Any rebuttals after claims settled??

skwest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having read all your success stories I am tempted to claim myself but just wanted to checka couple of things...

1) do they always wait until you threaten them with court before they pay up (and how close to the date do they wait until?)

2) has anyone had any bad experiences in terms of account closures or other problems after getting their money back

Thank you

Hi skwest

Welcome to the Nationwide forum. You will find lots of useful info here and plenty of people willing to help you through the process. Keep reading through lots of threads, take a lok at the FAQ's, and follow the step by step instructions and you shouldn't go wrong.

In answer to your two questions;

1) Nwide will only pay up after you have filed a court claim. Recent successes against them suggest that it will be right down to the wire (in terms of court deadlines) before they cough up!! In the meantime they will use all manner of delaying tactics to try and put you off and 'scare' you into backing down from court action. Don't be intimidated by their actions, just stick to the tried and tested procedure and you will succeed.

2) Nwide have now stopped closing accounts after successful first claims but issue a warning to abide by the terms and conditions in future or consider banking elsewhere. There have been a few cases of withdrawing overdraft facilities during the reclaiming process but it remains to be seen whether this is a new tactic that will be applied in every case or if it only applies where the overdraft is constantly or regularly over limit. Just another factor to consider.

Hope the above answers your queries. Good luck with your claim - not that you need any. If you have any more questions, post them here, there are always plenty of lovely people willing to help and share their expertise and experience.

Hi SKWest

I got my settlement yesterday from Nationwide.

I this morning received the bog standard letter from them, saying that I must play nicely and not cause any more fuss otherwise I will be given 30 days notice of my account closing.

Reading through other threads, this seems pretty normal.

Hi skwest!

Agreed or NOT agreed, an O/D is regarded as a service and is repayable on demand.

It has been known for Nationwide to cancel your O/D as soon as U start the Re-claiming process and threaten U with a DEFAULT NOTICE if U fail to repay the O/D in FULL by a certain future date.

Nationwide will charge U @ the Unauthorised O/D Interest % Rate for the entire period that U continue to be O/D.

Any repayments that they make to U if U are successful in your Claim will be paid into your Flexaccount and will be swallowed up by any outstanding O/D that U may still have.

In some instances, Nationwide have even 'Frozen' a Claimants Flexaccount and insisted on FULL repayment of the O/D asap just out of spite!!!

My advice to anyone who has an outstanding O/D with Nationwide and who are not in a financial position to easily repay it, would be to set up a running 'parachute' current account elsewhere BEFORE starting their Claim with Nationwide.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)