Telephone harassment - an action plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BB that £5 per call the your tme at the LIP rate of £9.25 a hour. so shall we say £15 per phone call?

Hasn't the LIP rate gone up to £18 something?

I did this years ago when HBOS drove us insane with calls, didn't have the wherewithall then but found their constant 8 am to 8pm repetitive calls so harrowing I sent them a bill for my time. They came back and said they had no contract with me and therefore I was legally unable to bill them. IOW, feck off!

You won't get money out of these people, but send it for a laugh anyway. Something satisfying about doing that which makes them realise you have more to do in life than sit there waiting to reply to their calls.

Oh, and I just received my first letter from this shower who are calling me all the time, so they've now managed to find me despite not being on the electoral register. They must have gone back to their client who DID know my new address anyway. I'll reply now and enclose those letters above and deal with the OC responsibly - boy I do hate these DCA's!

A1

Edited by andrew1
HBOS, not RBOS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOH!! £18 per call??!! Now that would write off the pocket money they are so eager to harass me for.....

And I am intent on getting them to either stop their harassment or they WILL pay up, I am quite happy to chase them via the small claims track if they insist.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OOH!! £18 per call??!! Now that would write off the pocket money they are so eager to harass me for.....

And I am intent on getting them to either stop their harassment or they WILL pay up, I am quite happy to chase them via the small claims track if they insist.

Roberts v Bank of Scotland = good read

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

when did the LIP ratd change as l thought it was written into the act how much you could have.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sorry been out ofthe loop for a while

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 10 months later...

They call every day and continue despite me telling them to put whatever they want to say in writing and I just had one arrogant blighter telling me they can phone 3 times a day as I provided my telephone number to 'their client' and they are not distance selling.

A1

Can they really phone 3 times a day and it not be classed as harrassment as I was just told that too. I find it so stressful and hate answering the phone now. In fact I was thinking of paying the £25.00 to BT to get a new number as these people are stressing me out, they ring at 8am and wake me up and after 8pm too and even on Sundays, although only twice then!

No they can't, if YOU deem it to be harassing you, then it IS HARASSMENT.

Send the silly little fools the telehone harassment letter... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

Send it by 2nd class post and get ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

Keep a diary of events regarding their phone harassment with a view of taking legal action against them for the criminal offence of harassment.

Go through BT's 'malicious calls procedure' and they WILL change your number for free if you want.

Tell them, of they change your number, to make it ex directory AND to also withhold your CLI number, this means that each time you phone out your

number is automatically withheld, and to release your number you simply dial in 1470 before the number you're calling.

In the meantime, when they ring, laugh and hang up, repeat the exercise until they either stop or your number is changed, they get the letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank-you, I will do that, part of me wants them to call so I can 'get them' and a bigger part of me wants them to go away,

Hi Gemma, harassment is a terrible thing and you need to stop it asap because if they know you are vulnerable they'll just keep doing it.

It's been a while since I experienced all this and it started back in 2006 when things went belly-up in my life and the last thing you need is this lot on top if you are under pressure.

Once you have followed Bazooka's sterling advice make sure if ever you are caught out that if the urge to speak overrides common sense (and I know how that urge flashes into your thoughts believe me) to respond to this 'being' who talks at you rather than to you, that you ask to speak to a manager rather than the person phoning. When you get to that person ask for their name and position.

Tell them that Harassment is a serious crime once you have told the company you wanted everything in writing and they continue calling and if it hasn't been registered on your data records already then tell them to take this telephone call as notice and it will be confirmed in writing. Then inform them that all calls are now being recorded, including this one and a diary is being kept as you will be informing the FCA and considering litigation if it continues.

Then ask them if they understand your request and that your file has recorded this.

Then start keeping your records of every call, whether you answer or not. Write to the FCA informing them of what you have done and why.

Once you are finished DO NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS WITH REGARDS TO ANY ALLEGED DEBT.

Believe me when I say:

"Keeping records of everything - even the envelopes, is the most powerful tool you'll ever have defending yourself against any creditor".

I have fought many battles, won some, lost some, but the ones I won were because I could back up every single word of what I say. Nobody can deny FACTS as a number of creditors have found out.

Good luck and come back and tell us how it goes...

A1

"Keeping records of everything - even the envelopes, is the most powerful tool you'll ever have defending yourself against any creditor". A1

By far the BEST advice for EVERYONE when dealing with DCA's, & any financial matters. :thumb:

I never realised how important the envelopes were. Often the deadlines are so close and the envelope can prove when the time starts. Morephone calls today :( I actually said that I couldn't talk until I had taken them through security and asked the first line of their address and postcode etc, they seemed a bit shocked, and I said why would I give them that information as a stranger out of the blue, because they obviously wouldn't lol!

Well done, the orange bar codes on the envelopes can be read as the postmarks are often missing....

You'll get into the swing of this with practice..Thing to do? - Keep in control of your space, but don't ignore letters, they need to be dealt with however bad they may be..that's what CAG is for - to help you deal with them and you are never alone on here...:-)

A1

How can someone read those barcodes? Nearly all of the letters arrive exactly ten days after the date of the letter. Ifthe barcode gives the date of posting or the batch that would really help :)

Yes, Mr Harrison in Harrison v Link, discovered those barcodes could be read.. Much to the dismay of MBNA and Link who were pretty good at sending letters by the slowest available post and then trying to convince the judge that they sent ALL their letters out first class mail !!

Andrew1 has given you excellent advice :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Aw shucks.. :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

OMG it has gotten far worse, they are calling 9 times a day, some put the phone straight down and some are argumentative, blunt and rude. When I questioned one person they said they were allowed to call 9 times a day and it isn't harassment if I am in arrears and until I sort out the arrears they will call and call, but they won't listen when I say I am not in arrears and can prove it ARGGH!!!! We are in the process of going to court about this but how can I stop the calls in the meantime please?

Also anyone have a way of recording the calls on a bt line, my mobile doesn't record.

OMG it has gotten far worse, they are calling 9 times a day, some put the phone straight down and some are argumentative, blunt and rude. When I questioned one person they said they were allowed to call 9 times a day and it isn't harassment if I am in arrears and until I sort out the arrears they will call and call, but they won't listen when I say I am not in arrears and can prove it ARGGH!!!! We are in the process of going to court about this but how can I stop the calls in the meantime please?

Also anyone have a way of recording the calls on a bt line, my mobile doesn't record.

did you send the no calls, writing only, harass, in dispute letter to their compliance/complaints?

are they now the new owner, and are not acting on behalf of someone else.

try not to speak to them on the phone