CatLover64 v HSBC

Catlover64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks guys! Love the pic BTW Pete - Did you draw it yourself? ;)

Just read DG's bit. Re: point 10 - couldn't stop the tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks! Think I'll have some of what they're smoking :-D. No way have they kept me or anyone else for that matter informed....Unless of course they've done it by ESP:rolleyes:.

I'll use the skeleton argument, but will take out the points regarding further charges. They no longer apply to me as the very nice people at HSBC have now closed my account! Will be raising a further complaint with the FOS, but that's another story...

Does anyone have a list of settled cases since the announcement of the OFT case? I'd like to take that along too!

TIA :)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The pic was done in one of my childish bored phases. lol. I just have to remember to send an updated one when he gets another green spot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Methinks he doth protest too much, Cat ! ;):D Laffin pete!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I think Pete deserves to have his scales pressed as he gives such goooooood advice on here.

I wish I could press his scales but I have to spread some rep around first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Am back online after study leave & exam & catching up with work.

Jo - apologies for the delay. I haven't forgotten about the spreadsheet, and am getting on the case now. Anyway, have to complete in time for my hearing on Weds, which I'm assuming is going ahead as I've heard nothing to indicate otherwise...:)

Hi Cat. How are you? No need to apologise for the delay at all. If it is any help I have put together a sort of spreadsheet of all the definate wins that I have found so far. would you like me to send it to you?

I'm well thanks Jo and hope you are too! Thanks very much for putting together the spreadsheet for me after the empty promises from me....;)

Would be great if you could send. I'll PM you with my mail addy...

PS - had a look through the court stay thread. And it looks as though Croydon CC are staying cases. Is anyone able to confirm? Think I might call the court in the am to check. If this is true, then I think it's a bloody cheek especially as no-one bothered to inform me....:mad:

I know that Bookworm's case in Croydon was stayed, but each case was being considered indicidually. I would check with the court that it is going ahead.

In case the bank apply for a stay on the day, I suggest that you have a proper application with fee ready with you. Apparently the judge was sympathetic, but insistent on proper procedure being followed.;)

However she also indicated that her hands were pretty much tied.:(

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the prompt replies Jo & Caro! A special Big Thank You for the sheet of completed cases Jo. I'll take a look at it now.

I've also prepared a skeleton argument using Zootscoot's template...I'll hunt for a Mod now to take a look at it and tell me if it's good to go!

Should I also prepare a witness statement?

TIA as always! :))

OK. I've been getting my little file ready for the prelim hearing tomorrow, and have got the following together...

1. All correspondence between the bank and myself (mostly from me I hasten to add! :D)

2. List of settled cases post OFT as supplied by Jowalshy (Thanks Jo!).

3. Copies of news stories from the Mirror and BBC website relating to the OFT case which were published last month.

4. Skeleton argument (With thanks to Freaky & Zootscoot!).

5. Draft directions.

6. Latest copy of charges taken from me.

Anything else you think I need?

TIA :)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A copy of Carlisle v Clydesdale might be of use, if they start quoting that silly Heynes v HSBC case that had no restrictions on the bank during the period of the stay C v C will come in very useful.

you can find it here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1155075.html

point 11 (page 3) onwards

pete

Thanks Pete!

I've taken down a copy and have marked out points 11 & 12 which refers to banks putting accounts in default (which they attempted to do with me), and passing on details to third party agencies...

I've not bothered to take down the rest of the papers as suggested earlier, as this is only a prelim hearing and not an application for a lift of a stay. As far as I'm aware, no stay has been applied for in my case.