PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barclaycard PPI reclaim won

tried to offset against sold debt -

then fully paid up to the debtor

with NO OFF SET

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406381-Barclaycard-PPI-tried-to-offset-PPI-on-sold-debt-**repaid-in-full-with-NO-OFFSET-WON**

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

and they

and they

• 3 weeks later...

its worthy to start threads

and details how you got these reclaims

and link the threads here.

so it can be seen how you achieved this.

dx

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Halifax - £2650

Egg - £170

MBNA - £937

Egg - £3880

HSBC - £1415

Despite my recollections being that I never requested any PPI on any Loans/Cards, a friend of mine suggested a few months back that I simply write to all of my Creditors demanding they repay me the PPI that had been added to my accounts.

I had very little by way of any paperwork to corroborate my claims but I simply tailored one of the template letters that are kicking around the web and sent it off to all and sundry.

I suggested that my claims were largely related to pushy salesmen/poorly explained details etc. and awaited responses.

In general the initial responses were all along the lines of "Very sorry to receive your complaint, please fill in the enclosed Questionnaire to help us with our enquiries".

I NEVER filled in these lengthy proformas, and responded that I saw them as just a cynical ploy on the parts of the Banks to put people off pursuing any further, and were designed to trip people up and provide loopholes for the Banks to exploit" I also stated that I would only involve myself in lengthy administration if pushed to pass my claims on to the FOS.

As can be seen above, I have had quite a few successes thus far, and the only losses were from Companies that produced proof that I had not had PPI attached to my Loan/Card.

I would advise anyone to chase these charlatans, because for the price of a few stamps it can be very satisfying, not to mention lucrative.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!! :-)

Barclaycard PPI :whoo:

refund of £6756.28 on my Debit Card

and £452 on my Credit Card

Full story on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?396457-Monthly-Barclaycard-PPI-since-1996-to-2005

Thank you very much citizenB, ims21 and andybars for patiently replying to my silly questions.

Big Hug

Autumn

In September I successfully claimed back £4,500.76 from my RBS Credit Card, all because the person that sold me it told me I had to have it for my card application to go ahead (I already had life and critical illness cover, death in service benefit and 12 months sick pay from work)

This was on a card with a £2,000 limit used to varying degress over 10 years :)

Edited by MyBad
To add more info

always post a link to your threads please

so it can be seen how you did it!!

that's the idea of this thread

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to this forum and the use of templates for SAR request and my claim, I received £16,000 from Lloyds for mis-selling on loans between 1998 and 2005.

I received all the information within a few weeks of posting my SAR request letter. I then sent of my letter outlining my reasons for being mis-sold, and within two weeks I received a phone call following up my letter. I answered their questions and was told I would receive a decision soon.

10 days later I logged on to my account and was gobsmacked to find it £16,000 in credit! That same day a letter arrived in the post confirming the offer of compensation.

It is definitely worth spending £10 on the SAR request, as this provided me with all the account numbers for all of the loans (many of them were consolidation loans) and the printouts also showed which loan accounts had PPI.

I always accepted full responsibility for the loans I had and understood and agreed to the repayment plans and interest, but I resent that the bank implied that the loans would be provided on condition of me taking out PPI, even though I was working part time on a self-employed basis, raising a young family. I now feel that justice has been done and I still bank with Lloyds (better the devil you know!)

Thanks to this forum and the use of templates for SAR request and my claim, I received £16,000 from Lloyds for mis-selling on loans between 1998 and 2005.

I received all the information within a few weeks of posting my SAR request letter. I then sent of my letter outlining my reasons for being mis-sold, and within two weeks I received a phone call following up my letter. I answered their questions and was told I would receive a decision soon.

10 days later I logged on to my account and was gobsmacked to find it £16,000 in credit! That same day a letter arrived in the post confirming the offer of compensation.

It is definitely worth spending £10 on the SAR request, as this provided me with all the account numbers for all of the loans (many of them were consolidation loans) and the printouts also showed which loan accounts had PPI.

I always accepted full responsibility for the loans I had and understood and agreed to the repayment plans and interest, but I resent that the bank implied that the loans would be provided on condition of me taking out PPI, even though I was working part time on a self-employed basis, raising a young family. I now feel that justice has been done and I still bank with Lloyds (better the devil you know!)

tapsixtyfive - post the text here on your thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?386576-Claiming-PPI-from-Lloyds-problem-with-SAR.

use the edit post icon in post 971 to just show Bank/Amount

thankyou

and they

• 1 month later...

K&Co account cover plus **WON**

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?402516-Mothers-Shop-Direct-(Kay-s)-Account-Cover-Plus-(PPI)-**WON**

dx

and they

Received £1.737.34 from Halifax

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 2 weeks later...

Got £4k from Barclays

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hello, has anyone tried to send another PPI complaint to the bank for not including fees, charges and interest applied?

Thanks for all info:)

I refer you to the title of this thread

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...