Wednesday vs Citi Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent received anything about my Sar................

Got the usual bumph about the CCA, ill file a complaint with Inf Comm tonight. Not too impressed with the Inf Comm tho, they didnt do anything about my last complaint :rolleyes:

Seems we are having a go at the same firms Surprise :D

I didnt have an account number for an old HSBC credit card, i gave HSBC, dates of direct debits from HSBC current account to HSBC credit card. Received nothing for my sar, complained to Information Commissioner and they said HSBC were ok, becasue i didnt supply an accout number :confused:

Write a letter to complain to Citi, at the same time I would suggest submitting a complaint to the ICO - i've got the forms if you need them.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

How we all doing?

Ive had a shocker today but they ya go :D

Regarding the non compliance of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), i did complain to the Information Commissionairs Office, got a reply today as it goes, reads as such:

What will the Information Commissioner’s Office now do with your complaint about the failed subject access request?

Same again

If it happens again im giving up :D

We acknowledge that in pursuing the unfair penalty charges a valid subject access request was made to CitiFinancial and although the information requested may not be needed to recover any unfair penalty charges, financial institutions are still required to provide it.

• 2 months later...

I havent been around for a while, but since i sent the sar and cca requests, i received nothing.

I complained to the Information Commissionair and still nothing.

I stopped paying and over the last fortnight, Citi have been constantly calling, i have been at work tho, so i need to write to them to tell them where to swing it :)

Surprise, surprise... you can probably get better advice on the CCA from another area of the forum.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Massive CCA thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/33174-consumer-credit-act-agreements.html?highlight=consumer+credit+agreement

From what I remember, a bank who doesnt comply and then continues to be in breach of supplying the CCA has to go back to court to enforce continued payment - which doesnt look particularly good if you don't have the documents.

However at the same time it is likely that the institution in question will pester you, though if you highlight the situation and state that the account is disputed that may help, if the calls continue there is legislation protecting you as an individual from harrasment.

It is very likely that a default will be registerred against you which will effect your credit score.... so that has to be taken into consideration as well.

There is an arguement I remember as well which came from Mr. Smith, Citi Solicitor - someone applied for repayment of bank charges, but then in addition the CCA request. The issue was raised, that if you were to dispute that you owed any money to Citi through the CCA route, then why are you also reclaiming charges.... so just something to be aware of.

• 1 month later...
It is very likely that a default will be registerred against you which will effect your credit score.... so that has to be taken into consideration as well.

Well i got in contact with Citi explained i havent received either the sar or cca, when i do im only going for the lack of cca. They replied that they sent me the T&C's to do with this account and its fulfils their obligation to the CCA.

I havent had chance to reply to it yet, saying roughly T&C's dont cut it, but today i received the default through the post.

Who are the best people to complain to about this and i'm happy taking them to court to get the default removed, is this the only option?

Thanks.

Hey you! On the General Debt forum, Davefirewalker has a thread about CCAs, it may be worth popping over there to see what he's been up to. I was told a while ago he's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to CCAs.

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 1 month later...

Right then,today i finally received my sar information, only 7 months after my initial request :D

So this is how it stands, i have received no agreement yet, i stopped paying, roughly August time and Citi defaulted me back in 2006.

I have gone through my statements and added up all late fee's and over limit fee's.

Time now to move on this account either one way or the other, go for charges or go for no agreement.

The total of charges and contractual interest @ 17.4 (stated on statement) is nearly £1000 over my outstanding balance on the account as of August last year.

So i think im going to fire off a pre lim, saying they owe me x, i owe them y, x-y, means you should now close the account and send me the remaining xx.

Thing is, do i have to go down the lack of cca to get the default removed, or is there any chance i can reclaim charges and default removal?

Thanks for any info and help. I do understand this is the beginning of another long wait, hopefully not 7 months tho. :)