the Halifax. It is definately the sum WITHOUT the interest charges you claim, and the interest is dealt with once the claim is either settled or goes to court!.

Thanks for the response.

Marko

You only need to fill out form 1b

Form 1a is for a claim against an individual, whereas

Form 1b is for a claim against a company

I found this out at court today. Hope it helps cut down your paperwork!

Alliance and Leicester -

£306 - settled in full!

Halifax -

£1600 + interest + fees -

27/06/06 - 1st Small Claim initiated for

£704 + £217 + interest + £39 Costs

01/08/06 - cheque received for £965

28/09/06 - 2nd Small Claim initiated for

£950 inc int + costs

05/10/06 - settlement letter received- awaiting cheque!

Standby for 3rd claim!:)

Barclaycard -

17/06/06 - Data Protection Act letter sent

03/10/06 - Statements rec'd £525 charges!

04/10/06 - 1st letter sent for refund

• 2 weeks later...
Ok just to get it right :p I just send one form and thats form 1b ????

No, you need to fill a form 1 and a form 1b, and attach to each a schedule of charges. Form 1 is returned to you with a hearing and a return date, and form 1b is served on the defendant (bank).

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

Quick question,

In the schedual of charges that I attach to the forms, Do i use the spread sheet provided to calculate the 8% interest, or do I just list the charges that were incurred (excess O/D etc) and also the interest charges that were incurred on my account? and leave out the 8%?

Use the spreadsheet to show the amoumt plus interest. So, if the original charge was £30, the interest on that charge might be £7. The amount you will be claming for will then be £37. The reason for this is that while they've had your £30 you've been deprived of the interest on it - the £7 - which you are entitled to claim back.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

i actually got told by the court to leave the interest off schedule of charges......they told me to show description of charge, amount and date taken.....

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements