SPEEDY VS NATIONWIDE - need advice please!!

speedy016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I have been reading this site for quite a while and its brilliant, its down to all the good advice and encouragement from every body that on 4th May I took the first step and sent off my SAR request recorded delivery.

It was signed for on 5th May, I have the proof printed off just in case!!

They cashed my 10.00 cheque on the 21st May.

After reading some of the threads I thought I would give the Data Protection lot a quick call and chase up my statements. The very pleasant man didn,t ask me for my account number or any info just said my 40 days is up on the 14th June but they are not keeping records they are just going in an in-tray and being dealt with in order, it is unlikely I will receive my statements in time as they are inundated!! so would I ring back on the 18th June and if they are ready for being printed off he will be able to tell me because at that stage they will be on the system.

I don't think that this is acceptable they are confirming over the phone that they won't be ready without even taking any of my details and I have set a time limit so why should I have to wait for them.

Only problem is I am a bit unsure of what to do if I haven't received them on the 40th day.

Can anyone please help and advise me what would be the best thing to do.

From reading the info I think I am supposed to send them a letter giving them a further 7 days.

Is that right?

:confused:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its an lba but you threaten them with court for non compliance with the SAR.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Thanks for that

The annoying thing is I've got most of my statements but i have 1 full years missing otherwise I could have just gone in with the letter asking for a refund, never mind, by the time I get to that stage I will be able to add the 350 in charges that are going on this month!!!

Thanks again.

:-)

I've just been reading the step-by-step guide AGAIN!!!!! Trying my best but not the brightest.:lol:

So just a quick question, if I don't receive my statements in the 40 days as requested do I also report NW to the Information Commissioner as well as sending NW a non-compliance letter. Not sure if I do both or is it one or the other?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Speedy

Hi Speedy. Don't worry. This is usual delaying by NW but after 3 letters and a strong assurance I would go to the Information Commissioner they gave me what I wanted; albeit late. I then went through prelim. and LBA stage and was about to file my claim online when I came accross this thread....'another win-Cuddlles v Nationwide' . I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. I held off filing and went that way instead. I have opened up my own thread to keep people informed of my results. Good Luck

Tricky

Hi Trickyt and monopoly23 :-)

NW's 40 days are up at the end of the week and I haven't heard a thing from them apart from the phone call I made which wasn't any help.

Do you think I should try ringing again and telling them they only have til the end of the week to supply the info. I am waiting for postman every morning but nothing ever arrives!! :evil:

Any suggestions?

Speedy

I used to go out with someone called speedy lol.... but lets not go there.

Anyway, if you still don't receive anything at all, sent them the DPA non-compliance letter. Here it is if you need it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

I used to go out with someone called speedy lol.... but lets not go there.
I used to go out with someone who had monopoly......I went there!...pmsl...:D

(NOT monopoly23, I might add though!)

Hello speedy016!

Read the links that are pointed to in #6 of the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/86629-artrex-nationwide-having-hard.html

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Hi MTM

Thanks for that, hopefully that letter will do the trick, blunt and straight to the point. I like it. :-)

I just don't like the way they seem to be stringing things out so early on in my battle!!!

Thanks again

Speedy

Hi Guys

40 days for S.A.R. is up today and Mr Postie hasn't brought my statements :sad:

Can someone just verify my dates to make sure I don't proceed too soon.

I sent S.A.R on 4th May, its was signed for on 5th may (Sat) will I be better off sending the non-compliance letter on Monday

Any advice on this will be appreciated, I no I keep asking but I just want to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks

Speedy

Your dates are right. You could try ringing the dept. thats dealing with SARs but I don't know how much good that would do.

State that they've taken payment but not provided the service and so on, and just because all the requests are being dealt with in order, does not give them the right to breach the time limit.

If you dont get anything out of them, Id sent the non-compliance letter today.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

No problem. You could always click my scales.....;) lol

• Haha 1

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Nice one Speedy! you're definitely NOT the speedy i knew...:)

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Right everyone, I phoned 01793 583062 to chase up my S.A.R, the lady was really nice and confirmed that my statements had been sent out a week ago but Royal Mail are taking their time delivering them because the packages are too big and bulky! She confirmed that NW are completely up to date with dealing with ALL S.A.R requests and there is no longer a back log. So everyones request should be dealt with within the 40 days.

She actually said they have ordered my statements twice! Don't understand that bit cos today is the only time I have had to give my account details to anyone!

She said that she will order a list of charges which will be on the system tomorrow and I should receive them on Monday.

WATCH THIS SPACE

Hope this is of use to anyone in the same situation as me

Speedy

Did you request just statements for the dates you were missing or the whole lot?

Im not surprised about the comment on RM. They are getting really shoddy and not even bothering to get signatures for most recorded stuff.

I'll take a bet that their profits boom this year though with all the mail being sent to the banks and back...

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Do you think I should ring back and say that the list of charges will do for now but I still want my statements. I requested everything since the account was opened!

She implied that my statements were posted out a week ago! Do you think she was trying to fob me off?

Speedy

Hi Speedy, I'm at the same stage as you. I rang the number you quoted and also spoke to a nice lady who told me I would have my charges by beginning of next week at the latest. Which is fine by me. Hope it true and I can start claiming my money back :)

...the lady was really nice and confirmed that my statements had been sent out a week ago but Royal Mail are taking their time delivering them because the packages are too big and bulky! She confirmed that NW are completely up to date with dealing with ALL S.A.R requests and there is no longer a back log. So everyones request should be dealt with within the 40 days.

She actually said they have ordered my statements twice! Don't understand that bit cos today is the only time I have had to give my account details to anyone!

She said that she will order a list of charges which will be on the system tomorrow and I should receive them on Monday.

WATCH THIS SPACE

Hope this is of use to anyone in the same situation as me

Total b*ll*cks!!!

Statements are despatched via Special Delivery (...which have to be signed for btw) and are delivered to certain timescales.

The packages are A4 size and if there are quite a number of statements, U will receive several packages.

To say that your statements have been ordered TWICE implies that they weren't 'ordered' in the 1st place.

Wait until Monday by all means.

But bear in mind that the general advice is NOT to telephone Banks etc + to conduct ALL dealings with them via written correspondance.

Cos Nationwide are now passed the Statutory 40 days that they had to comply to your S.A.R. they are committing an offence.

If your statements don't arrive by next Monday + U telephone them again and they give U another excuse, how do U suppose that U will be able to substantiate what they have told U, if it becomes necessary U to go to court to get them??

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

Thanks MTM

Do you reckon I should send non-compliance letter, I understand what you are saying so I won't be phoning them again.

I think i will be better sticking to my timescales and just issuing letters, would you agree?

Speedy

Yes. I wouldn't ring them again. I only suggested it in the first place for your own peace of mind really on the offchance that you wounldn't be fobed off, which obvioussly you have.

Just issue the non-compliance on Monday. You can request all recordings of phonecalls between yourself and them but I doubt you'd get them.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

If I had £1 for every Claimant that STILL puts faith in a phone call + believes every word that they are told by a Bank Employee, who is only basically telling them a scripted response from higher management, I'd be able to employ some 'super-dooper' touch-typist to do my typing for me, instead of wearing out the one finger on each hand that I use at the moment!...lol...:D

Despite people reading countless Threads about Banks + DCA's denying that Penalty Charges are unlawful and deliberately misleading potential Claimants by sending out letters that say as such, people STILL think that cos someone from the Bank has told them something on the phone 'it MUST be true'???!!

That particular logic...I'm sorry, I just can't understand!!!

Nobody is 'special'...we are ALL just numbers, to the Banks etc.

There is NO miraculous 'short-cut' that someone hasn't tried before.

The following link explains it in a nutshell really...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

The WHOLE Re-claiming process will take approx 3-4months if the maximum timescales are adhered to + a Refund is forthcoming...

S.A.R....................................................................................................................40 days

Preliminary Letter...........................................................................................14 days

Letter Before Action....................................................................................14 days

Filing Claim at Court + Defendant receiving your PoC..........................10 days

Court receiving Acknowledgement of Service from Defendant......14 days

Court receiving Defence from Defendant..............................................14 days

For some Claimants there will be further delays at the begining with the obtaining of the info from the S.A.R.

Other Claimants will develop delays in the later stages, with Court Transfers, Allocation Questionaires, Hearings etc etc.

At each + every stage a Bank will attempt to wriggle + squirm to deter a Claimant + to prolong the inevitable Refund.

Where many Claimants fall down + get into a panic + confused, is when they deviate from the well trodden path that has previously brought numerous successes.

Sure, there is NO denying that 'now + then' a Claimant gets a result from a 'helpful' Bank Employee + some Claimants will even get their Refund sooner than expected + relatively trouble free.

But that is the exception, rather than the rule!

...and so it is far better to follow the % action recommended.

From the moment that a Claimant 1st sends off their S.A.R., they HAVE to remain in control of the timescales.

It is the ONLY way that they will be able to preserve their sanity!!!...:)

(Jules Winnfield)