My Case against Natwest

cakey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Correct, a DPA request can produce things other than the statements. You should make one.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yes I got her details and am now drafting a letter as advised.

Also the deadline for the first letter I sent about my other account is up on Sunday - Natwest have not even bothered to reply - I gave them 14 days, in my next letter which is the one pre-court would I be ok to give them just 7 days and they could not be bothered to reply to the last one which was 14 days?

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

That's right the DPA request makes a difference. I requested my statements from 1999 which i received without being charged any money cos i told them i was using it as a defence in a court case for a default to be removed from my credit file but when i asked using the DPA there were some discrepancies

:Cry: hi i wanted a dpa letter template as i have also been stung by natwest with charges and then they offered me a personal loan to put in in credit which they charge me 25.00 each time the payment misses as my wage cums in the day they take the payment when asked to change the date they said id have to pay x2 payment of the loan in order to do that .. i seem to be pulled back into the same situation again and again...please help thanks aimee

aimeejaan,

You have hijacked someone elses thread. Start your own after reading the FAQ

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Seems a quicker way than the DPA request and cheaper.

Can someone please explain how this is cheaper than the DPA request letter, as I had not realised there was a charge for processing the DPA request? In requesting the DPA disclosure, I'm looking at a charge of £10 then? Am I right? Sorry to be a dunce, but I'm um ... you know. A dunce.

:D

Great site.

Banks may or may not charge you for copy statements. However you are after more that statements - you want details of any manual intervention. These you can only obtain via a DPA request for which you can be charged a max of £10,

By the way, please start your own thread

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Banks may or may not charge you for copy statements. However you are after more that statements - you want details of any manual intervention. These you can only obtain via a DPA request for which you can be charged a max of £10,

By the way, please start your own thread

Thanks for the info, as for starting my own thread I thought since I was responding to the details given in this one, that I was responding to this one.

Thanks again.

I have today (right on the 14 day deadline) recieved a response from natwest:

Dear XXX

Thank you for your letter and I apologise for any dissatisfation caused by the application of charges to your account.

We believe our charges are fair, reasonable and transaprent. We considor that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all the applciable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information we give our customers about the operation of our products.

Against that background, we must therefore differ to the view expreses in your letter. Accordingly, the charges that have been applied to yoru account must stand.

However, thank you again for taking the trouble to write.

Its from the local branch manager.....

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I am about the file the Small claims court papers in hard copy (not online) I have the papers here (The deadline for them Bank is this weekend) The bank have not replied to my second letter they have simply sent a letter asking for repayment of the money over my overdraft limit.

When I add additional documentation with the court stuff I will put in the breakdown of the charges and the letters I have sent to the bank -

1: is it worth including the standard reponse letter they sent to my first letter?

2: Also would other additional documents like the:

"The costs are going to pay for all the people we have who pursue debt, collect debt, speak to customers and chase payments. The way these charges are arrived at is by taking these total costs and making some assumptions about the volume that is going to come through to arrive at the individual charges" (2nd report, 25 January 2005, paragraph 50).

One or is this giving the bank prewarning of anything for when it ends up in court??

2: Also would other additional documents like the:

"The costs are going to pay for all the people we have who pursue debt, collect debt, speak to customers and chase payments. The way these charges are arrived at is by taking these total costs and making some assumptions about the volume that is going to come through to arrive at the individual charges" (2nd report, 25 January 2005, paragraph 50).

One or is this giving the bank prewarning of anything for when it ends up in court??

What is this document?

Just send your schedule of charges. Documents which you are going to rely on, you exchange later on after the defence has been filed

Thanks BF.

The word document is probably not the right word perhpas did not explain it properly. I was thinking of putting some bits together.

That quote is from:

UK banks have recently given evidence to the House of Commons Treasury Committee on how bank charges are calculated: "The costs are going to pay for all the people we have who pursue debt, collect debt, speak to customers and chase payments. The way these charges are arrived at is by taking these total costs and making some assumptions about the volume that is going to come through to arrive at the individual charges" (2nd report, 25 January 2005, paragraph 50).

Can you lnk us to this, please. I can't remember having seen a 2005 document like this.

So the saga continues, the deadline for my second letter came over the weekend so all the court documents were printed and ready to be filed.

I phoned my bank manager today as they had no had the courtesy to even respond to my second letter. He informed me he would get a response and send me a letter, so I insisted on picking the letter up by hand today. (Interestingly he mentioned he had been on "the website" also!!!)

Anyway the response from the bank has offered me a payment of less than 10% as a gesture of goodwill but with certain clauses including: all future fees must stand, its a full and final settlement of ALL claims relating to charges and a confidentiality clause. (oops have I already broken that!)

Anyways whats the best next step, do I phone him (backed up with a letter) giving them a couple more days to rethink their offer (perhpas adding an extra nought to the end!) or simply file the court papers - would that be seen as not trying to do everything to sort this matter out of court?? Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

As Richardc says. You go to the next step. Don't contact them They have given you their reply.

Latest update on my saga:

Have filed 2 Claims in the small claims court against natwest (I have 2 accounts with them) awaiting a response now.

However Natwest have just resent a letter they have already sent me offering a settlement of £400 which I have already told them I will not accept - however there is an interesting paragraph in the letter which I thoough I would pass on:

"The OFT is presently in contact with us and seven other major credit card companies to discuss the level of charges on credit crads. It is important that I emphasise these discussion are limited to charges on credit cards only."

- I do not though understand why they stuck that statement in as this is for a bank account and I do not have a credit card with them.....

I had read a week or so ago that the (OFT?) had recommended/insisted that from now on the max charge should be no more than £15 but I cannot remember if it was for all charges or just credit cards.

It was in the Newcastle Journal Business Section if it is any help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks