SPEEDY VS NATIONWIDE - need advice please!!

speedy016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...would you recommend I contact NW with regards to the letter and if so what shall I say.
Depends on your current financial circumstances

+ if the 'repaying' of the O/D asap would be such a financial dilema for U.

The O/D would be paid of in FULL when U get your Refund anyway wouldn't it??

...and U have transferred your credits to your 'parachute' acccount already??

So why not let them sweat a while + just put it on the 'back-burner'?!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'll Leave it for now and make them sweat!! They can whistle for now.
U'd think the the Fat Lady (...of Threadneedle Street) would KNOW the words by now, wouldn't U??!...pmsl...:-D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi Guys

Just an update, I have today received a list of charges from NW.

My calculations weren't too far out but I will go with NW cos theres is slightly higher than mine.

I had a years statements missing but according to there list I did incurr a few charges so I will include these in my claim.

The total amount I am claiming from them is 1751.25 + 8% interest if it gets that far. LOL:grin: Of course it will, this is the NW we are talking about!

But hey in for a penny in for 1751.25 :grin:

I have decide to just go with the flow and play them at there own game, no point stressing, besides I have the ace card, I've got my pals on here to help and support me.

Just a quick question, on the list of charges they have included the small amounts of interest they have charged me, i presume I can add these on the claim as well. Please could someone advise me on that before I start filling my sheets in.

Thanks everyone especially MTM, I will keep you posted.

Let the battle commence. :grin:

Speedy

You can only claim back the interest that was due to fees charged whilst in the overdraft. Is very complicated, and you need full statements to be able to do it properly.

Im sticking to just claiming the charges back plus statutory interest @ 8%

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Hi monopoly

Hope you are well, :-) I just thought that because they had added the interest on the list of charges it might be that they were also unlawful due to the fact that we have never had an overdraft on this account and every time we have gone overdrawn it has been down to charges but if its complicated I will not go down that road.

Thanks for your help its appreciated.

Speedy

If you don't have an overdraft, and all the interest is due to charges, it will be quite easy. Its when other transactions are made in the overdraft that you have to work out the percentage of interest that's due to charges, and the percentage thats due to your own transactions.

Have a look at these threads to see what I mean. There's loads more around too

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/91980-overdraft-interest-help.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html[url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/91980-overdraft-interest-help.html][/url]

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi monopoly

I'm trying to fill in my spreadsheet but I am getting confused with dates.

The list of charges which NW sent me states the date that the charges were taken out of my account but the statements give the exact date that the DDs were rejected.

On the spreadsheet do I put the date the charges were taken from my account or the date the rejection of the DDs occurred.

Sorry if I am being thick but I am blonde!!!

Speedy

As far as I know, it's the date the money was taken from you. Thats the date that you effectively 'lost' the money and stopped earning interest on it.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Just to let everyone know I have done my pre-lim letter and a schedule of charges and its ready to post first thing in the morning.

Its taken me a few hours but I'm going to chill now and have a few glasses of wine. I really need it after that spreasheet. :grin:

Thanks monopoly your help has been really appreciated this afternoon.

Speedy

No problem. Enjoy your night....;)

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi speedy016!

...Sorry if I am being thick but I am blonde!!!
But I'M the only Blonde in the village!!!...:eek:

Has been established several times previously!...lol...:D:p

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/87811-aqualibrium-nationwide.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/84346-dickie-nationwide.html

(Jules Winnfield)

As far as I know, it's the date the money was taken from you. Thats the date that you effectively 'lost' the money and stopped earning interest on it.
Ditto monopoly23's Most Excellent advice!...:)

It would appear that between us, we provide this Thread with 24/7 cover.

...with time off for 'good behaviour' eh?!...lol...:D

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi MTM :-)

My god, don't you ever sleep!!!

I'm glad about the 24/7 cover though. As long as you are not charging night rate. :grin:

I'll keep you posted, I have a feeling I'll be needing your services again. :grin:

Speedy

And I thought I was the night owl! Well I will be when I go back to work anyway. My services will be seriously restricted after the 29th boo :mad:

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Ha I wouldn't call my time free.... but I know what you mean. I don't know what I used to do with my spare time :rolleyes:

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Morning everyone

Just a quick question, this has been bugging me all night!

The NW have taken charges from our account totalling 350.00 which has caused us a 343.00+ unauthorised overdraft.

Would I be able to make a complaint to the FO with regards to the unauthorised overdraft to put the account in dispute so that they cannot refer it to a DCA. Reading through other threads this seems to be their latest underhand tactic.

I wouldn't be making a complaint about reclaiming charges as I haven't any just cause yet but with regards to them taking us into an unauthorised OD and stopping all direct debits etc., which I feel is in retaliation to us reclaiming our bank charges. They have in effect put a freeze on our account. I am only getting SSP at the moment which is due to be paid into the account on Friday and is going to be swallowed up by the OD. The NW did not give me enough notice to get my payment transferred into my other account and also the companies who I have DD arrangements with have said that they have not had enough warning as some of the payments are due out within the next week or so. I thought they had to give you enough warning so that you could make other arrangements!

Has anybody got any thoughts or advice on this.

Speedy

Has anybody got any thoughts or advice on this.
Did U NOT read the wording of the Template S.A.R. Letter??

Does the letter NOT make it clear that U are 'disputing' Nationwide's unlawful Penalty Charges with regards your account??

By ALL MEANS complain to the FSO about the perceived 'Retalitory Action' by Nationwide, but my advice would be to press on with your Court Claim if U want your money refunded asap.

P.S. Have changed shifts to STILL accomondate the 24/7 coverage!...lol...;)

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi MTM

Yes I did read the S.A.R letter and I fully intend taking them to court with regards the unlawful charges, I do not wish to go down the FO route for my money refunding, it has just p****d me off the way they have retaliated with regards to the running of our account. That is what I wish to make a complaint about because I do not want a default on my credit file due to unlawful charges or the account being sent to a DCA as I have read that they have done this on other threads and I was lead to understand that if you complain the account is in dispute and they cannot add further charges or send it to a DCA.

So glad I'm back on the day rate! :-)

Speedy

Just a quick update

My prelim letter requesting my money back was delivered yesterday.

So now I just sit and await their reply and we all know what thats going to be don't we!

Doesn't matter though I'm counting down the 14 days. I'm quite enjoying this now.

Speedy

It will start to go quite quickly now, in my experience, up until you file a claim that is!

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

It will start to go quite quickly now...!
Well...the nights ARE starting to draw in.

...Will soon be Xmas!!...lol...:D

(Jules Winnfield)

Good morning everyone

I've received a letter from NW this morning from their collections department giving me until tomorrow to pay back our unauthorised.

It says:

Your Flexaccount is overdrawn by 323.55 without our agreement. (Thats a laugh, its purely made up of charges so its their fault anyway)

Please bring your Flexaccount under your agreed limit of 0.00 immediately. You'll also need to pay any charges that are due. (another 350.00). These can be found on your statement.

We have actually got the unathorised OD down to 170.00 but they have given us till tomorrow to pay 520.00 which we simply cannot do.

Pleas can anyone who has been in a similar situation advise me on the best course of action.

Thanks

Speedy