hsbc bank charges **WON in COURT post-OFT!!!**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

doing my numercy level 2 at the mo, (with learn direct) no mention of powers, still you live n learn, guess your saying it's fantastically, humongous?:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Yes well done Johnny! Man of many talents!:D

In actual fact, and I am sure PD will back me up on this, to the power of 10 is quite a simple equation to use.

Numbers that are formed by multiplying ten by itself a particular number of times. When written in base ten, they end in that number of zeroes. The first few powers of ten are:

10=101=ten100=102=hundred=103=thousand1000000=106=million1000000000=109=billion1000000000000=1012=trillion1015=quadrillion1018=quintillion1021=sextillion1024=septillion1027=octillion1030=nonillion1033=decillion

and so on! I have to use these calculations every day in working out the molecular structure of the high tensile fabric used in every day building and roofing materials! Gets boring day in day out though! Thats why i come here for a little light releif!:rolleyes:

Well, level 2 numeracy seems a bit basic now:o and I thought I was doing so well:(

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Well, level 2 numeracy seems a bit basic now:o and I thought I was doing so well:(

Hey Remus! I hope you don't beleive a word I wrote there!:o I copied half of the interweb and made the rest up!:D

My maths is terrible and I take my hat of to you for giving it a go!

AHHh thanks freaky, I was losing the will to live for a bit then X;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

no worries junki i will be back.... got a few more charges to sort just having a break so hubby don't lose me forever to the PC.. it has drove him mad!!!! but its o.k now we have some pennies in the bank!!! hes happy as a pig in muck!!!

There are far too many stars for scientists to count but, by estimating, scientists believe that number of stars exceeds 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (10(x21)). This is about the same as the number of grains of sand on all the beaches of the earth (estimated between 10(x22) and 10(x25)), or drops of water in all the oceans.

If 10 to the power of 25 is the drops of water in all the oceans - then what is 10 to the power of 1000.......... the mind boggles:eek: :eek: Actually I've just worked out it is 10 with a thousand zeros after it......... A_-h-h-h-h--hh!!!!!!!!

my word johnny you and my hubby would get on like a house on fire.... hes full of what i call "sad si facts" things that are very interesting but of no use what so ever!!!! thanks for the effort re answer... mind boggles!!! its all crusher fault... my mum said it was infinaty... just a shame that my claim wasn't worth 10 to the power of about 20!!! would have done me fine!!!! could have took all you lovley peeps on hols to maldives...

and freaky.. you had me convinced.. i lost the plot after the first sum... but belived you!!! lol.. but thats cos it goes out of my spectrum of knowledge!!! don't disbelive or question things you know nowt about!!! funny statement coming from a women i know but we do like to keep you all on your toes!!!

debbie xx

well i did think that was a bit far fetched... but like i say don't disagree with things i know nothing about!!! and building walls is not one of my feilds of expertise... not that i know what my field of expertise is LOL except i do give birth to childaren rather well!!!!

debbie xx

I have to use these calculations every day in working out the molecular structure of the high tensile fabric used in every day building and roofing materials! Gets boring day in day out though! Thats why i come here for a little light releif!:rolleyes:

Hi freaky, I was just about to apologise to you for talking shop , - when i noticed you were fibbing again...... ;) I'll never learn......:rolleyes:

But you're right about one thing - it's great to see *WON* on a thread again.:D

Hi PD - I hadn't noticed Rayne's post about the powers - it was on the page before the one I was reading.......... Doh! :eek:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

you lot are way too brainy for me............

I think you're a lot brainier than you let on, Auburn.........;) (Good morning btw)

Ditto Jo........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Good morning Duke xx............... erm nope not at all............lol:):):) maths was never my strong suit...........

and I was just the chauffer for the training.......... although maybe I could do a better job than thier current coach (my son says I could)............

I am the coach driver for sunday mornings game............. they have all been warned on pain of death.......not to get injured or they are own their own, cos nothing will stop me from watching Sundays game.............lol

rockin all over the world

They wouldn't dare , they'll be running round with broken legs shouting, "I'm alright , really I am!" :D :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

btw syd's mum, would really be interested in knowing HOW u won this one! :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Preparation is everything... all of the information you need is here if you ask and look for it.

None of us expected we would end up in court when we started out but things change and now the chances are you will see a court room and be faced with a Judge and a barrister for the defence and you have to have done your homework :rolleyes:

I think the number of cases we are seeing where stay applications are being refused is partly due to people not doing the necessary preparatory work with some obvious exceptions notably Cardiff CC :evil:

Rayne your claim should be a walk in the park but you need to do the research and understand what it all means :).

pete

hi rayne... have a look at post 310 on this thread its a run down of what happen on the day... if there is anything that don't make sense love just ask... will answer if i can... this is their basis of their application;

The Order dated 16 August 2007 (apparently issued on 17 August 2007) be set aside and the Defence be reinstated on the basis of CPR r3. 3(5) (setting aside order made of court's own motion) and/or CPR r3.9 (relief from sanctions) and/or CPR r3.1 (2) (a) (extension of time) and/or CPR r3.1 (7) (power to vary or revoke order); “

basically DGs were trying to set aside judgement thinking they could use CPR 3.3(5) see above then CPR 3.9 see above and so on... they didn't even get past the first rule as the order they refered to was my request for judgement... and i made the request for judgement (if the court had made request for judgement they could have used it) what got them is the fact that the order of directions from judge back on 5th june was made on courts own motion and they only have 7 days if they don't like it so would have had to apply then (12th june) FAIL 1

then CPR 3.9 (this rule does go on abit as there are 10 points to consider) the first admin of justice... the judge said that the fact that they had not got past defence in any cases brought before the court previously they would not have done now so justice would not be served if he granted set aside... this is where the fantastic auds comes in with london borough case which set a president were by the judge could draw on his knowledge of past cases...barrister did argue but judge won't have it...

this is where it gets confussing..

next relief... they didn't make application promptly because the order they refered to was dated 16th august and had that been made on courts own motion they DID make application in enough time BUT it was requested by me so the order they meant (and got totally wrapped round their necks) was directions order which was dated 5th june so they had to ask for relief before 12th june... FAIL 2

failure to comlpy was not intentional... judge again refered to past cases and how they DIDN'T do anything after defence was presented!!!

this does go on forever if you want more only to happy to post it but will let you get your head round this lot first love... if you don't get it..it gets very confusing... only took me 2 weeks to digest exactaly whats was going on...

hope you can make sense rayne...

also see post 300... i think this is reason some were failing before!!!!

debbie xx

p.s pete love the castle in sig!!!!

• Haha 1

Hi thanks for the reply have just had a quick read of the post you mentioned and yes it seems very much the same. I will read it more, probably tomorrow time allowing, my youngest is in hospital tomorrow for the day, and then i will probably need loads of advice

Steph (mum of four)

• 1 month later...