Provident Personal Credit - Help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Yes we all had the same procedure, but our office managers, kept them in the drawer and banked them on the due date and the agent was then credited for that week that the payment was processed, but if the cheque bounced then the agents commission was adjusted accordingly.

Thanks guys,

I have got a payment book that the agent fills in when he comes round to show my running balance/payments but I was hoping to get like a giro payment book so i can pay an amount directly to their account. I'm happy to just send them a cheque/postal order each month though.

Crappoman - my incomings/outgoings don't leave me enough even to pay 50% of the weekly payment expected and I wasn't feeling confident enough to negotiate with my agent on the doorstep (with neighbours listening in!) so I wrote directly to the office in a letter I sent off yesterday along with a token payment and a copy of my budget. My hope is that they will put a freeze on my account and allow me to pay token payments monthly until I'm in a better financial position and able to pay more. Fingers crossed they're understanding!

Thanks again for all your insights into Provident so far, its a big help :)

Ok, I don't mean to hijack this thread but my mother has a problem with provident.

My father passed away on the 19th March this year, he had loans with provident and I sorted his out by sending them the death certificate etc etc.

The issue is as follows.

Since my father had loans already with provident he persuaded my mother to take out loans with them.

His loans where nowhere near as large as my mothers wich are around £1400!!

My mother is now on benefits and they expect her to pay £26 per week, she only gets $84 per week at the moment (bereavement benefit).

My question is therefore what my first step should be, I have already advised the agent of the issue and she informed me the office said they would accept £13 per week for the time being.

She can not afford this as I'm sure you can appreciate and she is really worried about this now. I've told her I will try and sort this out for her with the help of the good folks here.

Do I write to the head office offering them a token payment of £1 per week?

Cheers.

Dave.

Penfold. Write to the office where the Agent comes from. Offer a £1.00 a month. Also request that the agent stops calling and to deal with the matter in writing only. CAB have done this for my daughter, they don't like it, but they have to lump it basically.

Send a CCA request enclosing a 1.00 postal order. They have to send you a true copy of your original agreement which should detail amongst othrr things the APR interest charge. They have to comply within 12 working days. If they don't you can stop payments & they can't charge interest untill they do produce it. If they then don't produce it within a further 30 days they commit an offence & can only enforce agreement by going to court.

Being Provident I expect their interest rate will be very high - certainly in excess of 42.5 %. I noticed on a different thread yesterday a figure of 177% was mentioned. A court is likely to deem interest rates higher than 42.5% exorbitant and this results in the agreement being declared void & you don't have to repay anything......

So 1st thing tomorrow send them a CCA request by Special Deliveryb& then start counting days....

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation your mother is in, i hope we can help.

What I've done is exactly as surprise has advised. I wrote to Provident's office giving a breakdown of my incomings and outgoings which show how little I have left each month and offered £1.00 a month towards the account. I enclosed a postal order for the first payment along with the letter.

I sent mine on Monday and by Friday I hadn't heard anything so I called the local office to chase it up. As I'd sent it to their head office it hadn't filtered down to them yet, but they agreed for the agent not to call as he was due the following day and I didn't want to explain everything to him on my doorstep.

Remember as long as your mother makes her token payment each month then they can't take any further action against her.

Nas