Telephone harassment - an action plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Charley,

I picked up this thread somewhere towards the middle, so maybe I have missed something but I thought you required the DCA's bank details in order to proceed with the Garnishee Order?

If you have the details already, then forget my comment :-)

fletchy

Hi Fletchy Yes Yr Right , Sorry , My Fault ,

I Have Just Telephoned Northampton And They Are Sending The File To Birmingham Courts So I Can Indeed Do A Garnishee , Northampton Siad Bec I Put Pay Imedi On My N225 I Can Do The Order As Soon As It Gets To Their Local Court , Not Sure Of The Cost Though As Yet , I Shall Call Them Tom , As Off To Work Shortly , But Result So Far ,

the file has been transferred to their local court , birmingham .

i called them to find out the costs for a garnishee or third party order costs £100 as does a warrant . next move ?

either will hurt them!!

have you waited for a month so that the CCJ stays on their file for 6 years??

if you go too early they will pay up and the ccj will vanish

Hello Dicky Asked Them That , And Their Reply Was Because I Put Pay Imediately On The N225 Requesting Judgement Form , I Could Do Straight Away , Or In The Future , Sent Them Another Letter Because They Sent Me One With An Apology And Saying That They Would Fight Any Court Case , (which Was A Bit Late Really , As I Knew By Then I Had Got Judgement , Shows You That These Companies Are So Big Or Stupid That They Dont Know Whats Going On, ) My Letter Which Said That They Owe A Further £90.00 As Well As The Original Court Amount , And That They Are To Late Judgement Had Gone Against Them Quoteing The Case Number And Simply Saying If They Do Not Wish Any Further Action To Pay , And To Not Write To Me At All Not Even A Reply To This Letter Only A Cheque , Or They Will Incure More Letters From Me And More Ccj S .

In Other Words Bug Off , Leave Me Alone Or I Will Bite Back !:)

it's about time our good-for-nothing government stopped harrassing the ordinary citizen and gave these rogue debt collectors a taste of their own medicine. Looks like the good guys are just an easy target. Why don't this government do something useful at last. All this money spend on this agency and that commission - what does it achieve? - nothing, except jobs for their cronies. Seems to me the government is scared of these debt collectors and their legal sharp boys.

Hello Dicky Asked Them That , And Their Reply Was Because I Put Pay Imediately On The N225 Requesting Judgement Form , I Could Do Straight Away , Or In The Future , Sent Them Another Letter Because They Sent Me One With An Apology And Saying That They Would Fight Any Court Case , (which Was A Bit Late Really , As I Knew By Then I Had Got Judgement , Shows You That These Companies Are So Big Or Stupid That They Dont Know Whats Going On, ) My Letter Which Said That They Owe A Further £90.00 As Well As The Original Court Amount , And That They Are To Late Judgement Had Gone Against Them Quoteing The Case Number And Simply Saying If They Do Not Wish Any Further Action To Pay , And To Not Write To Me At All Not Even A Reply To This Letter Only A Cheque , Or They Will Incure More Letters From Me And More Ccj S .

In Other Words Bug Off , Leave Me Alone Or I Will Bite Back !:)

yes, i understand you got a forthwith order

the court system makes allowances for people to dispute debts so that if they lose- and pay up within 28 days of the judgement- then no record of the judgement is placed on the register which people can see for 6 years

if you force them to pay before the 28 days are up then no one will ever see on their record that they have a ccj

it is not for you to remind them of that

if you wait for 28 days THEN take enforcement action as they have not coughed up then that ccj will remain of THEIR credit file for 6 years

if you force them to pay before the 28 days are up then no one will ever see on their record that they have a ccj

Doubt this will make any difference to them. Quite a few banks have CCJs, but do you ever check this before entrusting them with your money? The system is biased... :-(

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

Doubt this will make any difference to them. Quite a few banks have CCJs, but do you ever check this before entrusting them with your money? The system is biased... :-(

dead right the system is biased. wasted of space council officials and public servants don't do a thing to curb these debt collecting rogues

I propose new legislation requiring all financial institutions to display a health warning on their advertising 'as of today we have n CCJs filed against us'... :-)

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

I propose new legislation requiring all financial institutions to display a health warning on their advertising 'as of today we have n CCJs filed against us'... :-)

i agree - but you won't get it with this government, they are too busy looking after their banker and financial institute friends - its that craven cowardess that got the county into a mess. this lot don't care a s*d for the little folk

yes, i understand you got a forthwith order

the court system makes allowances for people to dispute debts so that if they lose- and pay up within 28 days of the judgement- then no record of the judgement is placed on the register which people can see for 6 years

it is not for you to remind them of that

if you wait for 28 days THEN take enforcement action as they have not coughed up then that ccj will remain of THEIR credit file for 6 years

HI D D AND FRED YES SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING , WILL LEAVE ANY WAY BECAUSE THEY SAID AT THE COURT THAT THEY WOULD POST OF SOME ENFORCEMENT LEAFLETS FOR ME , SO MAY AS WELL WAIT THE 28 DAYS THEN GO AHEAD , GIVE THEM WHAT THEY GIVE , MEDICINE IN THE FORM OF A CCJ :)

HI D D AND FRED YES SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING , WILL LEAVE ANY WAY BECAUSE THEY SAID AT THE COURT THAT THEY WOULD POST OF SOME ENFORCEMENT LEAFLETS FOR ME , SO MAY AS WELL WAIT THE 28 DAYS THEN GO AHEAD , GIVE THEM WHAT THEY GIVE , MEDICINE IN THE FORM OF A CCJ :)

good luck and keep fighting, admire your spirit and determination

i worry because there might be many old and infirm folk out there who are being harrassed by these rogues - but what do the authorities care? as long as they get their tax paid pensions

good luck and keep fighting, admire your spirit and determination

i worry because there might be many old and infirm folk out there who are being harrassed by these rogues - but what do the authorities care? as long as they get their tax paid pensions

THANKYOU ,

I KNOW 2 WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT, BUT DOING UNTO A DCA AS THEY DO TO YOU IS :)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Update

Just Received Yest A Application From Birm Court For Metro Collection To Have The Case Set Aside On The Grounds That They Can Defend And They Did Not Have Enough Time Etc Dg Solicitors

Excuse Me But This Lot Are Surpossed To Be Professionals

I M The Novice

Any Way Sent My Two Penneth Via E Mail After Tel The Court

Hearing At 2 Pm Today So We Shall See

The law, as has been said, is 'an ass' and is there to protect the wealthy and big business. Somewhere along the line the law stopped consulting the common sense of that mythical man on top of the Clapham Omnibus.

Good luck. It's about time our spiv MPs started to look after the ordinary people

Latest Update

Just Received Yest A Application From Birm Court For Metro Collection To Have The Case Set Aside On The Grounds That They Can Defend And They Did Not Have Enough Time Etc Dg Solicitors

That somehow seems a bit crooked to me. Would a debtor realistically be able to do the same thing?

That somehow seems a bit crooked to me. Would a debtor realistically be able to do the same thing?

HI SHINOBI

YES IT ALL SEEMS SUS

IT BEING MCS LOCAL COURT , DG SOLICITORS NOT SURE OF THAT ONE IF BASED THERE OR NOT

THE CLAIM ONCE I RECEIVED THE APPLICATION NOTES FROM THE COURT , CLAIM S DATED 21ST OF JAN BY DG SOL THE COURT CLAIMED THEY POSTED AT THE BEGINING OF FEB

RECEIVING IT YES WITH A CLEARLY MARKED BIRMINGHAM POST MARK WITH THE DATE OF 8 - 2 - 10

WORK THAT ONE OUT WITHOUT BEING SUSPICIOUS

ANY WAY I DID SCAN IT AND E MAILED THIS TOO AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER INFO AS WELL AS STATEING I AM BUT A NOVICE AND I MANAGED TO CALL NORTHAMPTON SEVERAL TIMES ABOUT VARIOUS THINGS EACH TIME MAKING IT MY BUSINESS ASKING IF THEY HAD HERD FROM MCS OR THEIR SOLI , ONLY ONCE DID THEY CALL THEM.

AND NOW IT SEEMS THEY CLAIM THEY COULD OF DEFENDED AND HAD NO TIME TO I GUESS WE SHOULD ALL ALLOW SOLICITORS MORE TIME AS IF :cool:

I CALLED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED , BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE PAPERWORK BACK FROM THE JUDGES ROOM AND EXPECT THEM BACK TOM SO I WILL CALL AND SEE FRIDAY FOR THE RESULT.AS IF I DONT KNOW ALREADY BUT HEY YOU NEVER KNOW

Edited by charley2212

Charley can u stop posting in capitals. It is very rude.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

I'm actually on the reverse of this kind of action. 1st post so please bare with me).

My new partner has been owed apx £200k (amounts of £100k in 2007-to present sum). This was lent to a man she met through work & following instructions from her boss, & was given in good faith to help him secure custodial right to his daughter.

Since that time he has slowly siphoned off her life savings,(for his business dealings & personal life) using guile & subtle threats along with stories of his & his family's links to the "Security Services" & his powerful contacts, (he was a succesful journalist), he is a huge drug user, has a full range of dodgy contacts & is adept at using the police whenever he feels a need. All while making no attempt to settle this debt.

My partner is now facing considerable financial difficulties & has finally 'fessed' to the embarrasment of falling victim & finally asked for my help.

She has recently been sacked from her PA job to a middle eastern family, due to the contact & conduct of this man & is at present going through the process of an employment tribunal, (another tale).

To keep this short. I am no wall-flower, am ex military & have worked in the security industry for almost 20 years. I have refrained from my natural instincts & airing on the side of caution, attempted to arrange a meeting with this man to facilitate some form of repayment plan.

This was in the form of a text message to ask if he would meet, how he intended to repay & when he could start.

His reply was a tirade of offensive, rude texts & calls to both my partner & myself, including false accusations of threats to him & his property along with warnings to us both of his contacts & consequences of our continued attempt to pursue this.

To the point.......

After I had attempted to call him yesterday, (about a meeting) first on his mobile..no answer , then on his alternative 'dealers' mobile....no answer, I called his apartment (exclusive address in central London), he answered & hung up. I called back, (assuming my bad signal), I greeted him, he hung up. This happened 3 more times until he finally spoke & I asked for a possible meeting to discuss this issue. I was then subject to 10 mins of his threats & insults (water off a duck..) until he finally stated he would get me sorted out & I didn't want to mess with him or his MI6 friends & hung up. I left it at that & headed to my sons birthday dinner in the midlands.

My partner called me around 11pm to state 2 uniformed police officers had called at her house to speak to me accussing me of harassment. As I was still in the midlands they left. 07.50 this morning 3 officers called to ask me to sign a document in relation to his accusations. I asked them if they were here to investigate the matter they said NO, they were here to speak to me. When I asked to see the complaint they said they didn't have the details other than I had continuously called him, threatening him & his partner by saying I was outside his apartment with "2 darkies & a crowbar". The officers had not interviewed him or seen the evidence but assumed it must be true...

What are my legal rights with this? He can simply make up another encounter & I'll be arrested.

mm are you sure your;e not a debt collector?(LOL)

seriously, the only way forward in this is for your partner to make a complaint against this man for fraud

if the money was obtained as you say by deception then it is a police matter to start with

a conviction will then make a civil claim much more feasible